PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs

terri110874
10-04-2010, 06:38 AM
We are thinking of going here on our next trip Aug 2011. Can you please tell me the good or bad about this resort? Also does this resort have queen size beds? Thank you in advance for any information.:mickey:

Melanie
10-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Yes, Coronado Springs has queen beds, while no other moderate on property does. Another plus are the sliding doors separating the bath area from the sleeping area (so much better than the curtains found in other moderates). The decor is really nice!

The resort itself is beautiful, especially at night. And the pool area is top notch, with a great slide, huge hot tub and nice bar.

I love Coronado Springs! My favorite room area is Ranchos.

The one complaint you hear most often is the size of the resort. It doesn't bother us. Another complaint is the Pepper Market, as it's run a little differently than other food courts on property. A hostess seats you and takes your drink ordered, then you get your food at the stations and get a card stamped with what you ordered. The hostess keeps your drinks filled, and then you pay at the end.

plutosnana
10-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Cornado Springs is a very nice hotel! I must agree with Melanie! It has two sinks, one bathroom, two beds, it seems very different from other Disney Hotels!

:goofy:

buzz2001
10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

It also has terrific transportation to all 4 parks.

LauraF
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I loved our last stay here. Being that it is larger, we didn't feel crowded at thr bus stops, the lobby or the restuarants. I know some folks dislike the convention portion . . . but we never needed to go over there.

I second the vote for the Ranchos - we walked out of our room and about 50 feet to the bus stop. We also had the pool near us, and the landscaping and lagoon were both lovely to stroll around at night.

To me, it is the most deluxe feeling moderate.

bostonsam
10-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Family and I stayed there in 2008 was very very nice.I don't think I have a single complaint,well lol we were a little far from the main building,foodcourt etc... but were close to pool/park(made our kids happy)and bus stop.The foodcourt is run a tad different but mangeable.It is absolutely beautiful to walk around at sunset:heart:

johnO
10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
We've got three nights coming up at the end of the month!! cant wait!

faline
10-06-2010, 08:53 PM
It's a very nice resort - probably my favorite moderate resort!