PDA

View Full Version : Size of in-room safe

azcavalier
09-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I did a search, but couldn't find any info on this. How large are the in-room safes? Big enough for a laptop? An iPad?

joonyer
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
The in-room safes are relatively small. A really small netbook "might" (maybe) fit, but a normal size laptop will not. An I-pad, maybe, if you could finagle it through the door opening. The safes are basically big enough for wallets, cameras, jewelry, etc. but that's about it. Sorry I don't have exact dimensions, and they may vary slightly form resort to resort.

elmjimmlm
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
I have a regular size check book cover that holds everything and it is not even wide enough to fit...There is no way to get an iPad or laptop in it...

Juicy1122
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
We stayed at the Boardwalk in August and my Ipad fit perfectly fine along with a few ipod touches and wallets, not sure about a laptop fitting tho.

faline
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Partially, it depends upon where you stay. The Grand Floridian has huge safes as did the room we stayed in at Bay Lake Tower. For the most part, though, the safes are generally high but not very deep at all. Still, I was able to fit my netbook in the safe at Coronado Springs. However, it would only fit if it wasn't in its case (and the case is not very thick at all). Regular size laptops would not fit in most of the safes.

lindique
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I have a netbook that has spent many a night now (in it's sleeve) in the small safes in the Disney hotels. There was even a small amount of space left for a couple of other tiny electronic items.

DisneyPrincess21
09-27-2010, 07:09 PM
I would say you could fit an iPad in the safes at the MOD resorts if you put it on it's side.

pirateyankee80
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Look into gettig a cable lock for your laptop. Thats what we did, locked it to the desk. We had Dell's back then. You should be able to get a lock for any laptop. Great for peace of mind :nope: no way it will fit in safe

azcavalier
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, it will be an iPad, and we'll be staying in POR.

JerseyDad
09-27-2010, 08:35 PM
.....I never gave a second thought to locking up the computer. My daughter brought her full sized lap-top to POP with us 3 weeks ago...and it sat on the table in the room the whole week...never bothered by housekeeping or anyone else.

(daughter did the whole "social networking thing" and the wife & I have our own businesses...so we had to keep tabs on things)

Darbylew
09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
The safe at POFQ is small but we manage to
get a few things in it. We have not ever had
anything taken or bothered in our room at
Disney. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
7 DAYS!!!! :D:mickey:

Carolanne
09-27-2010, 09:06 PM
We've used the wall safe at POFQ for my mom's wallet. IIRC the safes are pretty small. If the ipad were to fit, I'd be the paranoid person who would be afraid of it somehow shifting & falling out of the safe when I opened it (seriously, that's just how I think).

I always take my laptop with me. Deluxe, mod, value resorts, I've never thought that I needed to secure my laptop in the safe. When heading out for the day, I either put the laptop in a dresser drawer or back in a suitcase without any issue.

Enjoy your trip!

LVT
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Pop 16 days laptop on desk, no trouble.
However, I did note that the room is wide open during cleaning, so our laziness was luck.

azcavalier
09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I've takena laptop on many trips, and i've never locked it up. The reason that i'm worried about it this time, is..well...it's not mine. We're borrowing it. So that would just make me feel safer.

Scar
09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
I believe the front desk can lock up items that don't fit in the room safe. Not sure how the system works, but I've heard they will.

Going2HeavenRU
09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Last time we were at Pop, my husband was able to fit his 15 inch laptop into the safe without any problems. Not much else fit accept my extra cash. We stood his laptop up along the back.

Minnie4me
10-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I have an idea...how about leaving the laptop at home.

Too many people need to be connected 24/7.

faline
10-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I have an idea...how about leaving the laptop at home.

Too many people need to be connected 24/7.

This is exactly what I've done for most of my trips. For my last two trips, however, I did bring my netbook and this worked perfectly for me - not to be connected on-line as in two trips, I only did this for one 24 hour period and only so I could access information I needed in order to book a bounceback offer! but to be able to write my Intercot trip reports as I went along - much easier than writing all the information in notebooks and have to transcribe it again after I returned home!

TheRustyScupper
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I did a search, but couldn't find any info on this. How large are the in-room safes? Big enough for a laptop? An iPad?

1) Different safes are different sizes.
2) Usually, a laptop will not fit.

Checkers
10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Last time we were at Pop, my husband was able to fit his 15 inch laptop into the safe without any problems. Not much else fit accept my extra cash. We stood his laptop up along the back.

Ditto. When we were at the BCVs in May, my DD's laptop fit in the safe, too, with not a lot else in it although thinking back I put my jewelry pouch, wallet, keys and extra $ in it but it was quite a squeeze!