PDA

View Full Version : The Tenth Inning

Scar
09-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Someone’s looking over me.

With the exception of Survivor, I pretty much can’t stand today’s TV shows. I’ll watch TCM or AMC if there’s a good movie on, or reruns of classics if they’re on. Maybe a couple other things.

For some bizarre reason, last night I decided to check out the Comcast lineup on the internet to see if there was anything good on, something I’ve maybe done 10 times in the last 10 years. Ken Burns the 10th inning was on in 10 minutes! I knew Burns was working on it but hadn’t heard when it would premier. I love “Baseball” and own it on VHS.

So anyway, I thought it was great, but not as great as the first 9 innings. Maybe because it’s more recent and things I remember more. Or maybe because Keith Olberman was in it. (only Rosie O’Donnell could have made my stomach churn more.)

Anyone else catch it? Part 2 tonight.

Melanie
09-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Or maybe because Keith Olberman was in it. (only Rosie O’Donnell could have made my stomach churn more.)

Oh geez. We haven't watched yet, but we did DVR it. But my DH hates Olberman. This should be interesting. :/

Ian
09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Make that a trifecta of people who hate Olberman ... and at a minimum a duet of folks who hate Rosie O'Donnell. ;)

But I digress ...

I saw this was coming on the other night, but it was running opposite to something I really wanted to watch (can't remember what :confused:), so I skipped it. I figure it will be rerun a bunch of times.

I really want to see it, though. I loved Baseball.

Hammer
09-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Olbermann only talks baseball, folks, so try and rise above your political hatred for the man. I do think he is too much politically, just like Limbaugh and Coulter on the other end of the spectrum, but he is really knowledgeable about sports, especially baseball, and he is pretty good at keeping politics out of it.

I have both episodes DVR'd, but I saw the second half last night (1999 until last year's World Series) and enjoyed it, though I agree with Scar not as much as the original series. If you have On Demand with your cable provider, it should be available there.

Oh, and Ian, you should watch it just to hear Harry Kalas once more...

Melanie
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Olbermann only talks baseball, folks, so try and rise above your political hatred for the man. I do think he is too much politically, just like Limbaugh and Coulter on the other end of the spectrum, but he is really knowledgeable about sports, especially baseball, and he is pretty good at keeping politics out of it.

Well, hate to burst your bubble here, but my DH hated him when he was on ESPN. Has nothing to do with politics, and that wasn't even mentioned. :confused:

Hammer
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, hate to burst your bubble here, but my DH hated him when he was on ESPN. Has nothing to do with politics, and that wasn't even mentioned. :confused:

No bubbles burst, Mel, but usually people's dislike for Olbermann is due to his extreme politics, which is similar to people's view of Russ Limbaugh. Many people because of this don't like anything either says, even if it has nothing to do with politics. Sounds as if your husband's dislike comes from a different source. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just fast forward through his comments.

There is some nice stuff on the Braves pitching staff, especially Glavine and Maddux.

Ian
10-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Well let me put it this way ... I've always hated Keith Olberman all the way back to the ESPN days. I find his voice grating to a degree that makes me cringe.

However, I'm a big enough man to admit that I hate him more now that he's decided to become yet another divisive political talking head.