PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Reservation Systems Update

Tink1
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Upcoming Reservation Systems Update
for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort,
and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa

Disney will perform a reservation-system enhancement beginning at 4 p.m. Eastern time (1 p.m. Pacific) on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010, and lasting until Thursday morning, Oct. 14. This enhancement will allow us to better assist you in the future.

During this time, our systems will not be fully functional and we will not be able to process room-only or vacation-package reservations for the Walt Disney World® Resort by phone or online. This includes making new resort reservations, making modifications to existing resort reservations, providing confirmations or taking payments.

We also will be unable to process reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children's activity centers at the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™, and Clients temporarily will be unable to access Disney's Online Check-In Service.

In addition, we will be unable to process room-only or vacation-package reservations for Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

If you need to make a payment or modify a Disney reservation, please make every effort to complete these before Oct. 12, 2010, or after our systems return to full operation. However, if you are arriving Oct. 12-14, 2010, and you have an urgent inquiry or need assistance with their reservation during the enhancement, please feel free to call and a Cast Member will attempt to assist you.

We expect to be back to full functionality on Thursday morning, Oct. 14, 2010, and will be glad to accommodate your requests at that time.

Please note that this enhancement project also will affect our systems between 6 p.m. Eastern time (3 p.m. Pacific) on Oct. 19, 2010, and morning on Oct. 20, 2010. This overnight system impact will be repeated three additional times through November and December.

Nanc

magicofdisney
09-29-2010, 06:41 PM
It sounds like a total black-out those days. I wonder what kind of financial impact, if any, this will have.

It kind of reminds me of those emails back when everyone was protesting $4 gallon gas. The request was that everyone NOT buy gas on a specific date. Only problem in mind was that everyone would fill up the day before or after therefor negating the entire project.

GrumpyFan
09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow, that seems like a pretty significant outage! Seems kind of odd that they would take the whole system down. From the sound of things, they must be implementing something that will tie all of the resorts together.

brownie
10-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Our payment is due Oct. 12 (thanks Wendy for passing this on!) We're alright with paying our package off a few days early, however I would have thought Disney would have extended the deadline for people since this is something they are doing. I think they've dropped the ball on some customer service here.