PDA

View Full Version : How much time at TS restaurants?

natstroop
09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I was just curious about how long we should allocate for a TS meal? I know every one will be different, but on an average....about how long does it take to be seated (with ADRs), order, get your food, eat and get out? Has anyone noticed a consistant average time? We have ADRs for Yachtsman, Coral Reef, Boatwrights, Liberty Tree, Tusker House, Hollywood and Vine, and Capn Jacks.

Thanks!

IloveDisney71
09-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I've only eaten at one of the rest.'s you listed - LTT. I've eaten there several times and we've always been seated within 10 to 15 minutes of our ADR arrival time. We usually are there about an hour to an hour & a half from start to finish. I find that that's about the average time for us at most of the table service rest.'s we eat at when we're at WDW. Anywhere from an hour to an hour & a half is the average time for us. That's what we've found when we've eaten at: Ohana, LeCellier, Crystal Palace, Boma, etc.

gerald72
09-30-2010, 02:18 AM
We average about 45 minutes from our original ADR time

lynnek
09-30-2010, 06:33 AM
That's good to hear!!! We are using TS as a break in the day to get off of feet etc. Another question along this thread--signature restaurants are a bit slower, relaxed, correct? We have a 5:55 at Narcoossee's and then would like to get DH, DS, DD1 to the Pirates and Pals Cruise--starts at 8:45 that night. We have plenty of time to get from GF to Contemporary after dinner?

SBETigg
09-30-2010, 07:24 AM
TS meals usually take an hour or two hours for us, depending on servers, situation. I think it would average to an hour and a half per meal. Signature meals are more of an experience and usually do take longer, I would add an hour, say two and a half hours. But with getting there and waiting to be seated (not always a wait) I would count on two hours out of the schedule for each TS meal and three for every Signature (Signatures don't always take a longer time, though).

Lynne, you should be able to make that timing work for you without any trouble.

lynnek
09-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks Sherri! I think it was your trip report with the Sanaa review that my husband read---I had to get a reservation there right away!!! Great Info!

natstroop
09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I'll plan an hour and a half to two hours for dining when I'm considering other show times, etc.

joonyer
10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Based on our experience, here is a guide I used in planning our schedules:

These times include time for waiting to be seated.

For buffet breakfasts, less than one hour.
For Buffet Lunch, about an hour
For buffet Dinner, hour and a half.

For TS lunch, about an hour, maybe longer at the popular places
For TS dinner, 1.5 to 2 hours.

For signature dinners 2 hours minimum.

Of course, the time of year, overall crowd sizes and free dining promotions will have an impact on these general times. your mileage may vary.

SBETigg
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Joonyer, that's a good list that takes a lot of different kinds of dining into consideration.

badkitty
10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
You also should factor in transportation time especially for Resort dining. Depending on your mode of transportation, it can take up to an hour to get to some of the resort locations and then up to an hour to get to your next destination.

whitney37354
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd say we were actually at our table for an hour. Depending on the TS, we were either immediately seated or waited no more than 30 minutes, but we were always at least 30 minutes early for our ADR's because we always allowed an hour to get to our ADR, just to be safe.

brivers222
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
and the obvious determination... just how well you know the menu :D I pretty much know exactly what I want / crave from all of our places... so i am ready to order upon drinks :thumbsup:

lynnek
10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
My older kids, 10 &12 are considered adults on the dining plan and they love the idea!! They have been checking out menus online almost as much as the rides they want to try!! Talk about memorizing menus!!