PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to grocery store ?

dizne4me
09-27-2010, 07:32 PM
We are staying at ASMU family suite and planning on going to Super Walmart to pick up a few groceries and beverages. Anyway, I'm considering renting a car for 1 day - but I'm not too keen on driving and I'm wondering if it's possible to call a taxi to take us there and then call a taxi again when we're done shopping at Super Walmart. First, I'm wondering if this is possible and if so, what would be the approximate cost and do they charge per person in the cab or just the distance. Thanks for any help with this.

faline
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Taxis do not charge per person. It sounds like you might benefit more from using one of the grocery delivery services in the area. There are a few out there.

If you use Quicksilver to go from the airport to your resort, you can also book a free, 20 minute grocery stop on the way to your resort.

This site could help you estimate taxi fare (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando).

faline
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
I haven't personally used any of the grocery delivery services but you could look at wegoshop; netgrocer; or groceriestogo.

CleveRocks
09-28-2010, 12:37 AM
A grocery delivery service is going to be cheaper than round-trip taxi fare, AND using a grocery delivery service won't take any time away from your vacation.

Gooding's is a local grocery store that offers delivery.

Gardengrocer and WeGoShop are stand-alone grocery delivery services.

All of their web addresses should be pretty self-explanatory. I've used Gooding's 3 times and been completely satisfied.

bostonsam
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
just now realizing could of done that instead of walking:blush::laughing: