PDA

View Full Version : Anticipation better than the trip?

DisneyFr33k
09-26-2010, 07:09 AM
We are 27 days from our magical trip and are beyond excited. We were commenting the anticipation is almost better than the trip! Last trip it almost was a let down driving to the airport as we knew all that magical anticipation was over....

Anyone else feel that way?

BugeyedMuggy
09-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I know we get very excited the month before we leave but as far as being let down on our drive to the airport I would say no. The drive to Orlando airport back home is my biggest let down. That's why we always have another trip in mind :cloud9:

cather74
09-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Sometimes we anticipate so much that when we are there it doesn't seem real. Like a dream.:cloud9:

DisneyFr33k
09-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Sometimes we anticipate so much that when we are there it doesn't seem real. Like a dream.:cloud9:

Oh so true!

dyin tago
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
wife and I have been to disneyworld almost yearly for 7 trips (last 4 trips without kids):mickey:

we go again in november and are as excited as ever and we are both 50 now.:old:

LudwigVonDrake
09-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Not at all. I have been to WDW over a dozen times and it doesn't lose it's charm or magic to me :tink:

WDW*Dreamer
09-26-2010, 02:52 PM
You have to be careful that the buildup of anticipation doesn't cause you to come busting out of the gates on that first day like a race horse out of the shoot.....intent on doing everything you've anticipated in the first half-day of your visit. I always have to pull the reigns in on the kids a bit and remind them to ENJOY themselves while doing it all. "God made time so we wouldn't have to do everything at once"

akaDisneyDreamer
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I understand what you are talking about! There is just so much excitement and anticipation building up to the big day ... we have calendars where we are counting down the days, and anyone can ask a simple "how many days" and we know the answer without hesitation! But maybe, for a fleeting moment, there is just a little saddness on the way to the airport, because the planning is done, the looking forward to part is over ... but then reality hits "WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!" :tigger: And that's the greatest feeling in the world!

I do get very sad on the way home though ... so have to start planning again right away. Looking into a cruise ... maybe with a park visit first ... got all my planning DVD's and books, doing the reasearch! This is all so exciting! :wave:

azcavalier
09-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Yep. 3 days. School and work are becoming very hard to pay attention to right now.

#1donaldfan
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
The planning process truly has an element of magic to it as well, but the real magic is walking through the lobby of POR, day one, at check in....that's when you KNOW, the fun is about to begin !! :thumbsup: