PDA

View Full Version : Good steak dinner that wont break the bank?

andrew&ryansmommy
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Any recommendations for a simple steak and potatoes dinner that wont break the bank? At the parks, Downtown, resorts? Thanks!

Fastpasssteve
09-27-2010, 01:18 AM
I have eaten and eaten WELL all over the Kingdom. While I enjoy Le Cellier, Jiko, and the Yachtsman...one of the best steaks I ever had was at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort (right there on the MK monorail line). It is not an expensive restaurant (relatively - What is cheap in Disney?) and has delicious food. Check out their menu online with your favorite search engine. They also serve delicious bread accompanied by macadamia nut butter with each meal. Mmmmmm!

They also have a tempting line of desserts that would choke a pig.

MagicalGuest
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
We love the steaks at The Wave at the Contemporary. Absolutely delicious. Call me crazy, but I like them better than those at Le Cellier!

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 04:17 PM
We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse but the meal can get very expensive, very quickly. However, if you choose wisely and don't buy wine by the bottle ;) you can do a meal reasonably.

I have heard good things about the Grand Floridian Cafe.

etibbetts
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
We were on the dining plan, so I'm not sure about costs, but the Captains Grille at the Yacht Club had a great steak. I got the Grilled Rib-Eye and it was amazing. My family (5 Adults and 2 Children) all agreed this was the best meal of our trip (and since we had 14 table services - 2 of which were Le Cellier, this I think says a lot).