PDA

View Full Version : Swimming with Manatees

LiloLovesTheKing26
10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
I want to do a swim with the manatees in Florida somewhere. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations on tours????

NJGIRL
10-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Bumping this up. Anyone???? :mickey:

mac badger
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Crystal River is where you want to go. it's on the west coast north of Tanpa. There are a lot of different tour companies

murphy1
12-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Capt. Mike's Sunshine River Tours, he goes out of Homosassa River and Crystal River and has different type of tours for different rates. He also has good accommodation and restaurant recs on his site. I'm from near that area and traveled there a lot for the day and everyone knows this guy up there. Also check out Weeki Wachee if you get a chance, that's a fun place in Spring Hill along the same road--it's the place with the Mermaids

lettripp
03-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I've done this before... but quite by accident. I agree with Crystal River... but if you want the same adventure we had, hop into the Weekie Wachee river and go! I find that Kayaking with the Manatees is just as exciting, if not more so. One year, my sister and I were lucky enough to kayak upstream and find a mother nursing her babies, and several other manatee chillin' the same place. It really is a magical experience!!! Good luck!!

TracyL
03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Manatees frequent Blue Spring, just west of DeLand, Florida (where I live) especially in the winter. Not sure if you can "swim with manatees" per se, but you'll certainly see some, and you can swim in Blue Spring.

murphy1
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
TracyL, how are the cabins there? We usually do the ones in Lake Louisa, and I want to go to Blue Springs some time.
Have you ever been to Cassadaga? That is a cool place not far from you.