PDA

View Full Version : Airtran Question??

Belster
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
This will be our first time using Airtran...my question is...do you really think that I need to pay $20 per ticket to choose my seats?

Are they pretty good about asking people to move around so that you can sit with your kids?

When I called she said that if noone will move they will get you out on the next flight available...I was not too happy with that answer.

TinaT
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
You can check in online up to 24 hours before your flight and pick your seats for no charge at that time. I do that every trip right around 24 hours out and have not had a problem getting seats together.

Belster
09-29-2010, 04:02 PM
You can check in online up to 24 hours before your flight and pick your seats for no charge at that time. I do that every trip right around 24 hours out and have not had a problem getting seats together.

Thank you so very much!! I had no idea about that. I wonder why the woman on the phone did not mention that to me...she was a bit rude.

I love Intercot!!!!

jillluvsdisney
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Did Air Tran raise that fee ?I thought it was 6 dollars each way to pick your seat. I would imagine flights to Orlando would be pretty full most of the time. Even if you do check in 24 hours ahead, there still might not be seats available that are all together.

Belster
09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Did Air Tran raise that fee ?I thought it was 6 dollars each way to pick your seat. I would imagine flights to Orlando would be pretty full most of the time. Even if you do check in 24 hours ahead, there still might not be seats available that are all together.

Yeah...it is $6...I made an error. I was looking at the preferred seating. Still not sure if I will do it or not as we have a connecting flight from Chicago to Atlanta and then to Orlando. would have to pay twice...ugh! The tickets were already a fortune!

Any thoughts????

auntdisney
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't like paying the extra to make sure we sit together but I always do. I don't feel like I can ask people to move so we can sit together as they may have paid the extra so it's not really fair for them to move.

sainter
10-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah...it is $6...I made an error. I was looking at the preferred seating. Still not sure if I will do it or not as we have a connecting flight from Chicago to Atlanta and then to Orlando. would have to pay twice...ugh! The tickets were already a fortune!

Any thoughts????

Are you sure you would have to pay for both portions of the flight? That just doesn't seem right...

As for your original question. How old are your kids? Depending on the situation, I would maybe pay for tickets on the way there. We are excited and want to share it on the way down! But on the way back, everyone is too tired to really care who they are sitting with. Just want to sleep or read. Just a thought.

sommer
10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Is this true for all AirTran flights? I wasn't aware... we are flying them in Dec. out of Milwaukee. My travel agent never mentioned this. I don't know how my kids would do if they were separated.:(

Disney4
10-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I have a family of 4 - two kids 16 and 8 - and I have not had an issue picking my flight seats 24 hrs ahead on time about half the time. The flights to Chicago (Where I am from) do get pretty full. As far as them allowing moves, I would not count on it. You can go to the gate counter and see if there is a block of seats available, but don't exepct it to be a sure thing. If you want to ensure contiguous seating, pay the money up front and pick the seats now. Then you won't have to worry.