PDA

View Full Version : Any Interview TIps?

Narawen
09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I have a phone screen for the professional Internship program on Monday night and wondering if anyone has any advice. This is my dream position and I don't want to make any simple mistake to flub it up.

faline
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Find out everything you can about the company. Make sure you've visited their web site. Use other resources as well to learn about the company.

Phone interviews are usually quite brief. They are usually looking for enough information to decide whether or not they want to meet you face to face.

Be direct. Don't ramble. If you didn't hear the question, ask that it be repeated. If you don't understand what the question is, ask for clarification. Keep your discussion professional. Try to keep "you know" out of your conversation. Make sure your voice is friendly and not too loud or too soft. Don't speak too fast or too slow.

Anticipate that you will probably be asked why you want the position, what interested you in the position and why you should be selected. Prepare your answers to these questions in advance but make sure you don't sound like you're reading the answers or reciting them!

Google the ultimate guide to job interview answers.

Good luck!

cajundisneyfreak
09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Good luck !! My son just got accepted for the college program.We're really excited! It's a dream come true.Just be yourself.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Good luck !! My son just got accepted for the college program.We're really excited! It's a dream come true.Just be yourself.:mickey:

Our daughter has interviewed and was accepted to the college program as well, and has an audition early Oct. I'm sure she'll do fine....sorry no advice for your question, I just wanted to gloat !! :mickey:

Kim Possible
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM
my friend just got accepted and i have my interview on thursday! good luck! i'm sure you will do fine!!!!!!

Narawen
09-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone. My phone screening is in 20 minutes, so excited! :mickey:

Kim Possible
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
how did it go!