PDA

View Full Version : Calling Cards?

DisneyPrincess21
09-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I was wondering, if I buy a prepaid calling card from walmart, will I be able to use the phone in my stateroom to make calls?

Also, can I use these same cards while in port at Nassau?

I will need some way of keeping in touch with the kennel where my babies will be, but I don't want to go broke paying the cell phone cost while on board.

Ed
10-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I really don't know the factual answer, but I rather doubt you can use calling cards aboard. Ship to shore phone calls are outrageously expensive, and I suspect DCL would not accept them for calls from your room phone.

The cards are very likely accepted in Nassau. I'd check with the issuer of the cards to be sure.

Limited cell phone service is available onboard, but again it's very expensive - international roaming rates apply. :spend:

A more viable solution might be to use the internet cafe to communicate with your kennel via e-mail. Maybe they can send you some pix. :dog: :cat:

To get a more definite answer, I'd suggest you call or e-mail DCL.

BrerGnat
10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Ships use satellite phones when you call from your stateroom. A calling card will not work. Those are for land lines.

The calling card might work in Nassau. You can always just buy an INTERNATIONAL calling card, and that will certainly work in Nassau.

The suggestion to use email is a good one. You'll be able to do that daily from the ship, if you wish.