PDA

View Full Version : Hotels with dogs?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone it has been a while since I have been to DL, I was going to wait until 2013 or so for them to finish revamping the parks, but have lately been toying with the idea of taking a weekend trip some time soon. However I now live with my daughter and her 2 dogs. Are there any nice (not to expensive) hotels that allow dogs near DL? :mickey:

NotaGeek
09-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I have researched like crazy for my parents and there is no hotel in the immediate area that accepts dogs. I think the problem is that most hotels do not want you to leave your dogs unattended, and the hotels near Disneyland know you will be at the parks all day.

There does seem to be a list of hotels not far away listed on petswelcome.com.

Good luck ... if you find one please report back.

BrerGnat
09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Can you leave dogs overnight at the DL kennel? If so, you could do that.

Or, just have someone you trust (neighbor, friend) look after the dogs for you for the weekend.

Disney4us2
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
There are a few pet friendly hotels. One of my friends stayed at Motel 6. He wanted a cheap room. They will not let the dog stay during the day. For that he used the Disneyland kennel. It is $20.00 for boarding. There is no overnight boarding at the DL kennels.

Try looking at some of the good neighbor hotels. I know there were a few more better than the motel 6.

Good luck.

Mrs Bus Driver
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
For anyone else interested in this, this is what I found. As stated above most hotels that allow dogs don't want them left in rooms during the day (even when crated and I wouldn't want to leave them crated all day while I'm out having fun). Most charge a pet fee which can vary between $10 a day (usually $50 limit) to $80 per stay. Many have a weight limit from 40 to 80 pounds, one of the boys is around 60 pounds so this limits the number of hotels. Most have a 2 pet limit as well. Walking the dogs also becomes a problem, however there is a dog park within a couple of miles of DL. This would mean getting up early to take the dogs there, then boarding them at the DL kennel. With regular visits to walk and check on them. A bit trying but doable. Because of all the work, we most likely won't be doing this any time soon. The kennels at WDW sound like a better way to go so will be waiting until we can afford to go there. Thanks for your help everyone. :mickey: