PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Drive-In where Hollywood & Dine was?

Melanie
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Just saw on Twitter that Disneyland president announced at Destination D that Sci-Fi Drive-In is being discussed for going in where Hollywood & Dine was at DCA.

Another recycled idea. :unsure:

Where was Hollywood & Dine and what was the concept?

MegaDisney
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
It was filled with props and equipment, kinda like the Studio Catering place at Disney Studios.

I thought the Sci-Fi concept was going into Cars Land?

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Bryant the idea of bringing it to Radiator Springs (can't bring myself to call it by it's given name) was cut from the original plan.

I think it would "fit" better in that part of the park.

And as Mel has mentioned it is merely a copycat of another Disney restaurant.

Is that what DCA wants or needs???

:smickey:

longlivethepumpkins
10-04-2010, 01:29 PM
As long as they are recycling concepts, how about The Brown Derby? That actually fits with the idea of preserving old Hollywood landmarks.

Melanie
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
As long as they are recycling concepts, how about The Brown Derby? That actually fits with the idea of preserving old Hollywood landmarks.

Austin? Is that you? Good to 'see' you!

Actually, not a bad idea at all. Especially since I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi anyway.

robnadina
10-04-2010, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=Melanie;2106697
Especially since I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi anyway.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. Not that the food at DLR is anything compared to WDW. We just dont make it a priority to eat at Sci Fi when visiting FL. Personally I would like to see the 50's Prime Time at DLR. We loved the "comfort" food menu and they way the servers interact with each guest is fun to watch. Much more so than a hamburger and fries while watching movie trailers.

longlivethepumpkins
10-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Hello, Melanie. It's good to see you too! How are things?

To be honest, I'm just happy they're discussing the possibility of adding some eating options to that section of the park. As much as I love Award Wieners (and I'm not joking about that, I'm afraid to say), options are always nice - especially air-conditioned ones.

badkitty
10-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Hollywood and Dine wasn't the original name of that space though, right? I seem to remember a Soap Opera theme...

Disney4us2
10-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Hollywood and Dine wasn't the original name of that space though, right? I seem to remember a Soap Opera theme...

That restaurant is where Playhouse Disney is now. It did have a soap opera theme. Never ate there.

CaptSmee
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I love Sci-Fi but obviously they are running out of original ideas for California Adventure. It's like a "Greatest Hits" park ported from WDW with a few originals thrown in...and sadly, even though World of Color has boosted it's attendance #'s each time I was there I saw everyone grabbing their fastpasses and booking it over to Disneyland so it's not really a true increase in attendance.