Katzateer
10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Where is this?

disneydear
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Kouzzina is located at the Boardwalk near Epcot.:mickey:

ElenitaB
10-02-2010, 08:52 PM
It's where Spoodles was... right between Seashore Sweets and the Boardwalk Bakery.

Ed
10-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Unsolicited opinion...

DW and I ate there a few months ago, and we were generally unimpressed. Food was average, service was just okay, prices were fairly high.

I'd prefer Flying Fish or Big River any time.

Just my personal :twocents:

I'll get off my :soapbox: now.

SBETigg
10-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I totally disagree with Ed, maybe it depends on what you order, or how you feel about mediterranean food. I've had really amazing food and service at Kouzzina-- Fisherman's stew and lamb absolutely delicious, and the lamb burger on the trio sounds so mundane but is quite a happy surprise. I think it's a very affordable, really great dining experience, one of the best one TS credit places at WDW. I've been to Flying Fish, and I think Kouzzina is a better value and on par with it. A very good choice. Just don't get the pastitsio, which was by no means bad but way too big and not their best offering by far.

Katzateer
10-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks!

I had seen it mentioned a few times and tryed a search on it and couldn't get the location to come up.

Basket Mommy
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I totally agree with SBETigg. We paid OOP for a meal at Kouzzina on Sept. 27th and it was worth EVERY single penny. Amazing food, wonderful service, terrific atmosphere (the kitchen is open, which is really cool!) I would go back to Kouzzina in a heartbeat.

jpH/keD
10-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok- I am obviously out of some loop here. I know that I have heard about Kouzzina. Is that Cat Cora's restaurant? BUT Spoodles? Is that GONE now??? Hmm. I missed that all together.:confused:

SBETigg
10-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok- I am obviously out of some loop here. I know that I have heard about Kouzzina. Is that Cat Cora's restaurant? BUT Spoodles? Is that GONE now??? Hmm. I missed that all together.:confused:

Yes, Spoodles is gone. Replaced by Cat Cora's Kouzzina in the same location.

disneymom2000
10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I ate at Spoodles for the first time in 2007. I was so looking forward to going there again, but went ahead and made my ADR for Kouzzina's when I saw it was gone. I stayed at the BWI that year and had breakfast here at least 3 times and one dinner. I really liked it. I don't know why they changed it???

big blue and hairy
10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm with SBETigg and Basket Mommy, Kouzinna's food is very good! We've been there twice service was pleasant both times. Once it was fast, once, well...not so much, but it was pleasant while slow...;)

I would definitely recommend Kouzinna. Ed, musta been an off day for them or you, give 'em another try.

:sulley:

Gator
10-03-2010, 08:17 PM
One day when I get my dream of having the money to stay at the Boardwalk, I'll have to try this place. It sounds pretty good.

Jared
10-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I love Kouzzina. It might be my favorite non-signature restaurant on property. Delicious!

hbeach
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Kouzzina is actually closing from Nov 29th through mid December for refurbishment. I had DR on 12/7 and they called me yesterday to let me know that they were cancelling our reservation. :sob:

ElenitaB
10-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, that certainly is unfortunate! Thanks for signing onto INTERCOT to let us know! :thumbsup:

:welcome:

LandFan
10-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Kouzzina is actually closing from Nov 29th through mid December for refurbishment. I had DR on 12/7 and they called me yesterday to let me know that they were cancelling our reservation. :sob:

THAT'S why I can't get a single opening for my whole trip at the end of November!!! I've been wondering about that - heck I got Le Cellier and O'hana's but no Kouzzina?? Didn't make sense to me - now it does :D Thanks soooo much for letting me know!! I'll stop trying now!:thumbsup:

DisneyBunch
10-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Unsolicited opinion...

DW and I ate there a few months ago, and we were generally unimpressed. Food was average, service was just okay, prices were fairly high.

+1

It must have been an off night for me too. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Hull-onian
10-10-2010, 05:12 PM

:welcome: to Intercot and thanks for the great tip....We love Cat Cora:cloud9:

dixielandings
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
We also ate at Spoodles for the first time right before we found out that it was closing. Really like it!

We did go to Kouzzina in January - we really enjoyed it. We have already made ressies for this upcoming trip. I wish I could remember the pasta dish I had - it was, in a word...YUMMY! If I remember when we get back, I'll come back and post. It was really good.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
THAT'S why I can't get a single opening for my whole trip at the end of November!!! I've been wondering about that - heck I got Le Cellier and O'hana's but no Kouzzina?? Didn't make sense to me - now it does :D Thanks soooo much for letting me know!! I'll stop trying now!:thumbsup:

Hey, I'll trade you my 11/28 Kouzinna ADR for your Ohana and LeCellier:thedolls:

I know it's not allowed, just kidding:thumbsup: It's just funny because I had no problems getting the Kouzzina but I can't find an opening for Ohana or LeCellier (along with a few others) if my life depended on it.