PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magical Express

andypooh
10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Are you allowed to eat on the buses? Thanks.

BigRedDad
10-03-2010, 11:12 AM
They say no food or drinks. However, I have seen kids eat little snacks and juice boxes.

andypooh
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I will have DS 2 and DS 4 with myself and DW. We arrive at 12:15 so it will be lunchtime. Was thinking of grabbing something at the food court and heading right over to the bus and letting them chow down on the bus. We want to get to MK ASAP.

34 days to go!!

BigRedDad
10-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Eating a meal on the bus is probably a no go. The policy to my understanding is no food or drink. I could see little kids having gummy fruit snacks or something, but not a meal. If they are that hungry, just eat at the food court or have them eat the meal in the stroller while walking down to DME. Eating at the food court will do nothing to delay your trip. You would still get down to DME and a bus will be boarding or arriving as you get there.

andypooh
10-03-2010, 12:54 PM
will probably get the food and eat as we walk over to the bus area. As i recall there is usually a little wait to board anyway.

CleveRocks
10-03-2010, 09:27 PM
The policy is no food and drink, and the reason the drivers are liekly to enthusiastically enforce this i sthat the drivers themselves are responsible for the cleanliness of their buses, so any food/drink spillage would have to be cleaned up by the drivers themselves as there is no cleaning crew in between bus runs.

Piglet822
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM
To add to CleveRocks response, in case of a spillage a driver really doesn't have a way to clean it up other than some paper towels and maybe a bottle of glass cleaner.
Mops and brooms are not readily available so it's best to eat before you board the bus :)

Mammabruski
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Well, a couple weeks ago I picked up a chili cheese dog at the Nathan's stand at the food court at MCO. My plan was to eat it on the bus, which I did. I had no idea there was a no food/drink policy on the bus. I didn't see a sign anywhere. I stood at the front of the line waiting to be assigned a bus for 10 minutes holding my food bag (I didn't want to eat a chili dog standing up). I spoke to numerous CMs and they said nothing to me... I can't imagine that you aren't allowed to have a drink on the bus! That sounds a little odd... no sodas, waters, milk? Hmmm...