PDA

View Full Version : What if Disney had a hotel in your area, or at your other favorite vac spot?

paragon
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
I was just thinking about this today, as I drove past an abandoned motel near work.
What if Disney had a themed hotel in your city, or area. Or wherever you vacation when not at WDW/DL.
Imagine a themed ( think Pop or Value ) hotel at your other vacation spot. Would you stay there? Just to have a little Disney while on another vacation?
Clearly Disney IS in the hotel business, so why not have a chain of themed hotels across the country?

faline
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Probably not. I go to Disney for Disney parks, ambience etc. When I vacation in other places, I go for other purposes.

ElenitaB
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not so sure about a themed hotel, unless it was particularly enticing. But I would consider a Disney hotel out of Disney if it offered the quality of service we enjoy at WDW (just like DCL offers great service).

medic9016
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
We have DVC on Hilton Head Island, drove by it several times. It is just not the same as Disney. I have no desire to stay there.

BellesRose
10-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Nope, I can't say I would.

Scar
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I think it depends on the context.

I would not be in favor of Disney building a hotel in Gettysburg.

Now, if they had one say, in Atlantic City... I would probably stay there.

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Probably. But if they were to open a chain of hotels, they need to also develop a reward program.

ILoveLegos
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Nope, I would not. My second favorite vacation spot is Oahu, Hawaii & Turtle Bay Resort is my first choice not the Disney Resort! :cloud9:

BrerGnat
10-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, they are building a hotel in D.C. I think they did some surveying that showed interest in this type of thing.

The biggest problem I forsee is, Disney seems to have a hard time "keeping up" with the rest of the luxury hotel industry. They are behind the times on a lot of things, and so far, their properties are not even close to comparable to upscale chains that they might be trying to compete with in larger cities. Heck, let's be real, they're not even as good as, like, Starwood properties.

If Disney wants to launch into this business outside of their parks, they really need to step up the quality of their rooms, the level of services they provide, and really give those other chains a run for their money.

BellesRose
10-08-2010, 07:25 PM
The biggest problem I forsee is, Disney seems to have a hard time "keeping up" with the rest of the luxury hotel industry. They are behind the times on a lot of things, and so far, their properties are not even close to comparable to upscale chains that they might be trying to compete with in larger cities. Heck, let's be real, they're not even as good as, like, Starwood properties.

If Disney wants to launch into this business outside of their parks, they really need to step up the quality of their rooms, the level of services they provide, and really give those other chains a run for their money.
Agreed agreed AGREED!

faline
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Turtle Bay Resort is my first choice not the Disney Resort! :cloud9:

Lovely spot! :thumbsup:

Gator
10-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Probably not. It would be over priced, for sure. Plus, the biggest reason I like WDW resort hotels is the great transportation. How they gonna match that anywhere else?

Kim Possible
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Possibly, it depends on the location of the hotel

DisneyPrincess21
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I was just thinking about this today, as I drove past an abandoned motel near work.
What if Disney had a themed hotel in your city, or area. Or wherever you vacation when not at WDW/DL.
Imagine a themed ( think Pop or Value ) hotel at your other vacation spot. Would you stay there? Just to have a little Disney while on another vacation?
Clearly Disney IS in the hotel business, so why not have a chain of themed hotels across the country?

I would for sure.

magicofdisney
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
If I were staying in a Disney hotel I would expect to wake up and get to visit a park. If there's none available, I'd feel like something was missing.