PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours 2.0 Multiple Experiences

Melanie
09-25-2010, 07:53 PM
It was just announced at Destination D that the new Star Tours 2.0 will have 54 different experiences.

Awesome! :yoda::trooper::darth::chewy::ewok:

crltkcagle
09-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow thats amazing!:joy:

joonyer
09-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Sounds cool, will guests get to choose, or will they be randomly selected?

cather74
09-26-2010, 09:21 AM
wow!:yoda:

BrerGnat
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Yep, that's more in line with what I heard. I heard "over 50" different experiences.

I think it's audience dependent. I think at the beginning of the ride (or maybe in the preshow area?) the ride guests get to "choose" some options that correspond to what might happen in the ride (like, what planet to go to). Based on "majority rules", the ride will be based on the audience vote.

Sounds cool! We can't wait to try it in May at DL!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
WOW !!!! When is it to re-open ?:cool:

MOJoe
09-27-2010, 01:27 PM
It's my understanding that multiple experiences and destinations were in the original concept for Star Tours. I'm so glad that Disney has found a way to make it possible.

Disney has had spotty results remaking their classic attractions. But if this one is done right, i believe it could be one of the best thrill rides on property. Let's hope they do the Star Wars franchise justice.

Gator
09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
It could be a lot like Indiana Jones at DL, only with a lot more options. That will be really cool. It will make it worth going on over and over.

phillydan
09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Yippee! As much as I love the original, I get kind of tired of it since DS wants to do it over and over again on each trip. Really looking forward to this improvement.

Imagineer1981
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I can't wait, but in all honesty, if its just another motion simulator, it could be really lame

brownie
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I like it. It'll help to keep it from getting "old" for repeat guests.

darthmacho
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Wow. The repeat value would be through the roof! If done right, this could challenge TSM for the longest lines in WDW. Is DHS finally going to compete with the Big Boy Parks? :mickey:

Hazmat
10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
It will definatly put the ride in the repeat over and over section. I'm surprised they havent done it sooner. Any news if rex will return?

Buttercup
10-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Any news if rex will return?
There's a post in the News/Rumors section that shows a couple of new droids coming... but I haven't heard about Rex. http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=175356

I was actually hoping for something like this. As much as I like the idea of Pod Racing, I always actually enjoyed whizzing through the trench of the death star and jumping to light speed. :thumbsup: Just the film quality was really lacking after 20+ years so hopefully it's still one of the options in the new ride!

LarryBoy
10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Any news if rex will return?

From what I've read Rex will not be in this version. This version of the ride is set between Episode 3 and 4, where as the old ride is supposed to take place after Episode 6. (Which doesn't quite make sense to me because they blow up a Death Star.) Any way in the old version Rex says that it's his first flight, and therefore can't be in the new version which is set at an earlier time in the whole Star Wars timeline.
Does that make sense? :confused:

Goes4FastPass
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Are we expecting more changes to this attraction than simply changing what movie is shown while the 'theater' jerks around?

Really. This attraction can and should be so much more than "Body Wars" with 54 (or 154) different movies.

WDW attractions have great queuing areas but when the queue is more interesting than the main event it's time for a real refurb.

LarryBoy
10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Isn't the new one going to be 3D?

Hazmat
10-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I understand, but Disney's new rides havent quite stuck to timelines have they? Shouldn't stitch be called experiment 626's great escape? To my knowledge it's set before lilo and stitch :p. Guess I will have to build my own full size animatronic Rex then. Always wanted one on my desk anyways :p

disneymom2000
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
That is pretty cool. If it works maybe they will do something with Soarin' where you could change the state or country you get to "soar" over in the simulator. Can you imagine flying over Germany or Greece or even Australia? I would never leave.