PDA

View Full Version : Southwest after March 11, 2011?

sainter
09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Southwest started flying out of Milwaukee last year. I am so excited to have another low cost player in our market! They are booking through March 11 now. We are planning a trip just after this date. Any of you with Southwest experience have any idea when they will be extending the booking dates past March 11?
Thanks!!

Ed
09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
From SWA's website ~~

On September 28, we will open our schedule for sale through April 25, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

sainter
09-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Thank you Ed! I have been checking Southwest's site nearly every day and missed that... maybe I need those new reading glasses more than I thought!:eyes:

Disney4us2
09-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Thank you Ed! I have been checking Southwest's site nearly every day and missed that... maybe I need those new reading glasses more than I thought!:eyes:

I am with you. I was looking and had the hardest time finding when the dates would be released.

Gregandmel
09-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I am with you. I was looking and had the hardest time finding when the dates would be released.

I'm pretty sure you have to go the "Travel Tools" (top of the page) and select "See all Travel Tools" - from there it usually pops right up. But if you don't know where to find it, you can spend quite a bit of time!

Fangorn
09-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to go the "Travel Tools" (top of the page) and select "See all Travel Tools"

This is correct. "Travel Tools" is at the top of the screen, on the right-hand side, just under the blue "GO" button. It's not particularly obvious. Click on the drop-down arrow and then on "View all Travel Tools", which is at the bottom of the list. The information is at the top, right under the large "Travel Tool" header.

Steve

Ed
09-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why SWA doesn't just put that info right on their home page. :confused: :shrug:

I'm pretty sure they used to do that, but now you have to dig, dig, dig just to find it. :down:

Fangorn
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Agreed.
I don't recall them ever putting it on their homepage, but I'm pretty sure they used to have it in more than one place, or perhaps it was just easier to find on the old website. In any case, it does almost seem as if they're hiding that information.

Steve

sainter
09-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Does seem like a silly thing not to have it on the homepage. People know what dates they are looking for - not likely to make their trip earlier just because Southwest doesn't book until the desired date yet.
Anyway, thanks for all of your posts!

princessjojo
09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Speaking of, and I know this is slightly off topic, but is it just me, or is southwest having fewer ding rates into MCO...? I just figured I downloaded it incorrectly onto our new computer and havent bothered reloading it since our travel dates aren't open yet. And I actually have 5 different airports loaded for ding rates.

sainter
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
princessjojo I think you may be right. I also downloaded it and thought I must have done something wrong because I haven't had any activity either....

donnah77
09-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Tickets became availalbe thru April 25 2011 this morning! I bought tix for our next spring break 4/15-23 and they were actually a bit less expensive than last year. Still not the bargains we used to find, but it works :mickey:

Excited to be another step closer to our next trip!