PDA

View Full Version : Food at the resorts

massachusetts
10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
We just came back from POFQ. We use to eat at the food court frequently but not anymore. What happened to the food quality and selection? I have pancakes one morning and they were like rubber. They have all these sandwhiches called po boys. The bread is so hard. They do not make sundaes any more. The only things that were good were the ribs and the salad. Yuck!:ack:

faline
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't like the choices at your resort.

vicster
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
We stayed at WL in September and I was shocked at Roaring Forks at what they called a hamburger. It was disgusting and I wouldn't have served it to anyone.

vicster
10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I hate to hear this because food is a big part of a vacation for me.

I think we only go to eat - LOL. We ate lunch (counter service) at the new pavilion in Mexico and we loved the tacos. All the food isn't bad. I do keep seeing posts on this website about the food declining and I'm starting to believe it.

Seasonscraps
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
We stayed at WL in September and I was shocked at Roaring Forks at what they called a hamburger. It was disgusting and I wouldn't have served it to anyone.

I noticed the same thing during our last WL visit. I don't know what was done to the burger to make it taste so bad. :sick:

Gator
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I haven't had that experience at all. In fact, the food at the resort has improved for me. I couldn't stand Boatwright's on my honeymoon, and the CBR food court was terrible on my second trip.

But after that, I didn't have any troubles at The Pepper Market, the ASMovie food court, or Mara at AKL. I'm hoping that CBR is better this time around.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I wasn't a big fan of French Quarter's food court when we stayed there in 2001. Doesn't sound like it's improved any.

Sylvia
10-05-2010, 09:27 PM
ASMusic's food court is tops in my book. On my last trip (May of this year), each evening they offered a special dinner choice, such as Meatloaf, Pot Roast, Roast Pork, and Salmon. I missed the Meatloaf - went for dinner too late and they sold out. But, I had the Pot Roast, Roast Pork, and Salmon and they were delicious!! I've stayed at Music on my last 4 trips, and the food court choices just seem to be getting better.

Hull-onian
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
We stayed at the FQ and did not like the food court either. It had a sour smell to it, like it hadn't been scrubbed down in a while. As for Allsspts, we had cheeseburgers from there in the evening and they were excellent, and all our breakfasts were good too. I guess, you have to be there when it is just right....