PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the Contemporary from POP

andrew&ryansmommy
09-26-2010, 05:14 PM
What would be the quickest and most direct way to get to the Contemporary on a Wed morning in December from POP? We have an ADR for Chef Mickeys at 825....how long would it take to get there? What if we took a cab? How much and how long? Thanks so much for ALL the help!

faline
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and either walk from there or take the monorail. I'd allow an hour for travel time.

You can estimate what cab fare might cost you here. (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando)

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
I would take the bus from POP to MK. From there, it is a short walk to the Contemporary. I have also seen a few bus drivers take people right over to the Contemporary as well!

Buttercup
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Go for the monorail ride from the MK! It always gets me in the mood for some Chef Mickey's and the park later on! :)

BigRedDad
09-27-2010, 07:28 AM
As the others have stated. One thing to add is if you leave earlier in the morning, say 7AM, and you are the only ones on the bus, just let the driver know. He/she will probably take you straight to the Contemporary. This will only happen if you are the only ones on the bus.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
We've done this many times. If you are not eating until 8:25, take the bus to MK and just walk the VERY SHORT distance to Contemporary. It took us less than five minutes, and since POP is the very last bus in the row, it's actually closer to the Contemporary than the other busses. Seriously, it didn't take us longer than 25 minutes to get there, and it was a busy time. Don't bother with the monorail if your group can easily walk. If you do have folks in your party who can't walk it easily, leave another 20 minutes for the monorail. If you have kids in strollers, you can probably even get there in 3 minutes! When your bus stops at MK, you will see just how close you really are.

Melanie
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
When your bus stops at MK, you will see just how close you really are.

True. And by the time you walk from the POP bus stop to the monorail station, you'd already be more than halfway to the Contemporary.

We've done the walk many times from MK to the Contemporary. Easy! :thumbsup: