PDA

View Full Version : Disney Parks Teams Up With Orlando Magic and Amway Center

Melanie
09-27-2010, 06:41 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

posted on September 24th, 2010 by Kathleen Prihoda, Media Relations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Like most everyone who lives in Orlando, I’m eagerly counting down the days until the opening of the new Amway Center, which will be home to the Orlando Magic and host to world-class entertainment and sporting events. The Amway Center will usher in a new era for Central Florida and I’m happy to share that Disney Parks will play a supporting role.

This morning, with blue and silver pixie dust in hand, Mickey Mouse presented Orlando Magic superstar Dwight Howard with a “mouse warming” gift in celebration of the team’s new home and a multi-year agreement making Disney Parks a “Champions of the Community” sponsor for the franchise and Amway Center. The Orlando Magic in return gave Mickey Mouse his own jersey emblazoned with the #71, a nod to the year when Walt Disney World Resort opened.

Through the new agreement, Walt Disney World Resort and the Orlando Magic will seek ways to team up for the benefit of the Central Florida community. Considering that both share a focus on improving the lives of children, these efforts have tremendous potential to make an even greater difference for the common good.

Beyond community outreach opportunities, Walt Disney World will be the “official theme park of the Orlando Magic” and Disney Cruise Line will be the “official cruise line of the Orlando Magic.” Disney Parks will also be the presenting sponsor of the Amway Center atrium, which will be named the “Disney Atrium.” Additionally, Disney will work with the Orlando Magic to develop co-branded merchandise and take advantage of other marketing and community opportunities.

Click here to see video (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/disney-parks-teams-up-with-the-orlando-magic-and-amway-center/) (which Dwight did an awesome job with).

weswerx
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for 10/01/10!
This is going to be huge and I am so excited!
:mickey::thumbsup::mickey: