PDA

View Full Version : Dress Code at Water Parks

brivers222
09-28-2010, 07:31 AM
I have searched a bit on here and haven't found a thread that really answers my question...

I am a "pooh" sized guy, and like some, I am not really into the shirt off look when I hang out around the water.

My question is what are the restrictions to wardrobe you can wear while at the water parks? I understand you can't wear "street Attire" but I found a pair of Nike mesh workout shorts that are long and really comfortable. I have worn them everytime we go out to the lake by us. The have no rivits or metal or zippers or anything like that.

To go along with those shorts I wear like one of those tank top type shirts.

Is there a link or something to list that dictates what can and can't be worn at blizzard beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

BraddyB
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
If you are into tees at the pool, look into getting a rashguard tee shirt. Its like what the surfers wear, but not as tight. I usually wear that with a pair of board short swimming trunks.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-28-2010, 08:52 AM
On the last trip, we saw a lot of folks wearing simple t-shirts with their shorts or bathing suits on, both on the water slides and in the big pools. Not an issue. Women were wearing them also, so I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just have a great time!

Zippy 1
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Every time we are at the water parks I wear a t-shirt over my swimsuit. I am a plus size lady and not always comfortable walking around in my suit. It was no problem. I went on the slides and everything. Go and Enjoy!!

Schmiv
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
We were just there the last week in Aug. and many people had T-Shirts over their swimsuits and they were going down the water slides just as much as the poeple who should have been wearing T-shirts over their swim suits :covered:, if you know what I mean. :blush:

brivers222
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
If you are into tees at the pool, look into getting a rashguard tee shirt. Its like what the surfers wear, but not as tight. I usually wear that with a pair of board short swimming trunks.

I actually ordered 2 Koredry shirts from this rash guard store in California... They arrive next week. One short sleeve for Disney and one long sleeve for jet skiing next summer :)

I had to go with Koredry (same Idea as rash guard) because i like them baggy and not so clingy when wet

BraddyB
10-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I didnt get the "true" rashguard. Its a loose fit rashguard tee made by Oneill. I ended up ordering it from a place up in Michigan !!

brivers222
10-04-2010, 09:01 AM
just got my 2 in the mail on Saturday... Now the sizes are still about 2 sizes 2 small... I ordered XXXL because i wanted them baggie... but they are pretty much smaller than my normal XXL i wear lol oh well they will work just fine. I ran them under the faucet to see whats up.... WOW the water just beaded off! Amazing. I even took a Kleenex and placed it under my shirt... ran water over top of the shirt for 3mins... Kleenex which was touching the shirt underneath, never got wet at all...... Sweet!! :thumbsup: