PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend

sydneymouse
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
We are planning on attending a Star Wars Weekend next year. Can you give me an idea of what to expect? Is it just mainly morning events or all day? What exactly is there to do? My son loves Star Wars but is only 5.

Strmchsr
10-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Going here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp) in Info Central should give you the answers you need.

KylesMom
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
This is a great age to introduce your DS to Star Wars Weekends. I remember when DS was that age, it was the best thing in the world to him. Even though he was supposed to be a tough guy during photo ops with the likes of Darth Maul & Darth Vader, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. :darth: Wait, you still can't get rid of that smile - and he's 12 now. :D

To clarify, meet-and-greets take place from park opening through to the afternoon, with the scheduled parade and "extras" throughout the day.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the schedule, however. With Star Tours reopening after the refurb, I would suspect that it will be insanely crowded that first weekend. :mickey:

Melanie
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Wait, you still can't get rid of that smile - and he's 12 now. :D

My boys too Carol. They loved it last year, and they are 12, 10 and 41. Oh wait..the 41 year old is my DH. ;) But I totally agree, 5 is a great age to get started. We spent a lot of time just doing the meet and greets, and they were perfectly happy. My oldest is a big Clone Wars fan so we did the show with the director and Ashley Eckstein which was very interesting. And the parade is great!

Honestly, just walking around soaking up the atmosphere is fun. There are shows and meet and greets all day. I won't lie - it's hot and it's usually crowded. And I bet you are right Carol, next year will be a little more crazy with Star Tours opening back up.

Kenny1113
10-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Ditto to keeping an eye on meet and greet schedule. Find out who DS wants to see and where and when they will be there

. We went a couple of years ago, I knew about the schedule, but I did not look at it closely. We saw R2d2 right when the CM closed the line. My DS(8th birthday) was sooo disappointed. :( Despite that kids loved it!