PDA

View Full Version : Family Suite at All Star Music

mattandmandy
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I was wondering how comfortable the pull out beds/ottoman are in the family suite? Its only about $30 more to get 2 rooms instead of the suite. We were considering doing this because we were not sure how comfortable the rest of the family will be who aren't sleeping on the actual bed? Any feedback would be great so we can make a decision... :mickey:

BigRedDad
10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I cannot answer for the pullout at the AS, but if it is anything like the DVC rooms at AKL, the floor is more comfortable. if it were me, I would 2 connecting rooms. This gives you 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 rooms, and more space.

disneymom15
10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Isn't it actually cheaper to get 2 rooms rather than 1 suite? Just looked at prices, value season $82 X 2=$164 compared to $184.

mattandmandy
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Isn't it actually cheaper to get 2 rooms rather than 1 suite? Just looked at prices, value season $82 X 2=$164 compared to $184.

Not sure about other travel dates, but we are arriving next month (Friday after Thanksgiving) and have our trip booked for the suite. When we asked about changing to 2 rooms it comes out to be about $30 more.

gerald72
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
$30 total?
The should be refunding money instead. You sure it isn't a service charge? I think I'd cancel and rebook.

mattandmandy
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
The total cost is $30 more for the whole trip, I will call tomorrow and recheck though. Thanks!

LVT
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
That is my current debate, also. I would like to upgrade, but 2 rooms at POP is cheaper and will probably be more relaxing than close quarters for several days in a higher grade hotel.
Has anyone tried it? Was the communication with the group hindered by distance? I realize that connecting rooms are usually saved for those with small children.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-05-2010, 11:24 AM
You could also consider upgrading, depending on your family size, to POR-AB. If all you need is a spot for a 5th person, POR-AB has the trundle bed to accomodate a smaller child.

Also, if you happen to be taking advantage of the free DDP, then upgrading to a moderate also, I believe, upgrades your free DDP from the QS plan to the TS plan.

Just a thought if the situation applies.

cajunmickey
10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Stayed in the suites a few years ago. We had 3 teenagers sleeping on the pull out. Never had a complaint from any of them. They really enjoyed having their own bed.