PDA

View Full Version : Question about check out and luggage....

natstroop
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm going to Disney at the end of Oct, but don't have plane tickets yet. I'm looking at getting an outbound flight after 3pm. If I have to check out from POR at 11am, I could either stay there for awhile or visit DTD for awhile, but what would I do with my luggage? Is there a place at POR for me to keep it? Or will I need to lug it around with me wherever I go?

Thanks!

faline
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Disney makes this very easy for you. When you check out, have bell services take your luggage and put it into storage for you. They'll keep it until your ready to leave for the airport!

CleveRocks
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm going to Disney at the end of Oct, but don't have plane tickets yet. I'm looking at getting an outbound flight after 3pm. If I have to check out from POR at 11am, I could either stay there for awhile or visit DTD for awhile, but what would I do with my luggage? Is there a place at POR for me to keep it? Or will I need to lug it around with me wherever I go?

Thanks!

Any decent hotel in the USA will hold your luggage for you on check-out day after check-out, and WDW resorts are no exception.

Luggage isn't permitted on Disney Transport buses (or boats), so you wouldn't even be allowed to lug it around with you.

If you are flying on a "participating" airline, you can use a free service called Resort Airline Check-in, which allows you to go to a desk in your resort's lobby and check your bags through to your final flight destination ... it's exactly like using curbside check-in at the airport, except this isn't at the airport.

If you are using Disney's Magical Express to get back to the airport, your assigned bus time will be about three hours before your flight time. And you'll be instructed to be ready at the bus pick-up area no later than 15 minutes before that time.

If you have ANY questions about all this, don't hesitate to ask more questions!:thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
This was helpful to me too. We also will be staying at POR and our flight doesn't leave until 6:00 so we hoped to do something as you suggest, which would allow us to go back to a park, dtd or even just enjoy the pool.

It's true about no luggage on Disney transportation. I recall being at CBR and they have one bus that is simply the internal bus that makes a continuous loop at each of the stops and port royal. Some poor family had all their luggage with them, apparantly not reading the clearly marked signage that said no luggage allowed and that you were supposed to call bell services to retrieve your luggage prior to using the Magical Express bus. The bus driver was polite, but firm, you can't get on the bus with all your luggage.

So be prepared.

darthmacho
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Disney makes this very easy for you. When you check out, have bell services take your luggage and put it into storage for you. They'll keep it until your ready to leave for the airport!

:mickey: This is true. I did this exact thing on the last day of my trip. POR checked us out by leaving us our paperwork on the doorknob, so we brought our luggage (or you could use bell services) to the Airline Kiosk out front, where Delta checked our baggage in and we did not see it again until Boston. As for our carry-on, right next door to the Airline Kiosk was a place to check in these items, so we did, then took the boat over to DTD, where we spent the day until it was time for Magical Express to pick us up, upon which we checked out our carry-on bags, we boarded the bus and were off to the airport! Easy as pie! :mickey:

MagicalGuest
09-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Continental is a participating airline, too. It was so easy; drop the bags off first thing in the morning, then go enjoy the parks. Our flight was at 6:30 p.m., so we didn't have to return to the hotel until 4. No worries about luggage. Disney makes this so easy!

natstroop
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! I thought there might be something for our luggage and I knew you all here would be able to help me out with it.