PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Vaccum....Again

hannahandkalebmom
09-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Well I need another vaccum. It seems like I need to get a new vaccum every 2 years. Does anybody have any suggestions of what vaccum I should get. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

RedSoxFan
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a Dyson and love it. Have had it for 4+ years now --- never a problem. I love the fact that it doesn't use bags.

DizneyRox
09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Dyson, going on 8+ years and it still sux!

cer
09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Happy with our Dyson, too!

eam
09-23-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a Kirby that I bought in 1975, and it is still going strong. Only have had to buy a couple of belts.

tadshome
09-24-2010, 02:15 AM
I have been using my Dyson for 5+ years and has never had a problem :thumbsup:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-24-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't have one, but when we were cleaning houses, Dyson was the best I used.

Mousefever
09-24-2010, 03:12 AM
For those who have gone bagless, can I ask a question? When you empty a bagless canister into the garbage, doesn't the dust removed during the vacuuming process reenter the air? I think I actually prefer bags. I have a hand me down canister vacuum by Kenmore. It's very light and easy to move, and I think it does a good job.

Amy

Dragongirlx
09-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Another vote for a dyson here. We have had ours for over 5 years and it can still deal with anything.

Ms. Mode
09-24-2010, 07:36 AM
We are using a Kirby that is well over 20 years old.

The only bagless machines I have used are at work, we replace them every 2 years. I don't see myself every buying one for my home. The filter has to be taken out and cleaned regularly...at least with my bag machine it only takes me a minute. :)

DizneyRox
09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a hand me down canister vacuum by Kenmore. It's very light and easy to move, and I think it does a good job.

Amy
If you had the chance to run a Dyson over an area you just cleaned with that Kenmore, you would be amazed at what's still sitting in the rug.

We thought the same thing, our vacuum died at the old house, got a Dyson and were disgusted at what the rugs actually had in them still. I noticed that the Dyson is harder to move around as the suction actually makes the head of the vacuum "stick" to the rug, causing more friction and making it harder to move. That's not a bad thing.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-24-2010, 09:17 AM
We have a dyson, and two golden retrievers. It's amazing all of the hair that it picks up.

cajunprincess
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Another vote for Dyson here. We LOVE ours. We have 4 adults, 3 kids, and a bunny in our house and it is the most awesome thing ever!:number1:

disneymom15
09-24-2010, 10:00 AM
My next vac will be a Dyson. Right now I have an Oreck and it's on it's last leg. I've heard only rave reviews on the Dyson.

NokOnHarts
09-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Did a lot of research when we needed a new one a few months back - ended up going with a refurbished Dyson. I have not regretted it! Much less expensive than buying new and works just as great. Less of a warranty than a new vacuum but I figure you'll know pretty quick whether you like it or how it's working. I've been very happy with it.

Tink1
09-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Another Dyson here. I used to have a Fantom Bagless and while its suction was good, emptying it was a pain.

With the Dyson, it empties from the bottom of the canister via a trap door type thing. You hold it in the garbage can, pull the trigger, the bottom opens and the dirt drops out. Really easy and neat!

Nanc

cer
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
For those who have gone bagless, can I ask a question? When you empty a bagless canister into the garbage, doesn't the dust removed during the vacuuming process reenter the air? I think I actually prefer bags. I have a hand me down canister vacuum by Kenmore. It's very light and easy to move, and I think it does a good job.

Amy

We empty ours into the big trash can outside.

garymacd
09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
We have been married almost 30 years, and in that time we have only had two vacuums. Both were/are Electrolux canister vacuums. We actually gave the old one away. It still worked!

We had the current one serviced not long ago. The service man said he would sell us a new one, but we didn't need one.

Emme&TeddysMommy
09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
We love our Dyson animal. We have had it for 7+ years and it still works like the very first time we took it out of the box.

I know this is a bit off subject, but has anyone seen the dyson hand dryers in down town Disney. I want one 12 seconds and your hands are bone dry. :cloud9:

brownie
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
For those who have gone bagless, can I ask a question? When you empty a bagless canister into the garbage, doesn't the dust removed during the vacuuming process reenter the air?

I love our Dirt Devil bagless vacuum. I take the canister outside to empty it into our trash can. It can release dust into the air (gotta watch those windy days!) so you don't want to empty it inside the house.

cer
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
We love our Dyson animal. We have had it for 7+ years and it still works like the very first time we took it out of the box.

I know this is a bit off subject, but has anyone seen the dyson hand dryers in down town Disney. I want one 12 seconds and your hands are bone dry. :cloud9:

Dyson hand dryers rock! :mickey:

brownie
09-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Dyson hand dryers rock! :mickey:

I think they are okay; they always seem to take several "squeegees" to really dry my hands.

DisneyDog
09-29-2010, 07:48 PM
We used to have an Oreck when we moved into our house almost 6 years ago. The carpet was bright red and original to the house (early 1970s). We had, at the time, two Pembroke Welsh Corgis, and they shed A LOT. By the end of the first week in the house, the red carpet looked like a fur coat. I tried and tried to vacuum that carpet with the Oreck and it did NOTHING. We went out and bought a Dyson and it cleaned up everything. The ugly carpet looked brand new.

I did eventually take up the carpet to reveal beautiful wood floors. The Dyson has a hard floor setting and does not scratch floors. I love it so much! And, the hose attachment for cleaning stairs is wonderful. It reaches all the way to my second floor without moving the vacuum cleaner!

jrkcr
10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
We recently bought an Oreck. 100$ at Target. We named him Eric the Oreck.:blush:
I hope to replace the downstairs carpets with hard wood in the next few years, so until then I am using the easiest machine to haul!
I have a bad shoulder, so weight was a big factor. Oreck is very light, easy to push, and carry up and down the stairs.
I think it cleans well. I have 5 cats and a big dog, so as long as I don't have hair laying around, I am happy. I vacuum 2 or 3 times a week, and so far my shoulder isn't any worse than usual.

Disney Doll
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Dyson for me! We have mostly hard floors, but we have 4 cats so there is plenty of pet hair on the hard floors and on the rugs. We got a Dyson canister and I love it!!! We had a hand me down Kirby before and it was also great, but way more expensive than the Dyson.