PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a restaurant for Downtown Disney

andypooh
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Looking for ideas for dinner at DD with DW, DS 4, DS2, and my parents. Thanks.

:mickey:

SBETigg
10-02-2010, 12:48 PM
If your boys are into dinosaurs, they would probably really love T. Rex. It's a Landry restaurant (like Rainforest Cafe) and the food is decent, though not great, and probably overpriced for what you get. The atmosphere is the draw.

If you go early in the evening, before the live music starts, Raglan Road has some really good food in a comfortable Irish pub setting.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe/Dining Room gets great reviews, but I haven't been.

KylesMom
10-02-2010, 02:06 PM
DH, DS (12) and I really enjoyed our meal at T-Rex. A few nice appetizers (Megalosaurus Mozzarella which DS deemed the best he'd ever had plus the Onion Ring Artifact Stack), then DS had a Gigantosaurus Burger, DH had the Tar Pit Fried Shrimp and I had the T-Bone. Not cheap, but we really enjoyed both the atmosphere and the food. The photo ops were great! :mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (not The Dining Room) is a must do for us in DTD. The macadamia nut crusted chicken is amazing! And it's on the dining plan (the Dining Room is not) if you're using it. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-02-2010, 08:17 PM
T-Rex :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Highly recommend Portobella - great food and service. Second choice would be Wolfgang Puck.

disneymom2000
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I have eaten at Wolfgang Pucks and Cap'n Jacks. They both had really good food and service. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have tried Rainforest and Planet Hollywood but they were both crowded, loud and service wasn't the best.:crowd: Cap'n Jacks was actually a little more laid back than Wolfgang Pucks but it might have been the timing.

faline
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Portabello has always been a favorite of mine but I have not been there since it was redone.

big blue and hairy
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Portabello has always been a favorite of mine but I have not been there since it was redone.It's very good....

:sulley: