PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Non-hopping Day

dntccc
09-27-2010, 04:23 PM
We leave for our trip to WDW on Wednesday (9/29/10). We will not arrive until 9/30/10 (driving from TN). We are going to spend 4 days at WDW. My wife and I have 3 days left on 10-day hopper no-expiration tickets we purchased about 5 years ago. We originally were just going to spend 3 days at WDW and buy our children 3-day hopper tickets. However, we decided to increase our stay to 4 days which means we have to buy a one-day ticket for my wife and I. A one-day base ticket costs about $88. To upgrade this to a hopper would raise the price to about $140. We would rather just keep this a base ticket than to spend another $100 to make our tickets hoppers.

I have been trying to decide at which park to spend the non-hopper day. My first thought was for it to be the Magic Kingdom (especially since our children are ages 7 and 3). However, one of the days we will be there (10/2), the MK will be open from 9AM - 12AM (and this is not a night of the MNSSHP). Given the hours MK will be open, I thought we could go there that morning and then, after half a day or so, hop to another park. Then, if we felt like it, we could hop back to the MK for a while. Right now our plan is to go to Epcot on 10/1 as our non-hop day, MK on 10/2 and hop somewhere (not sure where yet), then on 10/3 go to AK until about 1 or 2PM and then hop to HS, and then on 10/4 start the day at MK and maybe hop to another park.

GrumpyFan
09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow, sounds like a very busy schedule! I realize you're just going to be there for 4 days, but that's a lot to do for 4 days with a 7 & 3 yo.
Epcot and Animal Kingdom are both very big parks. However, AK has fewer attractions, and Epcot doesn't have a lot to do for younger kids. Something else you might want to consider is the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. If you like food, this is definitely worth checking out.

Here's another thought for you to consider. Go check out a nearby resort, and maybe have lunch there. We did this last year at AK and had counter service at Mara at AK Lodge. It was a great way to relax and get away from the parks for a bit. After lunch we went back to the park and finished our day.

dntccc
09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, sounds like a very busy schedule! I realize you're just going to be there for 4 days, but that's a lot to do for 4 days with a 7 & 3 yo.
Epcot and Animal Kingdom are both very big parks. However, AK has fewer attractions, and Epcot doesn't have a lot to do for younger kids. Something else you might want to consider is the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. If you like food, this is definitely worth checking out.

Here's another thought for you to consider. Go check out a nearby resort, and maybe have lunch there. We did this last year at AK and had counter service at Mara at AK Lodge. It was a great way to relax and get away from the parks for a bit. After lunch we went back to the park and finished our day.

We do not plan on spending much time at AK (our least favorite park). Most likely we will just ride 4 rides (EE, Dinosaur, Kali Rapids, and the Safari ride). We do not expect to be there but maybe 4 hours (we will have a GAC due to our son having ASD and based on our last visit, do not expect to have to wait very long for the rides).

I had heard that non-resort guests can visit the resorts just to look around. How do you do that?

Gator
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Your kids will love more time at the MK. However, I like to spend as much time at Epcot as possible. All those live shows are so entertaining.

MOJoe
09-28-2010, 03:56 PM
With children that age, MK is really the place to spend a whole day. Since you don't want to spend much time at AK, you might get that out of the way on your first day, then hop elsewhere. Spend a long day at MK next, then hop around on your last two days.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. For my family with teen boys, MK has the least attraction. Even still, i feel like i've missed something when we don't have one full day there.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
To hop to another resort, just get on the bus, Gus!!!!

heehee...

you can use any of the Disney transportation (bus, boat or monorail) and visit the resort. This is true for guest staying on property or not. Since you have your own car, you can also drive to any resort. When you go through the resort gate, you can tell the security guard that your there to look around and/or eat at one of the restaurants.