PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Easy Dining Plan Question

Buttercup
09-24-2010, 11:52 PM
In all my years of going to Disney I've never gotten the dining plan. With all the weeks of free dining in 2011, it looks like we might actually take advantage! But I have a question.

We are going to WDW from a Saturday to the following Saturday.
That is 7 nights we'll be staying at WDW.

With the dining plan, is it "1 table service + 1 counter service + 1 snack" per person, PER DAY? Or is it per night?

I guess what I'm asking is, we're on the property for 8 days, but 7 nights. Will we end up with 8 credits or 7 credits (for each TS, CS & Snack)?
I'm trying to figure out how many restaurants to make reservations for.

joonyer
09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
It's ''per night" of your resort stay.

Buttercup
09-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Okay thanks! So I'll plan on 7 table service, 7 counter service and 7 snack credits for each of us.
Thanks for clarifying that!

gerald72
09-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Correct

cer
09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Also, depending on the resort you stay in, will determine which dining plan you get (unless they have changed it). If you stay in a Value Resort, you will get the quick service dining plan - if you stay in a Moderate or Deluxe, then you will get the regular dining plan you described in your post.

IF you are staying at a Value, and want the regular dining plan you can upgrade your free quick service plan by paying the difference between the two plans.

Have a magical trip! :mickey:

Itchy
09-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Don't forget, if you don't already know is to be sure to make your dining reservations at 180 days out. Most restaurants are hard to get into without a reservation.

Also if you dine at a signature restaurant it will use 2 dining credits per person.

I have used the dining plan since it started and will not do it any other way, its great.

Happy planning.:mickey:

Buttercup
09-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Yep, we're staying at a Moderate resort this time around so we're getting the regular dining plan, not the quick service one.
And yep, I know about the 180 day ADR thing. We've been going to Disney for 30+ years and have always made ADR's even though we never used the dining plan. I'm looking forward to it! It's sort-of an excuse to try all these great sit-down restaurants that we normally wouldn't want to spend the money at.
Thanks everybody! :mickey::thumbsup: