PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan???

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Question regarding the Deluxe Dining Plan:

When they say 3 meals per day do they mean any meals TS or QS? Does that mean you could eat 3 TS meals per day? I don't understand exactly what the credits equate to. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

WishingStar2006
09-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes, that's exactly what it means...you get three "meal credits" per day. You can do 3 QS, 1 QS and 2 TS (Signature), 3 TS...anyway you want to use the "meal" credits....you are not limited to QS vs TS....a meal credit is a meal credit. ALSO, BIG BONUS....the deluxe dining plan INCLUDES appetizer if you are dining at a table service location....my party of 4 saved over $800 using the Deluxe Dining Plan in August. We are big appetizer lovers and this was PERFECT for us. We ate a TS for lunch/brunch every day and then we ate Signature Dining every evening for dinner...it was great!!! All of this plus 2 snacks per day per person.

ElenitaB
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
The Signature Dining restaurants and shows that take two credits are: California Grill, Flying Fish Cafe, the Castle, Brown Derby, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Artist's Point, Yachstman Steakhouse, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Spirit of Aloha dinner.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-27-2010, 07:16 PM
We also used the Deluxe Dining Plan in August. I didn't calculate whether I saved money or not, but we loved it! We got to sit down and have good meals every time we ate! No standing in line and then carrying around a tray looking for a place to sit ... we had reservations! Besides, with it being very hot in August we really appreciated the fact that we could go inside and sit in an air conditioned restaurant and relax. All TS on the Deluxe Dining Plan included appetizer, entree and dessert, and sure, sometimes it was too much food, but we just ate what we wanted and didn't worry that we were "wasting money" by not eating it all. We used almost all of ours on TS, but yes, you can use them however you want. I will definately use the Deluxe Dining Plan again. :thumbsup:

A Big Kid
09-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Dont forget a MAJOR hidden cost in the Deluxe Dining Plan. Your "tip cost" climbs with the cost of each meal. If you have three TS meals per day, you'll have to pay three "TS size tips" out of pocket each day.

The more expensive of a meal you choose, the more expensive your tip becomes.

whitney37354
09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
We saved about $250 with DxDP last June. We ended up bringing lots of snacks home with leftover snack credits. In the parks we only used snack credits for bottled water. We did every character meal at Disney except at Beach Club, so we had two TS & one CS each day. Our breakfast at Cindy's Castle took our extra TS that we didn't use on the first day there.

Also, it depends on how many breaks you want to take during the day to have a sit down meal. I don't know if we'd every use DxDP again, but I'd say the DDP or QSDP would money for us without a problem.