PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues and Autism...

d_m_n_n
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM
We are going to be in the Orlando area in February and looking to DTD to get my "fix." :blush: I know the HoB has a band in the evening and I'm sure it gets loud then, but what about during the day? DS doesn't like places like Hard Rock Cafe because of the noise...how do the two compare in the music volume? Also, what time do the bands start so we can make sure and get out ahead of time?

ElenitaB
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
We had dinner there in August. We had a 6:30 reservation and there was no sign of a live band by the time we left (around 7:45-ish). It is now one of my new favorites! Looking forward to going back. Lots of interesting things to look at there too.

faline
10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Not too long ago, we had an early dining time (around 5 p.m) and there was not band. The place was pretty quiet, overall, and I'm sure we would have been able to walk in had we wanted to.

teambricker04
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
My family has had lunch there and it was just like a regular restaurant... no louder than any other sit down :)

BrerGnat
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Bring earplugs for your son! My son has autism as well, and "theatrical" loud noises bother him. BUT he sat through and enjoyed a live concert (Imagination Movers) with the help of basic sleeping ear plugs (the "junior" sized ones).

If you do an early dinner, you should be able to avoid the noises, but being at WDW in general, there are a lot of times when the noises will be very loud and inescapable (lots of preshows, live shows, and MANY attractions). The earplugs are small and convenient to carry around, and you can just pop them in whenever.