PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle question

MathemagicLand
10-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I will be joining my friends for a "girls trip" to WDW in just a few weeks. :party: We'll be staying on property, as usual. Here's the tricky part: my friends are staying for 6 nights, but I'll only be joining them for the last 3 nights. Sadly, my teaching schedule doesn't really permit extended trips in the Fall!

I will be staying in the same hotel room as my friends. (I'll be the 4th adult in the room) Is there a way I can take advantage of the ME shuttle so I don't have to fork out $$$ for a cab ride from MCO? Since my room will already be occupied by the other gals, I'm not sure if I'm eligible to take the shuttle!

We haven't yet made the hotel reservations, so I do plan on talking to the Disney agent about this situation, but I was wondering if any of you have come across this situation before.

Thanks!:mickey:
(First post! Loooooong time Intercot "lurker")

MathemagicLand
10-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, I feel pretty silly!:blush: I just called Mears myself, and if ME doesn't work out I can just purchase a 1-way shuttle to the property for $20.

disneymom15
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think you'll have any problem using DME. My understanding is, your party does not need to all arrive at the same time.

Strmchsr
10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
The above is correct. You don't all have to arrive on the same day. You can still use DME. Just be sure to let them know that your flight is different from the rest of the party.

lovinmesomedisney
10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
We had two different rooms, and three different departures on our last trip a couple weeks ago, and didn't have any trouble with ME. If you are staying at a Disney resort, it does not matter that the arrival and departure times are different.