PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine ?

dizne4me
10-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Headed to F & W in a few days (can't wait) and I'm looking forward to trying some different things. My first question is - How do you pay for things - do you have to purchase a card or something to use for purchases at F & W? And secondly, does anyone have any suggestions on what to try while we're there?

Melanie
10-04-2010, 07:32 AM
There is a special mini gift card for this year's festival that you can wear on your wrist. I bought one and found it very convenient for use at the kiosks. But you can pay cash or use credit as well.

My sons and I tried a lot of things Saturday night. We had the best time! My son's loved China, with my oldest's favorite being the Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles, and my youngest had two of the Barbecue Chicken Sticks. My favorite was the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango Barbecue Sauce from South Africa. That sauce was yummy!!! Another one we all really enjoyed was the Barbecue Short Rib with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi from South Korea. And being sushi lovers, we all scarfed down our California Roll from Japan.

Have fun!!! It's such a great time to be at the World, and in particular Epcot. :tasty:

brivers222
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Where do you pick up the gift card and is it good for only the day you visit or can it be used on multiple visits until it's all used up?

Belle619
10-04-2010, 09:47 AM
My sister and I just went this past weekend and there were a lot of yummy selections! Here were our favorites:

Argentina - Roasted Corn and Cheese empanada
Australia - Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red Wine Reduction
Belgium - Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream
Chile - Shripm Ceviche
South Africa - Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purče and Mango Barbecue Sauce

Melanie
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Where do you pick up the gift card and is it good for only the day you visit or can it be used on multiple visits until it's all used up?

I got mine at the front gate ticket office, but I saw them all over for sale. It is good forever, and I believe you can reload it as well.

IloveJack
10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
My favorite was the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango Barbecue Sauce from South Africa.

South Africa - Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purče and Mango Barbecue Sauce

:ditto: Plan on having it again in 9 days, when we're at Epcot.

brivers222
10-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks Melanie!!

man i can't wait... 6 days!!

Melanie
10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
:ditto: Plan on having it again in 9 days, when we're at Epcot.

Soooo good! I was tempted to lick my plate. ;)

BugeyedMuggy
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
We got our gift card right at the food booth and they load it with any amount. They also told us it is good forever. The wrist ones are great! Don't forget to get a marketplace discovery passport. They are free and list all the food & drinks at each booth. You can keep track of what you like & the cashier stamps it with the countries stamp. Lots of fun to do. We are hoping to fill it up by the end of the week.

BigRedDad
10-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Any Disney gift card works. So does you KTTW card. They take credit cards and cash as well. There is a specific F&WF card that I have read about that is smaller in size and can go on your wrist for quick access at the booths.

I don't think you will have an issue finding the card available in Epcot. I am sure they are probably everywhere.

mudpuppysmom
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Last year they had bracelets with little gift cards attached to them....and you could load them with as much/little as you wanted.....when you ran out you could reload them right at the register! We loved this idea as we go with family and one person hits one booth, someone else hits another and then we meet in the middle.....that maximizes our tasting abilities!! We always ask who wants what from where and divide and conquer!!

The bracelet thing worked out REALLY well for us last year.....and we all spent about the same, so we shared in the expense too!

wdwfan
10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
It is a gift card and can be used anywhere in WDW not just for F&W. They are great and CM's running registers like them too. After each transaction you will get a receipt with the remaining balance.

dmallan
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
You can also use snack credits to purchase any of the food items. We had saved most of our snack credits for F&W tastes and it worked out well. For the items $4.00 or over we used a snack credit, for those that were $2.50 or $3.00 we paid cash or put it on our KTTW card.

We enjoyed the keilbasa and potato pierogies from Poland, the spaetzle gratin from Germany, the lettuce wrap from South Korea and the baked cheese ravioli from Italy.

Melanie
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Had a new favorite today - Fisherman's Pie from Ireland. Yummy!!!!

BluewaterBrad
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Had a new favorite today - Fisherman's Pie from Ireland. Yummy!!!!

Yes Melanie.....................those debuted last year and in two weeks I will overdose!!!!!:mickey:

Melanie
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes Melanie.....................those debuted last year and in two weeks I will overdose!!!!!:mickey:

LOL! Good choice to overdue it on. :D

Suz36
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll have to agree with Melanie's choices - the tenderloin from South Africa and the short ribs from South Korea - that booth got the prize for best smelling from DH and I! I also loved the Belgian waffles, and any of the Rieslings from Germany. The bracelet worked really well - I'm thinking of taking them for the kids on our next trip.