PDA

View Full Version : Flying through Denver in January

Gator
10-01-2010, 05:54 PM
For those of you who fly through Denver, do they have a lot of winter problems? I've always flown AA or Continental so we could connect in Dallas or Houston - where weather isn't an issue for planes. I found some good fares on Frontier, but they go through Denver which worries me a little. However, I think it's better than having to herd into a Southwest plane. Thanks for the help. As always :rocks:

Fangorn
10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Short of a major winter storm hitting the day you're flying, Denver is rarely a problem. They are well prepared for snow and at any given time probably have more snow removal equipment on the airport grounds than they do airplanes. It takes an awful lot to seriously affect Denver. Getting to and from the airport can be an adventure, but if you're just passing through, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Steve

Zippy 1
10-02-2010, 12:34 AM
We usually only have a couple of storms a winter that effect travel at DIA. They are very well prepared for weather. If you need to leave the airport and it is snowy it can be a challenge. We fly out of Denver almost every January and have only had a problem once. Enjoy your trip:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Who knows? It could be 60 degrees and sunny, or we could have a blizzard dumping 2 feet of snow on the ground. But it's generally a pretty good bet. And since you're connecting, if you can get into the airport you have a pretty good chance of getting out.

If it's any consolation, I've had more problems with Dallas than I've ever had in leaving Denver in the winter (last time was in the summer, too).