PDA

View Full Version : What did you Lose at Disney?

Disney Doll
10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
We just returned from a week at the world and as I was about to head to the store to restock our bare fridge I realized I left my keys at the resort. I called the main line for Beach Club and was transferred to lost & found for Beach Club & Yacht Club. I gave my room number and a description of my key ring. They called me back within an hour to say that they had my keys and were mailing them out to me today. I was a little bit amazed at the efficiency and it got me thinking. They must come across a lot of lost items to keep a lost & found operation just for two resorts with hours 8am-8pm Mon-Fri. Not to mention the lost and found at each park. So, what have you left behind and did you get it back?

kakn7294
10-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I lost a photo button of my DD in her first year of Color Guard at POP. It was never located. We've also lost a couple of pins along the way.

I thought I left behind my multi-outlet bar at OKW. It turns out that it ended up in my friend's suitcase - she thought it was hers.

I did forget my nightlight at OKW. I didn't bother to call to retrieve it.

Glad to hear that you got your keys back! Those are pretty important!

KatrinaJ91
10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
When my daughter was 6, she had an autograph book with several autographs already obtained and she left it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't realize until later that she didn't have it in her back pack anymore. We tried to retrace our steps, but couldn't find it. We went into the store we had bought it in on Main St and told the CM...who in turn gave her a new autograph book for free! We went on about our trip and about 3 weeks after we were back, a package shows up in the mail from Disney World!! It was her book totally FULL of signatures! It was definitely a wonderful surprise and something my family will never forget!!

MinniesMom
10-01-2010, 08:19 PM
We checked into Poly late one trip. When we got to the room we noticed an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke like someone had just been in there smoking. My daughter has asthma and this was just unacceptable! So I called the Front Desk and was told that a CM would be right over to assist us in changing rooms. About 15 minutes into the new room I noticed that my daughter's shoes were missing. I called the front desk again to explain that I left them in the other room and was told that they had already checked new guests into that room! Since it was close to 11:00 p.m. I didn't want to go knocking on the door so a CM from housekeeping went over to inquire about the shoes. The new guests claimed that her shoes weren't there. Funny, because I distinctly remember putting them down by the bed. Long story short, the shoes were never recovered and we were never offered any other assistance by anyone at POLY to recover them...we had to go out and buy her another pair of shoes! (we did have a pair of sandals with us but it was her sneakers that were left behind.) Not such a great way to start a vacation!

TikiGoddess
10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I left my new iPod nano in the room safe. We called back the same day, after we checked out, but to no avail.

On a brighter note, one time my daughter dropped her favorite stuffed animal at DTD. We searched high and low for it, then went to Guest Relations. They didn't have it, but the gentleman who worked there gave my DD a replacement -- a white seal, and a big swirl lollipop. It was so nice -- DD was quite upset and this made her feel better.

On our way out of DTD, we found her stuffed animal sitting on a sign outside of WoD. Someone had picked him up and put him there in hopes of finding the owner. :)

After losing stuffed animals at other times, I now require them to wear a "if lost please call xxx" tag if they are leaving the hotel room!

Kathy

Nascfan
10-01-2010, 08:38 PM
In '04 lost our daughter's autograph book on Dinosaur. We told a CM about it so they would be aware in hopes they'd be able to retrieve it after shutting down for the night. The next day or day after we went to the lost and found and there it was. Felt better about getting it back.

TikiGoddess
10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
When my daughter was 6, she had an autograph book with several autographs already obtained and she left it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't realize until later that she didn't have it in her back pack anymore. We tried to retrace our steps, but couldn't find it. We went into the store we had bought it in on Main St and told the CM...who in turn gave her a new autograph book for free! We went on about our trip and about 3 weeks after we were back, a package shows up in the mail from Disney World!! It was her book totally FULL of signatures! It was definitely a wonderful surprise and something my family will never forget!!

There is a story about a couple who recently did the same thing for a 9 yr old girl in PA. I heard it on the WDW Today podcast. Here's a link to a video about it:

Autograph Book (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7688556)

IamaDisneyFan
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
A few years ago in Epcot, I lost my brand new cell phone right out of my brand new Mickey holder. My husband went to Lost and Found while I found solace in a :marg: ...
Someone had just turned it in and DH was able to prove that it belonged to us when he called my phone and Hakuna Matata played. Now I check when I get out of every ride! :mickey:

kathiep
10-01-2010, 08:54 PM
My son (7) lost his beloved Yankee baseball hat this past August. Never went a day without wearing it and it was finally broken in the way he wanted.
It was really hot that day and I noticed he was taking it off on and putting beside him some rides to wipe away the sweat. I warned him several times not to do this.
Well - DD and I went to get on the Peoplemover while DH and DS went to Space Mountain. They ended up deciding not to wait in line and boarded Peoplemover shortly after us. Well, I guess DH didn't notice he our son took his hat off. We went from the Peoplemover right to the train to hop over to Adventureland. I noticed sometime during the ride.
I hightailed it right back to the Peoplemover but it had not been found. A nice CM even watched the next few series of cars in the hopes of spotting it. We went right to lost & found at City Hall and still no luck. I even called central lost and found for the next few days but still no luck. I felt so badly for my son. When DH promised to buy him a new one - he said he didn't want to waste his Dad's money for a new one since it was his carelessness! What a wonderful statement from a 7 year old - needless to say - we immediately got a new one.

gerald72
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
My DS5 lost his "blue bunny," actually a moose, on Dinosaur. He forgot it in the storage compartment under the seat. We didn't try to get it back because we didn't notice right away.

Joannelet
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
My cell phone fell out of my pocket while I was in Magic Kingdom one day. We had just ridden haunted mansion when I realized it was gone. I went back and told a cast member at HM and she said that they will do a ride check in a few minutes for it. She told me to wait there....
a few minutes later she came back and told me they didn't see it. She told me to go to City Hall to check.
I did and they didn't have it either but they told me to check back in an hour or so. (it sometimes takes a while to get up to the front of the park)
I went back an hour later and had to give a description of the phone and what was on my screen and they had it!! I was so excited! They told me I had dropped it on It's A Small World! I had no idea. I was so grateful to have it back!

SBETigg
10-01-2010, 09:24 PM
My son lost a hat on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, never to be replaced. And he lost his cell phone on Space Mountain and recovered it at the TTC Lost and Found (which was great- it still worked and was in good condition).

DisneyMom12
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I went for Super Soap Weekend, and lost my camera. It was never found. I was more upset about the pictures then anything else.

JenniferS.
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, I didn't lose anything, but once in Animal Kingdom in the building near the petting zoo (I think it's Rafiki's Planet Watch?) I found a pretty nice camera. We turned it in at the store nearby and we actually saw the people who lost it retrieving it. They just had to show the cm how to turn it on and show pics that looked like them. We told them we turned it in and she thanked us.

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-01-2010, 10:14 PM
My son lost his first tooth at Disney. . .and he really LOST it. Somehwere in 'Ohana we believe. A Cast Member promised that Tink would explain the situation to the Tooth Fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the Tooth Fairy in our hotel room:
"Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost my first tooth. I mean I really lost it! Just ask Tinkerbell."

:tink:

Joannelet
10-01-2010, 10:17 PM
my son lost his first tooth at disney. . .and he really lost it. Somehwere in 'ohana we believe. A cast member promised that tink would explain the situation to the tooth fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the tooth fairy in our hotel room:
"dear tooth fairy,
i lost my first tooth. I mean i really lost it! Just ask tinkerbell."

this is adorable!!!!!!!!!! Love love love it!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-01-2010, 10:37 PM
We've left a few too many things behind at WDW :blush:

On one of our first trips, we left a pink bunny behind, she'd fallen behind the bed. I was devastated, since I'd had the bunny since I was 5! A few weeks later, a package arrives from Disney, and my bunny is inside.

Then, on our last trip, we're checking out, and I think all is good, until we get off the AutoTrain, and realize that I can't find my cellphone. I assume we'd just stuck it into a different bag. However, I had lost it at Disney.

We finally got it back, but it took over a month, and MANY, MANY calls between the resort where it was found, and Lost and Found. It was quite crazy, but it finally came home too!

retiredfigment
10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Years ago, when my DD was about 13, she insisted she take her CD and CD player with her to MK. (13, need I say more). Anyway, she left everything on the bus. Unbelievable, we called transportation and they had found it. It was returned the next day, where it all stayed safely in the room:)

kemps@wdw
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
My DD's (then 5 yrs old) white stuffed kitty "Krystal" which was sent back to us, and my DH's medication, which was not. We were contacted by the resort to let us know they had it, but could not mail it. So, they sent us a stuffed Mickey instead (which was just fine w/ DD). Both times, they were very prompt and courteous. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2010, 11:05 PM
We've lost lots and lots of money. LOL.

My son lost a tooth and was thrilled when Tink, doing tooth fairy duty at WDW, brought him disney dollars instead of regular money.

A few years ago I got a phone call from SSR after a stay there. Turns out I had left everything in the safe when we left, insurance cards, a credit card, and a bunch of other items. They assured me everything was kept in a safe place and they overnighted the items to me. I received them the very next day and everything was there. I don't know how long it would have taken me to realize I'd left it all behind.

I remember once going to guest services for something my son lost, but we can't remember what it was. And I lost a bracelet that was never found on one of our trips.

sainter
10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
We recieved a package in the mail a few MONTHS after our vacation. It was a cord for our video camera -- we didn't even realize we had left it behind! :thumbsup:

We also lost a battery off of the video camera in Space Mountain. My husband said he remembers his foot sort of hitting something on the floor of the ride as he was getting out. Anyway, we went right back to the rde when we realized that must have been it. They told us they would let us know if it was turned in - to come back in a few hours and see. Sure enough, someone had turned it in!! Now we put return address stickers on batteries, camers, ect!

daisyduck
10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I lost my father's high school class ring (class of1928). I was heart broken. Didn't realize I lost it until we returned to our room after a day at Epcot. My father passed away when I was young, he never got to see me graduate from high school, marry, have children etc. I always wear the ring so he is always with me. Well I called lost and found at Epcot they had already sent everything over to the main lost and found by MK. They gave me the number and I called, almost in tears. I described the ring in geat detail and low and behold the CM said you are not going to believe this but I just picked up a ring and the phone rang and it was MINE! I cried tears of joy. I couldn't believe that they were able to find it and someone was so honest and turned it in. I know my father watches over me but that is true proof. :cloud9:

baldburke
10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
We too had a child loose a tooth in 2003. Thankfully the tooth fairy was still able to find us so far away from home!

On our 2006 trip we "lost" our middle child's favorite blanket. She was very disappointed when we got home and it was not in our suitcases. About three weeks later we got a mysterious package from WDW, Mousekeeping had recovered and returned the blanket. We were amazed to say the least!

Gator
10-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I lost my Boston RedSox hat on Splash Mountain. Me and my buddy were coming down the last drop. I held onto my hat the whole way down, but when we hit the water, I let go to cover my glasses so they wouldn't get wet. Well, the hat went flying, and while reaching to grab the hat, water got all over my glasses.

I never saw the hat again, but it was funny to hear the old man behind me say it hit him in the face and he still didn't manage to catch it.

badkitty
10-02-2010, 01:13 AM
A few years ago, my dad lost his small day planner at AK. My dad was so stressed about it. I called the main Lost and Found the next day and they had the book! My dad was thrilled.

Last May, I lost one of my favorite Mickey earrings at AK. I had those earrings since the early 70's. I was heartbroken. I thought I lost it on EE and knew it was gone for good. I was lamenting on the phone to a friend when a CM overheard and told me they always "walk the track" and find all kinds of jewelry. I kept checking at the TTC (there is an awful lot of jewelry lost in WDW!) and on the last day of my trip, they had the earring! (It was actually found on the train platform.) Woo hoo! :thumbsup:

Disneyfun
10-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I lost my DW's driver's license at WDW post 9/11. We were not able to locate it prior to our flight home, which of course created a lot of anxiety and needless searching of our baggage and DW in security! Of course, I was in the dog pound for a good while afterwards!

Thankfully, someone at WDW did find it and it was mailed to us after our return. I definitely do not recommend letting this happen to you though - not fun!

BigRedDad
10-02-2010, 02:43 AM
My DD's first trip we got her a little Yeti. She played with the thing for 2 hours and it was gone.

crltkcagle
10-02-2010, 09:00 AM
We have lost three hats, several pins, one big writing pen, one autograph book and a light up toy. We usually make at least two trips to the Lost and Found on every vacation! LOL

Mousemates
10-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Lost a "Wall Drug" hat on PrimeEvil Whirl (spelling intentional)...just one more reason for me to dislike the ride.

megustamex
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
This isn't actually a lost and found item, but a search and rescue! About 10 years ago my mom was standing on the dock at the Yacht Club waiting for a boat and decided to take her wedding rings off and put on hand lotion! Well those rings went right through the slits in the decking into the water. Disney sent divers down 3 times, halfway through telling us that they just couldn't find it but were still trying. On the 3rd try they found them and my mom was thrilled. They really go above and beyond.

ginny57
10-02-2010, 12:58 PM
A few years back I lost my camera case in Epcot...not a really big deal except that the keys to the rental car were in it and we were leaving from there to go to the airport. In a panic I approached a cast member who made some calls and located my camera case @ lost and found.

On a recent trip with a friend she lost her cell phone and didn't realize it for hours. We made some calls and it was found on a ride in AK and had been sent to the main L&F.

Amazing!

Basket Mommy
10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
We just returned from WDW on Thursday. I know my 6 YO daughter lost a pin off her lanyard - but it was one of the "Year of A Million Dreams" pins from the lanyards we all won a few years back, so no harm done. After unpacking I think my 7 YO son left a shirt at the hotel and my 9 YO son left a pair of shorts, but I honestly don't know where they would've been. I scour the rooms and the washing machine/dryer before we leave. Those clothes were hidden well!

One year we left a black sheet that we had fastened to the crib to keep the light out of our baby's eyes (that baby is the 6 YO who lost her pin!) as well as one of the Mickey pins we had used to fasten it in place.

Last year I unplugged my iPhone from the wall but part of the charger/adapter stayed in the plug and I didn't realize it.

I think that's about it. No, I have never called to get items back (except the sheet, which was not found, which I don't understand. It was attached to a crib and would've been easily noticed!)

I found a stuffed Stitch doll on the ground once and accidentally brought it home with us. I meant to turn it in, but he made his way back with us.

iheartdisney
10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
My son lost his first tooth at Disney. . .and he really LOST it. Somehwere in 'Ohana we believe. A Cast Member promised that Tink would explain the situation to the Tooth Fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the Tooth Fairy in our hotel room:
"Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost my first tooth. I mean I really lost it! Just ask Tinkerbell."

I just LOVE, love, love stories like these!

Disney Doll
10-02-2010, 04:15 PM
This isn't actually a lost and found item, but a search and rescue! About 10 years ago my mom was standing on the dock at the Yacht Club waiting for a boat and decided to take her wedding rings off and put on hand lotion! Well those rings went right through the slits in the decking into the water. Disney sent divers down 3 times, halfway through telling us that they just couldn't find it but were still trying. On the 3rd try they found them and my mom was thrilled. They really go above and beyond.

We witnessed this very thing on the walkway between Beach Club & EPCOT just last week. It wasn't a wedding ring just a silver ring, probably minimal value. I never imagined they would send in divers to help locate something like that. I just assumed anything dropped in the waterway was gone.

jrkcr
10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
DD left her brand new Eeyore backpack(the kind that looks like an animal is riding on your back) at the food court at CSR, and we immediately went back- but it was gone. We asked at the front desk, kept checking back to see if anyone turned it in...but no. She was so heart broken.

faline
10-02-2010, 05:10 PM
We've lost a few things and we've found a few things.

On one of our very first trips, we were camping in Fort Wilderness. I had put my purse (containing cash, credit cards, park tickets and more) on the shelf in front of the mirror in the ladies' room/shower and walked out without it. I was halfway back to our campsite when I realized what I had done. I rushed back in a panic to find it sitting exactly where I had left it - completely intact!! Campers are such great folks!!

On another trip, my husband left a pair of prescription sunglasses in a theater. We thought for sure we'd never see them again but we were able to retrieve them a couple of days later from the Lost and Found at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

We also lost two sweatshirts on one trip. I do not believe they were brought to our room from storage when we checked in. As it was warm and we didn't need them, I didn't realize they were missing until a few days later. They were never located.

On one trip, we found one of those misting bottles that someone had forgotten in a rest room. Turned that in to a cast member. We also found a camera case left under a bench at one of the shoes. Turned that in as well. On our last trip, the day we were checking out of our resort, I found an IPod tucked into the very back of our safe. It didn't belong to either one of us and must have been forgotten by someone who stayed in the room before us. We brought that to the front desk and explained what had happened. I certainly hope that's an item that got reconnected with its owner!

brownie
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
We haven't lost anything, yet.

NewDVCowner
10-03-2010, 12:31 AM
In June I was in Disneyland for a few days and ended up losing my cell phone some time between standing in line for the Matterhorn and standing in line for Big Thunder which was the ride we went to right after. I went back to the Matterhorn, sure that it must have fallen out in the seat, but they hadn't found it. They recommended I go to City Hall and see if they had it, nope. I went back later in the day, still nope. I filed a report with lost and found and checked back in with them for the next two days before we left, even delaying our drive back to wait until they opened to see if anything had turned up. The phone was gone. I was bummed. So, as we're driving through LA traffic I use my Mom's phone to call to order a new one. Less than a half hour later I get a call from Disney to say they had found my phone and were mailing it back to me at no charge. It really made my day!

AgentP
10-03-2010, 05:11 AM
When I was 4 years old, I lost my favorite baby doll in our hotel room. I was devastated. Then, about a week later, she showed up in my mail box. I have been a huge disney fan ever since:tink:

stephntampa
10-03-2010, 08:45 AM
We had gone to Ohanas for breakfast one morning, and purchased the picture taken with LIlo and Stitch. We were staying at CR and took the monorail back to our room, and the picture packet was left on the monorail. We waited for all the trains to come back through CR so we could look for the packet, but to no avail. Flash forward a week or so later and lo and behold the pics were in my mailbox. I had used my KTTW card to purchase the pics, so Disney was able to trace me through a code on the back of the pictures and promptly returned them to us. Needless to say I was thrilled and quite impressed that Disney put the effort into returning the pictures!

princessjojo
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
My DH had a ball cap, tried and true, and his favorite Durham Bulls cap, well broken it. He took it off on EE just before we took off. When he realized he had left it, we were walking out of the shop at the end of the ride. We immediately turned around to get it and the cast members said they would look in the cars as they pasted and if it turned up in the next short time, it would be at the counter, otherwise at lost and found. We called for about 2 days to no avail. We've since replaced it, but for whatever reason, there's nothing like the originals.

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 02:26 PM
We once lost our DDs' autograph books. We put them under the flap of the AK stroller we rented and totally forgot about them. I think we'd gotten 3 signatures up to that point. Stupidly, we had not filled out the info in the front with our names and addresses. :blush: So, even though they tried to find them based upon my description of the books and the first few autographs, no luck. :( I have never made that mistake again! Now I fill in our names, addresses, and hotel first thing.

DH once lost his cell phone on POTC. Thankfully, we realized it right away and went right back. They found it quickly. :)

And, on the same trip we lost the autograph books on we found someone's camera under that same flap the next day that we went to AK and rented another stroller. DH looked just on the off chance someone did the same thing we did - and they had! I'm sure those people were sick until they got it back. Like someone else said, it would be more upsetting to lose the memories than the camera itself. :(

tazlikesrobots
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I lost my will to return to work. But promptly found it when I realized that I need money for the next Disney vacation :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
On one trip my DD lost her pink witch hat during MNSSHP. We realized where we left it & went back. It was gone, no one returned it. My DD was very upset.

Another trip, DD hung her fanny pack with a disposable camera and fan it a bathroom stall in Downtown Disney. Again, we called the Lost & Found for weeks. It never was turned in.

I guess people don't like doing the right thing and keep things that aren't theirs! :(

brivers222
10-04-2010, 11:58 AM
back in 2006 I lost two things....

One of them was a walmat Misting fan ($4.99) that I placed in the pocket of EE... ride was so awesome (back when the yeti was a working yeti lol) that I totally forgot i put it in there... never to be seen again.

the other one was my digital camera at the CS in SSR. I must have placed it down while getting some food and didn't even realize it until later in the day when we went to go to Epcot... I placed my Drivers License and key to the world card in there for some unknown reason.

Well i freaked out, called SSR and much to my disbelief someone found it and turned it in.... all i had to do was go and pick it up!!

so 1 for 2 isn't that bad, when the lost item was $4.99 :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I lost my will to return to work. But promptly found it when I realized that I need money for the next Disney vacation :mickey:

Too true!!

#1donaldfan
10-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Our DS left his sunglasses and hat on Primevil Whirl back in '05 ..... the ride had broken down and we had to walk down off the ride on the catwalk...(pretty cool:party:).....once down and realizing our mistake we went back to no avail. We contacted lost n found and gave a good description of the items and when / where lost......a couple of months later we received a package in the mail with the hat, no glasses.....I thought that was pretty nice as 50 % of the lost items were found .... !!:cool:

badkitty
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM

LOL! Perfect! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
My baseball hat flew off on Primevel Whirl and landed on the roof of the load/unload building. I was told to come back the next morning to get it. I just bought myself a new one and didn't bother.

Carolanne
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Back in the day, I used to get very careless when in WDW. I've lost a camera, a bag of souvenirs in an MK ladies room, a bag of souvenirs on the Haunted Mansion...*SIGH*

Park to Resort delivery has since become my BFF :D Anything I buy in the parks is now sent back to my resort. I don't carry any bags, not even a purse, into the parks. I know my limits, lol.

A Big Kid
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
MY favorite pillow at the CBR.

When I was a kid (maybe 6-7), we were driving to Florida. We stopped at a restaraunt and I left an onion ring toy. :(

It was one of a series of rubbery bendable toys put out by Dairy Queen and it was shaped like an onion ring. We were about 1/2 mile down the road when I realised it and there was no way my parents were gonna turn around and get it. I think I cried for at least 10 miles.

fernsmommy
10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
When we went in May this year, my baby girl had just started walking really good so I had to buy her some new shoes as the other ones I brought she couldn't really walk in them. We went to DHS the next day and as we were settling down for lunch I noticed she only had one on. So my DH being the wonderful man that he is, retraced our steps and couldn't find it. He went to guest relations and was told to check back before we left the park that evening. It wasn't really too big a deal because they only cost $3 but they were the only shoes we had that she could walk in real easy. We checked before we left and there it was!

vallerii
10-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I remember years ago losing a small stuffed pound puppy (remember when those were popular?) I think a maid picked it up with blankets.

I loooooved that thing, so I was pretty devastated. Never did find it or get it back.

Knowing my parents, I'm guessing we made a visit to some stuffed disney gift shop.

tinka
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
First day of our trip 3 years ago, my husband lost his hat and sunglasses on the very first ride we went on...Splash Mountain. We didn't contact anyone, figured it was lost for good...although reading these posts makes me think we should have checked!

ToraTory
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I continue to lose a bit of my heart each and every time I have to leave, but fortunately I always seem to find it when I return :mickey:

iheartdisney
10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I continue to lose a bit of my heart each and every time I have to leave, but fortunately I always seem to find it when I return :mickey:

Awwwww - I love this!

Disney Doll
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
..... the ride had broken down and we had to walk down off the ride on the catwalk...(pretty cool:party:).....

Spoken like a true fan!! How many people are bummed when a ride breaks down? Not us, we're jumping at the chance to see behind the scenes so to speak. :)

tink'72
10-06-2010, 04:43 PM
A few years ago my dear daugher had purchased a new Tinkerbelle visor and of course no sooner lost it. Well, we called the lost and found number and said they would keep an eye out for it. About a month later a package arrived and it was in fact her Tinkerbelle visor! A little beat up but it was hers. I thought that was kind of cool!

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I lost my Boston RedSox hat on Splash Mountain. Me and my buddy were coming down the last drop. I held onto my hat the whole way down, but when we hit the water, I let go to cover my glasses so they wouldn't get wet. Well, the hat went flying, and while reaching to grab the hat, water got all over my glasses.

I never saw the hat again, but it was funny to hear the old man behind me say it hit him in the face and he still didn't manage to catch it.

A Yankee fan probably trashed it...

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Someone stole our DD's BFF's lanyard to include her KTTWC. This happened at Crystal Palace. The jerks used it to pay for their meal..:mad:

DS lost one of his BMX hats one year. We contacted Lost and Found and they had it at the TTC.

Pennsylvania Dad
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM
This past Monday morning I lost my favorite beat up old baseball hat while riding Big Thunder Mountain. I saw it land on the tracks behind me and figured it was gone forever. Oh well.

After the ride, I asked one of the cast members what the chances were of me ever seeing it again. She said that they walk the tracks each night and maybe it would be picked up. She said I should check back Tuesday.

On Monday evening, I rode BTM again and asked if anyone had found my hat. No, but the CM said that they had had some down-time in the afternoon and did a track check. She suggested I check at the Splash Mountain picture buying area (apparently that is the lost and found for BTM). I went there and asked but my hat wasn't there. Oh well. The CM said I might check with City Hall as that's where they send the items they find.

As I was leaving the park at about 9:00 I walked into City Hall and asked. The CM went in the back and returned with my hat!

It is a little more beat up now (with some nice new black marks where it was run over) but it still works and it's still my favorite hat.

My kids really got a kick out of it when they saw it. Great way to end our day and our vacation.

Hull-onian
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
We were staying at Carribean Beach Resort, that day we were going to Typhoon Lagoon. I discovered I lost all my park passes and and credit card. I was distraught. I canceled the credit card, and got all new park passes. Went back to my room, looked (again) under the bed, sure enough, there they were all intacked. Boy, was my face :-o.

Mogie
10-12-2010, 04:49 PM
My GF lost her Cell Phone on the Harry Potter ride in Islands of Adventure. Even though they said any loose lost items will not be returned, the lost and found was very helpful. They sorted through and found her phone within 3 days, and she had it mailed home for free within a week. As helpful as Universal was, I can only imagine how much MORE helpful Disney must be.

4myprincesses
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
This September, my oldest daughter (9) left her pin lanyard in one of the mesh bags on Big Thunder. As soon as she realized she had left it we went back to retrieve it, but they didn't have it. We check City Hall on our way out and called the park lost and found every day for the next week. We never did locate it. You hate to think that someone would just keep a set of pins that means nothing but memories to a little girl. The cast members were nothing but helpful, don't get me wrong, and even took our number in case it turned up. Somewhere, someone has a lanyard with pins so sentimental that some were super glued shut :( She's my one that just doesn't like to trade. Why give away a pin she got from her Aunt or that she did trade for because she liked it. She loved having her pins, but wasn't about to get rid of any of them, lol!

nfrustaci
10-12-2010, 11:24 PM
I never lost anything but i did find a gentlemans wallet on triceratop in animal kingdom. i walked the wallet all the way to guest services at the front of the park to ensure that it got there in a timely manner. when i got to guest services i recognized the gentleman that had lost the wallet. i was on line waiting to give the wallet to the CM when i heard him telling his story about being on the ride and losing it when i said to him is your name Charles _____ and he said yes and i said this is your lucky day!!! he was so pleased because his wife had told him to hold their 10 day park tickets for their family of 6 that they had just purchased and she said don't lose your wallet honey. i laughed and said that i wouldn't tell on him. and then i wished him a wonderful vacation. that was a great trip as all of our 10 trips in 10 years have been. will be there in Nov. hope i dont loose anything

Kaps
10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
My son lost his lanyard with about 15 pins he bought when he took a picture in front of the MK. We called lost and found and they did have one there but not his. They said it ahd been there a while so they gave it to him. Only two pins on it so he was happy but upset that he lost all his pins. The CM at the store in PORS saw that my son was upset and gave him a bag with about 15 cast member pins which made his day and is still one of the best experiences I have had in Disney. Cast members there do make the difference

gmgdisneymom
10-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I left a gold watch in the safe. i called but it was gone

pooh's pal eeyore
10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
In Dec 2006, we stayed at the GF. While there, my spouse, son and daughter all got a stomach virus. On the day to go home, I got it. I am the packer and laid my kids two lanyards with about 25 pins each with the luggage. However, my husband didn't see them and left them on the bed. We were home when we realized. I called the lost and found to no avail. Then about 2 weeks later, I got a phone call. The mousekeeping supervisor for our buliding had found the lanyards, locked them in her office, and had been on vacation. They shipped the lanyards to our home and even added two pins for the kids. Needless to say, they got a great big thank you note and I included a picture of the kids with their lanyards.:mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
10-13-2010, 04:38 PM
My DH usually wears a baseball hat, espicially at Disney. Well sure enough, he took off his hat and put it in the mesh bag on Space Mountain. As soon as we got off the ride and outside, I noticed his hair was really flat. I asked if he remembered to grab his hat. He realized he forgot it. We immediately saw the CM at the fastpass entrance to see if there was a way to locate his hat. She went to a phone and called up to the ride. I told her we just got off, which side of the track we loaded on, and which seat/car he was in. Sure enough, they called back down within 3 minutes and they had his hat! They let us walk up the fast pass entrance to get it. We were even good honest people and retrieved his hat then proceded to the exit. It was our anniversary, so I was happy that things worked out so well! :D

Belle619
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I lost my watch in our hotel room a few trips back. The Yacht Club was excellet at keeping me updated on their search, but unfortunately, it was never found.

azcavalier
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I lost my Titleist/Mickey Mouse Golf hat this last trip. I have no idea where I lost it. I always check our tables at restaurants when we leave, and I never take it off outside. I could have left it on a ride, but I would have realized it soon after, I think. Just one morning when we were getting ready to go out to the parks, I couldn't find it!

My DD5 loves Marie. She has around 10 Marie stuffed animals. She has lost it three times at WDW. Once she left it at the monorail station by Chef Mickey's. We realized it once on the train, and rode it back around. The attendant there had it, so that was quickly resolved. Another time she had left it in a bathroom. My DW went back for it later and asked a nearby cast member. She responded, "Does it look like a little gray elephant?" It was very gray, as it has been much loved. Sure enough, that was it, and someone had turned it in.

This last trip, we couldn't find it, but we knew that it was in the room last time we saw it. We thought that maybe it had been wrapped up in the sheets and removed with the laundry. We asked the Concierge if they had a lost and found, and they said it wouldn't have covered that, and if it had been taken with the laundry, it was gone forever. They said that if we would buy another one, they would reimburse us. We wound up finding it *under* a suitcase, so we didn't take them up on it. But I thought that was awesome.

DVC2004
10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
My husband left his camera on top of a fast pass kiosk, and his cigars and humidor in our hotel room. Both were found and returned to us. My son lost his gameboy in the room and it was found and returned to us after checkout. I lost my annual pass- wasn't found but they replaced it. Happy endings in all cases.

DisneyBarb
10-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Last year as I was sitting on the plane leaving MCO I realized I left my bathing suit hanging in the bathroom.. I had just bought it and it wasn't cheap...Called the Poly the next day, they shipped it to my house for free along with my sons bathing suit and daughters blanket I had not realized we left behind! Great service!

Iluvpooh
10-16-2010, 11:05 PM
I left my new iPod nano in the room safe. We called back the same day, after we checked out, but to no avail.

On a brighter note, one time my daughter dropped her favorite stuffed animal at DTD. We searched high and low for it, then went to Guest Relations. They didn't have it, but the gentleman who worked there gave my DD a replacement -- a white seal, and a big swirl lollipop. It was so nice -- DD was quite upset and this made her feel better.

On our way out of DTD, we found her stuffed animal sitting on a sign outside of WoD. Someone had picked him up and put him there in hopes of finding the owner. :)

After losing stuffed animals at other times, I now require them to wear a "if lost please call xxx" tag if they are leaving the hotel room!

Kathy
If you left that nano at OKW 2 years ago-I returned it. :blush: That would be a huge coincidence.
I lost a white gold cinderella's carriage pendant. And before I get flamed about how this has never happened to you and I might have misplaced it yadda-yadda. I'm pretty sure our mousekeeper took it or threw it away by accident. It was on the nightstand when we left for the park and not there when we returned. It's that simple. and no we never got it back.

We did lose a new Lumpy last year that my daughter had pinned a button to that we later saw another little girl with at Cosmic Rays. We didn't say anything. Pretty sure the little girl found it on the ground and her parents told her she could keep it. It was wrong, but I didn't want to upset her by taking it from her. We had already bought my DD a new one.

hokies4life
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Let's see. On one trip a couple years ago with my mom we had gotten massages at the spa, and when they called me in I realized I still had my watch, ring and necklace on so I took them off and put them in the pocket of my robe. Needless to say I forgot they were there and when I was done, changed and put the robe in the laundry. When we were at OKW for lunch I realized I didn't have them and got very upset. The watch had been a christmas gift from my fiancés parents, the ring a gift from my fiancé, and the necklace was my greek letter lavalier. After many many phone calls they were able to find it before the robes were taken to the laundry. :) I was so worried over it until they found them I couldn't even eat!

That same trip we were doing a split stay between CSR and FW, and when checking out of CSR I realized I left my cellphone. We told housekeeping and the manager at the front desk but no one had turned it in yet. I don't remember quite how long it took to get it back, but I know I got it before we left to go home, so that was a happy ending too. :)

darthmacho
10-18-2010, 04:32 PM
On our honeymoon in 1998, DW lost an earring that she was wearing that had special meaning. When we were first dating back when we were teens, my left ear was peirced, so as a sign of our budding relationship, I traded my gold cross earring for the gold stud she had in hers. I know, corny right?

Well fast forward to our honeymoon at WDW, and she discovered that it had gone missing on the way to the luau. She was pretty broken up about it until I told her that it was symbolic of a brand new start, and that it couldn't be any more fitting than on our honeymoon, and there couldn't be a better place to leave a symbol of our new adventure than WDW. :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello all, first post and I look forward to future postings!!

I just got back from WDW as we stayed at AKKV. On our 3rd night of a 12 day trip, I was at MK stroller rentals as we had to rent a locker to hold our belongings for the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. There is a $12.00 charge for the locker rental and I placed my credit/ debit card down for payment. When I returned to the stroller/ locker rental desk, they asked for my card back to refund $5.00. When the transaction was complete, they gave me back my receipt and I unknowingly walked off with out my credit card.
Throughout the next 3 days I would call MK, AKKV front desk, and Palm Golf Course as I had no idea what happened to it or where I left it. I got a call 3 days later that i could pick up my card at the Transportation center lost and found. What a relief!! Thank you Disney!!

brivers222
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I lost my marbles but someone found them and returned them to me!

I once left a toaster in the room (yeah i know now that you aren't supposed to bring them into the rooms for fire hazard...although i feel curling irons pose more of an issue) but It was older and of the walmart variety so it was super inexpenseive... I just left it there as we checked out of the ASM in hopes maybe another guest could use it....

About 2 weeks later i get a package from WDW resorts... seems they packed it up and shipped it to me, free of charge... i have since tossed it, but its a funny story

jnfr2424
10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I lost a gold hoop earring at Typhoon Lagoon and as fate would have it I went up to a cast member and told him I lost my earring showed him the one I had and he actually had the one I lost in his hand! Someone had just turned it in as well! I think that moment solidify that Disney was truly the BEST place on Earth!:cloud9:

disney323
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I lost one of my earrings while in Magic Kingdom last week. Luckily it wasn't an expensive pair, but I was still bummed out because it was a comfortable pair I wore everyday! I never bothered to check for it in any lost and found.

Magic Smiles
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
On our first visit is 2000, DS left his Nintendo Game Boy in the night table drawer. We never realized until we were on the plane going home. When we got home, I called the resort and sure enough they checked and had it. Disney shipped it to us by courier, no charge to us. We now never put anything in the night stand drawers.
Since then we had a photo that we had forgotten to pick up. Disney shipped that to us also, no charge.
Great service.

Kathy Jetson
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
We were there 10/16-10/24. I left my sons potc shirt on the monorail on the way to Chef Mickeys. The next day I called lost and found and some nice person had turned it in. Ds7 just got into pins this year. I bought him some cheap ones on ebay to trade. One night at Mk he had just traded his last ones (he only had 6) and wanted to keep all the ones he had well he lost 3 of them soon after trading them. We checked lost and found but no one turned them in. The nice cm who worked there felt sorry for him and gave him 2 new ones!

RAIDER
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
i lost all my stress :D

mickeymousedabomb
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
The very first time my girls and I visited WDW, we went with my parents and Gramma from Florida and my Dad had set the camera down in Fantasyland on a garbage can. About after 45 min of realizing this he returned and there it was, right where he left it! Then in in 2006, we flew to disney through liberty travel and they give you this black leather wallet looking thing to hold all tickets and info and I also put all our keys to the world along with printed out ADR's and on the first day and within the first hour I had lost it! I retraced myself to no avail. I believe it was like the next day but late afternoon at the TTC lost and found that I retrieved it! Thank god! All we had to replace was our keys to the world and the CM printed out all ADR's for us. And then on our last trip in 2009, I lost a camera on our first park day and it was never found and we had to buy throw away ones for two days and then when my girlfriend and her family arrived, we borrowed one of their cameras and just bought a SD card. So overall I think our expierences have been great. And I think it's wonderful how you can just leave your stroller out while on a ride and it is there and in tackt when you get off.:thumbsup:

captain j
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
While on a Disney cruise, my wife was in the bathroom at Castaway Key. She set her camera down to wash/dry her hands. She walked out leaving here camera behind. About an hour later she realized her mistake and went back to the bathroom...no camera. She went to lost and found...again no camera. We went to the lost and found on the ship and still no camera. Since Castaway Key is a private island, someone from the cruise took her camera. :mad: I hope they enjoyed the photos we took of our family on the cruise.

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
My grown-up restraints! :D

iheartdisney
11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
While on a Disney cruise, my wife was in the bathroom at Castaway Key. She set her camera down to wash/dry her hands. She walked out leaving here camera behind. About an hour later she realized her mistake and went back to the bathroom...no camera. She went to lost and found...again no camera. We went to the lost and found on the ship and still no camera. Since Castaway Key is a private island, someone from the cruise took her camera. :mad: I hope they enjoyed the photos we took of our family on the cruise.

A similar thing happened to us on our recent trip to WDW. My 6 yr. old son was so excited to be using his very own (disposable) camera. He was so proud of it, he wrote his name on the cardboard cover in his adorable 6yr. old handwriting. He left it on Barnstormer. Within minutes, he realized his mistake and we raced back to see if it had been retrieved and turned in. No such luck. We called Lost and Found every day for 5 days, hoping someone had turned it in. Again, no such luck. Obviously a child's camera, I hope the person that found it has enjoyed its use and the pictures he took on our very first day in the park. :(

Wolf
06-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I know I'm like 2 years late on this post but reading it really brightened my dreary Monday morning, I don't think I've ever lost anything in WDW itself but in MCO a few trips ago I was going through bag check and took off my belt, I forgot I had my camera on my belt and it fell off without me realizing it, I went through bag check and got to the other side and pulled my stuff off to the bench to put everything back on and panicked when I realized, the line was insane long and we were already pushing it on getting to our gate in time, I was almost in tears because it was our entire trips worth of pictures on that camera, there was a woman who came through behind me who walked up while I was amidst my panic and she tapped my shoulder and had my camera, she had noticed it fall but we had gotten seperated by TSA people so she put it in her bin and came through with it for me, I burst into tears when she gave it to me, I thanked her, alot, but still don't think that lady has any idea what she did for me.

Dulcee
06-10-2013, 12:39 PM
When I was very young (4 or 5) I left my stuffed animal behind, and it wasn't just any stuffed animal, it was THE stuffed animal. A stuffed pig whom I still have. According to my mother it was at the Poly.

In a frantic pay phone call off the highway (yeah this was quite some time ago) the staff at Poly found her and promised to send her home for us.

When we arrived home (driving all the way back to NJ without her, during which time I've been told I was not a happy child) she was waiting for us. They had packaged her up along with a small stuffed Mickey and a note saying they sent a friend so she wouldn't be lonely on the trip back home.

According to Mom I was quite the ecstatic child when we arrived home to that package.

cer
06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I know I'm like 2 years late on this post but reading it really brightened my dreary Monday morning, I don't think I've ever lost anything in WDW itself but in MCO a few trips ago I was going through bag check and took off my belt, I forgot I had my camera on my belt and it fell off without me realizing it, I went through bag check and got to the other side and pulled my stuff off to the bench to put everything back on and panicked when I realized, the line was insane long and we were already pushing it on getting to our gate in time, I was almost in tears because it was our entire trips worth of pictures on that camera, there was a woman who came through behind me who walked up while I was amidst my panic and she tapped my shoulder and had my camera, she had noticed it fall but we had gotten seperated by TSA people so she put it in her bin and came through with it for me, I burst into tears when she gave it to me, I thanked her, alot, but still don't think that lady has any idea what she did for me.

Great, great story!

DonaldDuckUSA
06-10-2013, 01:55 PM
The very first time we rode Splash Mountain (I was probably six or seven years old) my father did not heed the warnings and didn't take off his beloved Miami Hurricanes baseball cap.

At the drop it went flying off his head (of course). Luckily, it landed in the back row of the log and it was passed forward to my dad. He passed away a few years ago, and while I think about our first experience on SM a lot, I totally forgot this detail until JUST NOW! Thank you!

ANG
06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
This post gives me great memory.

DS1 was almost 2yr olds and he threw one of his shoes off the monorail! The doors were closing and he just whipped that shoe off and out it went. I was so upset at the time because it was the only pair we brought for him! We went back but it was already gone. We had to buy him a pair of Disney crocs for $$$

Mary Poppins fan
06-10-2013, 04:23 PM
We were just talking about this yesterday! When one of my DDs (now 12) was about five, she went into one of the bathrooms at MK. Being a "big girl" she went into the stall by herself and when the automatic toilet flushed she turned around to look, her sunglasses fell off, and "whoosh" down the toilet they went!

mom2morgan
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
My daughter left a brand new souvenir hat in a movie theatre - remembered it within 5 minutes of leaving, but it was already gone. It was a slow night at the theatre was virtually empty, so we always kind of wondered if it was a cast member that grabbed it. Left a rather sour taste. BUT I went back to the Emporium and got her a new one, so at least it wasn't anything "irreplaceable"!

Wolf
06-11-2013, 09:39 AM
When I was very young (4 or 5) I left my stuffed animal behind, and it wasn't just any stuffed animal, it was THE stuffed animal. A stuffed pig whom I still have. According to my mother it was at the Poly.

In a frantic pay phone call off the highway (yeah this was quite some time ago) the staff at Poly found her and promised to send her home for us.

When we arrived home (driving all the way back to NJ without her, during which time I've been told I was not a happy child) she was waiting for us. They had packaged her up along with a small stuffed Mickey and a note saying they sent a friend so she wouldn't be lonely on the trip back home.

According to Mom I was quite the ecstatic child when we arrived home to that package.

This is awesome, I was cleaning my apt yesterday and picked up my stuffed bunny from when I was very small, his name as far as I can remember has been "pantless bunny" because he just has on a old beat up shirt on and I still can't let him go, hes too important!

DisneyEpcotDad
06-14-2013, 04:51 PM
On the first family trip in 1991, I lost my park hopper ticket after only using it in Epcot and at Hollywood Studios (then MGM Studios). Never got it back. I think I've been lucky ever since then to not lose anything else!

mom2ryandy
06-29-2013, 11:32 AM
In 2004 my then dinosaur loving 4 year old got a dinosaur water pistol inside a happy meal at Restaurantosaurus. Of all the souvenirs we picked up on that trip, he treasured this one. He accidently left it on the Mears bus (pre Magical Express) back to the airport. We watched the bus pull away and gathered our things to check and discovered it was missing. What wasn't missing were his tears. :( My husband called Mears and asked if they could send it to us if found. That's how attached my son was. As i tried to calm him down and say that we can get another one, the bus pulled back up and the driver came out to give the toy back to my son. Magic.

In 2006 my then 6 year old (same son) was on Barnstormer with his dad. Toward the end of the ride, as he took his hat and sunglasses out of the compartment on the ride, his favorite sunglasses went flying into the bushes. We spoke with a cast member close with the ride and she assured us they would find it at park closing and leave it at lost and found for us to pick up the next day. Unfortunately, this was our departure day. She then got hold of a picker and rode the ride so she could pick the sunglasses out of the bushes on the way around. More magic.

In August 2010, we had another Disney vacation. My 17 year old Star Wars fanatic son, (older brother to the then 10 year old and also Star Wars fanatic) were thrilled to be going to Last Tour To Endor. He had his own camera and took photo after photo after photo! So many that his sd card filled up and we purchased another. I asked him to make sure his first card was secure. He thought it was. -sigh- When we got back to our room, the sd card was nowhere to be found. :( There were multiple places it could have been lost.
We spoke with lost and found for days. Tried to give a description of a half inch by half inch square that could have been anywhere. We went to lost and found in person too to ask if any memory cards were handed in. Nope... at least not his.
It still breaks my heart to this day.

vamaggie
06-29-2013, 06:41 PM
This post gives me great memory.

DS1 was almost 2yr olds and he threw one of his shoes off the monorail! The doors were closing and he just whipped that shoe off and out it went. I was so upset at the time because it was the only pair we brought for him! We went back but it was already gone. We had to buy him a pair of Disney crocs for $$$

And I'm sure he loved those crocs more than his regular old shoes! Amazing how they seem to get what they want:thumbsup:

thejens
07-01-2013, 12:21 AM
At the Poly with my family and sister and niece, as we were unloading car my sister tossed nieces pillow and VERY special, loved and bedraggled, stuffed animal (Sesame Street's Harry Monster) onto the luggage rack as the porters/cast members were taking them away. Since it was not numbered on the ticket it did not arrive at our room. We were too tired to notice till morning. My sister kept going to the front desk to check, but they never found beloved Harry Monster or pillow. Very upsetting to niece and sister even though WDW provided a wonderful stuffed Mickey to cheer them up. Unfortunately, a stuffed animal you have slept with since you were an infant cannot be replaced. :(

Can't fault WDW one bit, but still an upsetting loss.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-01-2013, 09:27 AM
My grown-up restraints! :D
Had to smile when I read this :mickey:

And I'm sure he loved those crocs more than his regular old shoes! Amazing how they seem to get what they want:thumbsup:
Don't they :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Love it when old threads get resurrected. Just read the initial post and thought OMG I also lost my keys at the Beach Club, how funny! And then I realized I started this thread. :blush:

Mrs Bus Driver
07-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Love it when old threads get resurrected. Just read the initial post and thought OMG I also lost my keys at the Beach Club, how funny! And then I realized I started this thread. :blush:

Maybe its time to bring back the jorts thread. Its been about a year since I last read it time to do it again. :thedolls:

DisneyBarb
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I left my bathing suit hanging in shower and did not realize until we were at airport. Called poly housekeeping the next day and they shipped it home along with a kids blanket and shorts we forgot also. It didnt cost us a penny!

faberj
07-12-2013, 10:14 PM
DS's favorite blanket got mixed up with the sheets at AoA Lion King suite. I thought we would never see it again and my DS 2 was balling his eyes out. They had it back to us the next day (cleaned too)!
I was very impressed! :mickey:

jillluvsdisney
07-13-2013, 01:05 PM
In 2012, I stayed at CBR. When were at MCO returning the rental car, I realized I had left my jacket hanging up in the room. Called Disney from MCO and was told that mousekeeping had cleaned the room and it was turned in to lost and found. It was mailed back to me at home.:number1:

hauntedmansiongirl
07-14-2013, 06:47 AM
This past April my DH lost his prescription Maui Jim sunglasses on Space Mountain. We thought that there was no way we would get them back. 3 days later we went to the MK Lost & Found beside The Poly and asked for them. At first the guard said that there was no way someone would have turned them in. Well, he checked anyway and lo and behold, he found them. They had a note attached that said "April 9, 2013- found at the bottom of Space Mountain." We were very impressed- and so thankful!

:coaster:

princess pink
07-18-2013, 08:28 PM
I will never forget losing my backpack that contained my purse, cash ($300), cellphone, and my husband's wallet. I left the backpack on the back of my husband's wheelchair. We left to go the hotel, and realized along the way that we were missing pretty much everything we traveled with. We returned to Disney, went to lost and found. They not only located the backpack - but everything was present and accounted for! I was very impressed with their system - I thought the cash, credit card, and cell phone would have been gone for sure. It was wonderful knowing that people are still honest and helpful.

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I LOST BEING A GROWN UP! Well at least for those wonderful days when we are there!!! :mickey:

We LOVE Disney
08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
DS's favorite blanket got mixed up with the sheets at AoA Lion King suite. I thought we would never see it again and my DS 2 was balling his eyes out. They had it back to us the next day (cleaned too)!
I was very impressed! :mickey:

My daughter's VERY FAVORITE stuffed dog got mixed up in the bedding at Poly the day we left. We couldn't find it to save our lives but had to go because we had a plane to catch. I thought it's no big deal, they will find it and ship it back to us. NOPE! I called for 3 weeks going back and forth with people at WDW and the Poly and Mousekeeping but it was never found. She was SO SO SO upset and cried hard for a long time! My heart broke for her (she kept saying "there's a hole in my heart" :( ). I was so upset because I thought FOR SURE they would return it but it, apparently, was never found. Must've come alive, got out of the blankets and walked right out of the room when they weren't looking I guess :confused: