PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find gelato in the world?

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I thought I remember gelato listed somewhere....

I'd like to get some on our next trip - in 14 days by the way - and I'd just like to grab some gelato and go about my merry way.

Anyone know where I can get some?

MNNHFLTX
10-01-2010, 02:55 PM
The only place I know of is at the Italy pavilion at Epcot, in the Tutto Italia restaurant. I would think the new pizzeria place, Via Napoli, would have it too. But I can't recall any counter-service restaurants or kiosks that sell it.

Strmchsr
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I know you can get it in Italy at World Showcase. Not sure about anywhere else.

SBETigg
10-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a gelato kiosk somewhere, probably Italy or near Italy in WS, or I'm totally placing one there that does not exist (I've done that, it's possible). I could be thinking of the Boardwalk. They serve gelato with some desserts, or as a dessert option itself, at Kouzzina.

I did a little search, and yes, there is a Gelato Cart in WS Italy. So you can get gelato without having to dine at a TS restaurant.

January-2007
10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
They serve gelato at the Beach Club Marketplace. We've stayed there and gotten it before, it's very grab and go-able.

kathiep
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
They have gelato at Cafe Rix at CSR. A small one counts as a snack option. We tried it 2 years ago and it was really good! :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2010, 10:47 PM
As you face the Italy pavilion in WS look near the end of the building on the left on the WS walkway. There is a cart there, looks like a donkey cart. Serves fabulous gelato.

pox24
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
There is a Gelato kiosk at the Food and Wine Festival. DW and I had two on Sat night.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
THANK YOU!!!! My gelato dreams will come true on this trip!!

Was the gelato cart for the F&W festival in Italy or someplace else?

azcavalier
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
They have it at Via Napoli, but that's a TS restaurant. My DW had it for dessert, and just kept raving about how incredible it was. She had Pistachio Gelato. I can tell you her exact words to describe the experience, because this is a family board.

wdwfansince75
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
When we were there in July, they did not have gelato at the donkey wagon in Italy. The pistachio has always been my favorite, and I always get one (or so) at the wagon....but this trip, they were not carrying it....Not sure if it is temporary, or whether they have dropped it permanently. Wonder whether any recent (post-July) visitors can confirm that it is back, or missing, from the wagon.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
was the gelato only gone? or the whole wagon? I'll be able to tell everyone next week! :thumbsup:

5 days and I'm in my happy place!