PDA

View Full Version : photopass cd / photopass book?

mommahnina
10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Has anyone that ordered the photopass also ordered the book? the 149 package? Is it worth it? Did you enjoy your book? How many pages is the book ( it doesnt say ) how many pictures can you put in it? I am just trying to deciede if I want to get the book.

mommahnina
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
no replies? did I post this in the wrong subject? or has no one bought the book?

faline
10-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Let's try moving you to the shopping area to see if that helps!

baldburke
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
We didn't do the book but got the CD. It was a great way to incorporate their pictures with ours for a great slide show when we got home. Plus we were able to have a few blown up at our own expense without having to do the impulse buy. But the book would also be a great way to preserve your memories. Good luck!

pirateyankee80
10-02-2010, 08:26 AM
We have gotten the CD in the past and have already pre-ordered it for our next trip. We are not getting the book though. If you get the CD and have some pictures you want to eventually put in a book there are other web sites that you can do this on. We have had hard cover books make recently with some very old photos and were happy with that. :photo:

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I would love to know the answers to the OPs questions too. The book is certainly pricier starting at $50 compared to other photo sites. It says you can go up to 60 pages, but doesn't say how many pages the starting price of $50 gets you. I can't find my password to look around more, but it also appears as if you can't see how many different page layouts and styles there are unless you actually start to create one, which is a shame. I guess if no one here has created one, a good option might be to email PhotoPass and ask them?

MickeyKC
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Long-time lurker, first official post!!!!

I pre-ordered that package in early 2009 & did the cd, but never made the book (ran out of time). You get a code for each item, so I just held onto it. I finally decided to do the book after a trip this June, and was very happy with the results. I've never done a book through another company, so I have nothing to compare it to, however.

You get a 20 page book, and can select up to 4 photos per page. There are 4-5 "themes" you can choose from for backgrounds (Princess, Fab 5, Classic Disney, Beach, and WDW photos). Maybe more, but I can't remember. For each # of photos on the page, there are about 3 options from there also, some with text, some without. You get more text characters with less photos (i.e:4 photos on the page only gets you 100 characters of text, while only 1 photo on the page gets 300?) You can use your Photopass photos, upload around 80 of your own photos, and also use Disney's stock photos.

I love the quality of the book. I did have a problem when I went to order, the site said the old code was no longer valid. I called the helpline, and the women was wonderful and immediately reactivated my code. I had gone over the 20 pages (I think mine was 24 total), and the code covered shipping for the book plus the extra pages. So, I got a $90 book for $49. Pretty cool!

Hope this helps!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks MickeyKC!!!!

I am pre-ordering the CD tonight for our trip next week. I'll have to make sure and check out the photobook.

I scrapbook so, I like to make my own but, not all photos make the scrapbook. This may be a nice alternative.

Thanks again! and :welcome: :rocks:

TheVBs
10-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Thank you from me too MickeyKC! :mickey: That's really good information.

MickeyKC
10-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

I should clarify that going into it I assumed the $49 was just going to cover the 20 page book (the one with the personalized cover) & I would pay for the extra 4 pages (I had certain themes I was trying to cover for a 10 day trip & 20 pages just wasn't going to cut it!!!!). So, I was pleasently surprised that the code covered everything. I'm not sure if that was standard or because I had a problem & they had to help me out - or because it was included in 2009, but might not be now. You might want to look into that one before you commit!