PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bar???

paragon
09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Do any of the monorail resorts have a bar? Or am I going to have to go over to Epcot for a cold beer??

Melanie
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Love the Outer Rim at the Contemporary and the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.

Don't worry....a cold :beer: is just a short monorail ride away. :thumbsup:

paragon
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
We were just looking for a quick beer close to MK.

faline
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Contemporary has the Outer Rim, The Wave, and California Grill. Grand Floridian has Mizner's and Citrico's. The Polynesian has the Tambu Lounge. Wilderness Lodge has the Territory Lounge. There is also pool service at each location. Additionally, the quick service spots at each location also sell beers.

BrerGnat
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the only place at WDW where you CANNOT grab a cold drink is in Magic Kingdom.

ALL the resorts (from value to deluxe) have a bar or at least sell cold beer in the gift shops.

But, if you want GOOD beer, you'll have to go to Epcot World Showcase.

Melanie
09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
But, if you want GOOD beer, you'll have to go to Epcot World Showcase.

Maybe I'm not as picky as you, Nat. I love a good Kona Longboard at the Tambu Lounge. ;)

Scar
09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
We were just looking for a quick beer close to MK.
After extensive research, the quickest beer from the MK is a walk to The Contemporary. Then either around the back to the pool bar, or inside, up the escalator to The Outer Rim.

BrerGnat
09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Maybe I'm not as picky as you, Nat. I love a good Kona Longboard at the Tambu Lounge. ;)

Okay, haven't tried this one. Admittedly, I get the "froo froo" drinks at the resort bars. I like that glowtini. :blush:

AllyMouse
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
What time do these MK resort bars typically stay open until?

We are eating at Il Mulino and Yachtsmen around 8pm for dinner two nights of our trip and I'm wondering if we would have time to visit the Contemporary or Poly after dinner one of these nights.

Anyone think it would be worth it?

AllyMouse
09-30-2010, 01:43 PM

We are eating at Il Mulino and Yachtsmen around 8pm for dinner two nights of our trip and I'm wondering if we would have time to visit the Contemporary or Poly after dinner one of these nights.

Anyone think it would be worth it?

Scar
09-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Anyone think it would be worth it?Depends on where you're staying. If you're staying at an Epcot resort, then no, not worth it. If staying at a MK resort, then totally worth it. The bars stay open fairly late, at least 11 and I think later. (That's past my bedtime.)

AllyMouse
09-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm staying at the Swan... probably not worth it to head all that way for only an hour.

Scar
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
If you're at MK one night, that would be a good time to try one. (Just be mindful of the last bus back or use a taxi.)

BrerGnat
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm staying at the Swan... probably not worth it to head all that way for only an hour.

Uh, you are going to be in a resort whose sister resort has the BEST bar in WDW!

Go to the bar at Todd English's Bluezoo Restaurant (at the Dolphin). There are some AMAZING drinks there!!! Very unique stuff and a cool atmosphere.

If it's beer you're after, walk over to Big River Grill and Brew for some great unique micro brews.

FYI, "last call" at the Disney RESORT bars is fairly early. Something like 10-11pm. The bars at the Swan and Dolphin resorts stay open much later.

MOJoe
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Uh, you are going to be in a resort whose sister resort has the BEST bar in WDW!

Go to the bar at Todd English's Bluezoo Restaurant (at the Dolphin). There are some AMAZING drinks there!!! Very unique stuff and a cool atmosphere..

I'll second that. :thumbsup: