PDA

View Full Version : ADR's easy to get. Weird.

Gator
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
So I finally pulled the trigger for a trip in January. The free DDP pushed me over the edge. And I figured it would do the same to other people.

Boy, was I ever suprised to be 112 days out and to get nearly every ADR I wanted and right at the times I wanted.

CRT@12
Chef Mickey's@6:15
Le Cellier@Noon
PrimeTime@6:30
Crystal Palace@5:45
Akershus@Noon
Teppan Edo@6:30

The only time that was off was Le Cellier. There were absolutely no dinner times, which was a tiny bummer, but as long as I get my New York Steak, I'm happy.

Again, I was very suprised that with the Free DDP I was able to get all these great places at great times. Any guesses on why that happened?

BTW, the online ressie system is GREAT! Thought I'd hate it, but I loved it.

cer
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
You've got a great line up, Gator.

I am so glad to know that you are getting to go in January. Now the big question is...what are the refurbs that are going to take place in Jan this year?

Speaking from someone who usually goes during late Jan and early Feb, I am really pulling for you that Splash will be open for your trip this year. Sometimes we Jan/Feb guests get lucky...

Keeping my fingers crossed...:mickey:

bostonsam
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
So I finally pulled the trigger for a trip in January. The free DDP pushed me over the edge. And I figured it would do the same to other people.

Boy, was I ever suprised to be 112 days out and to get nearly every ADR I wanted and right at the times I wanted.

CRT@12
Chef Mickey's@6:15
Le Cellier@Noon
PrimeTime@6:30
Crystal Palace@5:45
Akershus@Noon
Teppan Edo@6:30

The only time that was off was Le Cellier. There were absolutely no dinner times, which was a tiny bummer, but as long as I get my New York Steak, I'm happy.

Again, I was very suprised that with the Free DDP I was able to get all these great places at great times. Any guesses on why that happened?

BTW, the online ressie system is GREAT! Thought I'd hate it, but I loved it.

we are about 60 days near and mangaed to swing a Crystal Palace breakfast:Dthankfully...no luck with a character lunch/dinner

RedSoxFan
10-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Great ADR's.
Keep trying for LeCellier for dinner if that is what you want. I was trying a few times a day and I managed to get dinner for my trip in December.

paragon
10-04-2010, 08:18 PM
we are 24 days away, I got all the ADRs I was looking for. I was hoping for a Crystal Palace breakfast, and couldn't get it, until I tried again the next day. We are spending Halloween at MK, breakfast at 8am, a little park time, break, dinner then back for MNSSHP.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
LUCKY!! We just booked our January trip as well, and for the entire 8 days, there was not one single opening at Le Cellier. I keep trying, but have not found a thing.

We did get everything else we wanted however. Chef Mickey's, Ohanas and Akershus for breakfasts, and Teppan Edo, Sci Fi and Whispering Canyon for dinners, so we were very happy with those.

I'm still working on Le Cellier, but great luck for you!

Happy Eating!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Congratulations...just out of curiosity did you do ADRs online or over the phone?

Gator
10-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Congratulations...just out of curiosity did you do ADRs online or over the phone?

I did them all online except for the Castle meal. I couldn't figure out how to add my reservation to the online system, so I called to avoid having to pay up front on my credit card. The online system is really great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Great I'll try that next time

paragon
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
I used the online system for everything.
The only issue I had was when I booked ADR for Hoop Dee Doo, it defaults to premium seating, which isn't part of the DDP for the early show, so I got charged for it right away. I called, and the CM was able to assist with a reservation for the second show, which IS part of the DDP with premium seats.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Sounds excellent! Love all your choices.

I love the online system too. Can't wait for them to open up the DVC reservation system if it's anything like the dining!