PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's 2 Trips in 2 Weeks Part 8

Beach Club Babe
10-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry for the delay once again. I think I have finally recovered from pneumonia.

Monday, August 23rd

We are up early enough that we should be able to make it to Epcot in plenty of time for opening, but due to the 1st of many issues we have with the buses, we arrive shortly thereafter. Ron goes on ahead and gets fastpasses for Soarin' and we wait for him outside. We take a ride with Nemo and friends and go watch some fish for a while. We notice some cameras set up around one of the windows, so we venture over there, but they are only there for a feeding. We watch anyway and listen as the CM explains how they do it. Next up is a visit with Figment, followed by a showing of Captain EO. This is a first for all of us, but the only one who likes it is Emily. She repeatedly asks us throughout the trip to see it again, but this is one request we cannot indulge.

It is very hot this morning, so before heading into World Showcase, we take a little refreshment break at Club Cool. Once we are cooled off sufficiently, we make our way into WS and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour first, then take a long slow stroll over to France for our 12:10 ADR at Chefs de France. However, we were a tad bit early and so we visited with Aurora, who was looking rather lonely with no one around. Emily and she had a nice long chat. When we finished, Marie was coming out, so we waited a few minutes for her. This was Hallie's first "real" interaction with a non-face character and I'm not sure what she made of it. She wouldn't take the picture, but she was intrigued. Now it is time for the restaurant to open so we check in and are seated within a minute. This was our first time here and it will not be the last. Everything was wonderful, the staff, the food, and Emily's favorite part, Remy! I was told that he would be out during this time when I made the ADR, but I left it as a surprise for everyone else. When the manager came around with the covered plate offering cheese, I knew what was to come, but both Ron and Emily's faces were priceless! Em was very excited, while Ron, who thought it was amusing, was disappointed he wouldn't get to sample cheese! Remy stayed for a few minutes and posed for pictures before heading off to the other side of the restaurant. This really was rather clever and a great way of keeping kids interest in a restaurant rather suited for adults. As for our meals, the three adults each ordered a 3 course meal. The men each got lobster bisque, while I had the French Onion soup, which oddly enough, Hallie couldn't get enough of! Matt and I both had the Ham and cheese sandwich and the vanilla Creme Brulee, while Ron had the Quiche Lorraine, and I believe the chocolate mousse. Em had a garden salad which she said was nothing more than leaves, so Ron finished that for her and a burger, but I cannot remember her dessert. Once again while we ate, the rains came down again. However, it was nothing like yesterdays rain so we pressed on, still determined not to buy more ponchos. It was time for our fastpasses at Soarin' so off we went. Matt got the rider switch pass this time and took Hallie on Living With The Land, while we rode, then rode with Ron and Em, while I waited. We were really wearing out from the lack of sleep and the late night at MK, so we went back to the room for a nap.

After resting for a while, we decided to go to Animal Kingdom for EMH. First up was the Safari which was a literal walk on. It was not the best safari we've taken, but it was still pretty good. Afterward, we walked over to get fp's for Everest, then walked around trying to decide where to grab a bite. Finally, we settled on Pizzafari and enjoyed 2 cheese pizzas, 1 pepperoni pizza, and one Italian sandwich. Generally, it was shared by everyone. Back in Asia, Everest had apparently been down for a little while, but was now back up with no one in the standby line, so Matt, Em and I rode standby which I had never done before, so seeing the queue was a first for me. The queue had filled in quite nicely behind us, but not to worry for Ron as we still had the fp's and we had gotten a rider switch, which we managed to use, just before the park closed at 8:00. We didn't accomplish too much tonight, but we still had a lot of fun, and we knew we'd be back tomorrow as we had an ADR at Yak and Yeti the next day.

Back to the room we went, and since it was still on the early side, I agreed to take Emily for a swim in the quiet pool nearest us. It was still a bit of a hike, but at least we were cooling off. The pool itself and surrounding area was nice, but I do have a small complaint about it. Emily is 48 inches tall but there was only about a foot of space right by the steps, where she could actually stand, and still was up to her neck. I know this is a convention resort, but there were a number of kids there with the same problem. I think there should be an area that is less than 4 feet deep.

Matt and Ron made the nightly trip to Cafe Rix for me and we were off to bed with visions of another busy day in our head.

RedSoxFan
10-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a great day. Pretty nice that you guys got to meet Remy.

Goofeygal
10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Great trip report!!!

faline
10-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Saving Remy's visit as a surprise was quite fun!

Gald to hear you're feeling better!

princessgirls
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Heather,

So glad you are feeling better. Pneumonia is NO fun...it took me down. Take care of yourself!!!

Your lunch sounds delicious! Remi...what a surprise.

Your whole day sounded wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the report

KylesMom
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
So glad you're feeling better & could resume your reports, Heather. Another busy but good day - glad the rain waited until you were in the restaurant to show itself. Remy sounds amusing to everyone - except Ron, that is! A nice evening at AK, too. Isn't the queue for E:E incredibly detailed? Happy to hear you finally got to experience it! :mickey:

vizsla
10-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
love Remy! Probably the only time that I would welcome a rat to my meal.

DizNee143
10-15-2010, 08:39 PM
another good day!
i love reading your reports!!:mickey: