PDA

View Full Version : Discounts at park shops?

tdk316
09-28-2010, 02:32 PM
This might need to be moved...

Are the CS places giving out 20% off coupons for certain shops in the parks? We had a bunch of these last December and it made shopping less painful!

misspriss
09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
We just got back from our trip on Friday of last week. We ate at several counter service places and never did get a coupon. We were on the dining plan, so I'm not sure if that is why. But I did buy a meal for my DD3 using cash and still no coupon. Good luck though and have fun!

brownie
09-28-2010, 04:49 PM
You can get a 10% discount when you spend $50 or more at certain places using your Disney Rewards VISA.

faline
09-28-2010, 06:26 PM
We just got back from our trip on Friday of last week. We ate at several counter service places and never did get a coupon. We were on the dining plan, so I'm not sure if that is why. But I did buy a meal for my DD3 using cash and still no coupon. Good luck though and have fun!

I don't think it has to do with the dining plan. Last year, we were on the dining plan and also received those discount coupons - as I recall it was good if you shopped before noon?

Christine
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Not seeing those coupons on the receipts just yet, but they are offering Annual Passholder discounts if you are one...regular passholders get 10% off shops throughout the resorts and parks (just not little kiosks etc) and premium passholders get 20%!

5togetherWDW
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Over the summer (early August) this year, we got one coupon at Sunshine Seasons / the Land. It was having breakfast on one of our first mornings. Had many other counter service meals, including breakfast there on three other days -- but no more coupons. The one we got was good for 20% off.

johnO
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
20% off coupon would be nice. I'll B.O.L.O. for that.

disneymom2000
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I have never had a coupon from a dining establishment. :shrug: But I have my Disney Rewards Card which is sufficient for me

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately isn't the Disney Rewards only good at the World of Disney Store?

My favorite store in DTD is the Team Mickey store. I usually walk away with a Hockey Jersey or ESPN merchandise that you can't usually find in the World of Disney. In the past Team Mickey did not give you the 10% discount. which unfortunatley basically just pays the sales tax. A 20% discount would be great, although I should be careful of what I wish for, if my DW got hold of a 20% coupon, hoo boy I'd be in trouble.:)