PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef All Stars

coloradowendyl
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Top Chef announced an All Stars Show starting Dec.1 last night. The cast looks really good to me!

• Elia Aboumrad, season two (final four)
• Stephen Asprinio, season one (top five)
• Richard Blais, season four (finalist)
• Jennifer Carroll, season six (final four)
• Tiffany Derry, season seven (top five)
• Tiffani Faison, season one (finalist)
• Carla Hal, season five (finalist)
• Mike Isabella, season six (top seven)
• Jamie Lauren, season five (top seven)
• Dale Levitski, season three (finalist)
• Antonia Lofaso, season four (final four)
• Spike Mendelsohn, season four (top five)
• Angelo Sosa, season seven (finalist)
• Dale Talde, season four (top six)
• Casey Thompson, season three (finalist and fan favorite)
• Marcel Vigneron, season two (finalist)
• Fabio Viviani, season five (final four and fan favorite)
• Tre Wilcox, season three (top eight)

Wendy

Melanie
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the list! I fell asleep before the end of the reunion last night and missed the announcement of who would be on.

coloradowendyl
09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Hard to pick a favorite because I liked so many of them! I think we are going to see some serious cooking on this show.

I wonder if they will have a new twist on Restaurant Wars seeing that all of them have already done it once?

Angelo vs Fabio's...now that will be a match!

Melanie
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes, Angelo v. Fabio will be fun!

I didn't watch seasons 1-3, so those folks will all be new to me. I've seen a few of them on seasons since though (like Marcel maybe?).

Why no past winners though? Did they explain that?

PirateLover
09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Mel, they said they wanted to give a second chance to the also-rans. They are all contestants who made the finale or were eliminated close to the end.

I am very happy to see Fabio back again :heart:

Niecyboo
09-24-2010, 07:48 AM
I wonder if Fabio has a clause....No Bunky beds.

The cooking will be great, but I just can't wait to hear more funnies from Fabio.

I'm going to have a hard time picking a favorite. Everyone that I've ever been sad to see leave is back.

Melanie
09-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Mel, they said they wanted to give a second chance to the also-rans. They are all contestants who made the finale or were eliminated close to the end.

Makes sense.

I'm glad to see Fabio back as well, and not Stefan!

elmjimmlm
09-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Isn't Tre the one that held Marcel down and tried to shave his head? If it is then I want to see to two of them together again and watch Marcel squirm...

laprana
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Yay! Can't wait for this to start! :yay: Looks to be an excellent cast, and I'm especially glad to see Fabio and Carla from season 5, Jennifer from season 6, and Tiffany from season 7!

tinkwest
09-24-2010, 11:37 AM
No! Not Marcel! He is my least favorite of ALL contestants in ALL seasons so far.

Still should be great fun. The interaction between all of these strong players should keep the show very interesting.

coloradowendyl
09-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Mike Isabella vs Angelo especially considering he was one of the judges this past season as was Spike Mendelson.

Dale will be interesting as well. I wonder how his temper issues will be.

Dopey's Girl
09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm so excited to see this! Top Chef is the only 'reality' show that I watch, so having this group back in one show together, sounds like so much fun! Can't wait!

mainemajor
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Should be a lot of fun.

murphy1
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Would love to see a show of all the past winners--from Harold on up (was not crazy about Hosea, I don't think a lot of people were). Love Fabio!! Marcel is just a bunch of foam that's all I remember about him

Melanie
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Woohoo - starts tonight! :chef:

I'm more than ready. Just Desserts didn't do it for me.

coloradowendyl
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM
DVR is set in this house!

laprana
12-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I really liked last nights show! I think it's going to be a really good season. I was a little surprised at how sensitive Fabio was at the judges' criticism, but he's still one I'm rooting for, along with Carla, Jen, and Tiffany (season 7)! So glad Top Chef is back! Yay! :D

Melanie
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I LOVE the HUGE personalities that are back. I think this is going to be a great season. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the show last night.

lynnek
12-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Loved watching this last night!!! How many egos can you fit in one kitchen??! The challenge was cool too. I had to pause it trying to remember which dish each of the contestants was eliminated for. I can't remember the chefs' name, but I was seriously trying ot figure out how he made scallops and butterscotch work!! The judges seemed happy with that one.

Melanie
12-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I can't remember the chefs' name, but I was seriously trying ot figure out how he made scallops and butterscotch work!! The judges seemed happy with that one.

Spike. He seems a bit more calm this go round. Of course, it's early.

I also found myself rooting for Angelo. I warmed to him more towards the end last season.

coloradowendyl
12-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Love Love Love Anthony Bourdain!

I would love to see Antonia do well! However, I am really waiting for the Fabio, Mike Isabella, Angelo ego clash lol! You know it is coming!

Marcel and that first Tiffani I find extremely annoying and Steven as well.

Wendy

JanetMegan
12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Actually Spike had the frozen scallops and I think it was Dale who had the butterscotch ones? I'm 3/4 done with the first episode but (I know this is so wrong) I haven't finished the DC season yet (on the DVR) so it was weird to hear about Angelo not making it to the finals last time b/c he got sick when I hadn't seen it yet. I love it when reality shows do All Star stuff cause you don't have to re-learn all new people =)

TheDuckRocks
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Carla, you go girl, have always loved her.

mainemajor
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Carla, you go girl, have always loved her.

Hootie

laprana
12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Hootie

Hoo!

:D

laprana
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I was bummed to see Jen go, but the way she was acting last night, I'm not sure I would have liked her as much this season as the first time around! What an attitude!

I understand why Jamie wanted to leave to go get stitches, but I also agree with the other chefs who said she should have taped up her thumb and stuck it out until the end of the task. I wasn't surprised that she left, though, because she seems to have an "I'm better than everyone" attitude and doesn't seem to be much of a team player at all, which is how I remember her from her first season.

Still rooting for Carla, Fabio, and Tiffany! :thumbsup:

Melanie
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
WOW! :jaw:

Very entertaining episode though.

lynnek
12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Ditto, Melanie!! And I thought the egos were strong at the beginning!!!!!

Melanie
12-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Ditto, Melanie!! And I thought the egos were strong at the beginning!!!!!

Of course, this may open up Eric Ripert doing a few guest judging spots, since he couldn't before with Jen being on his staff now. I like him!

I liked Jen on her season, but wow, her ego has just shot through the roof apparently since then. I do try and remember though that at the point of her breakdown, they were going on no sleep for 24+ hours and were under a lot of pressure. Plus the whole Jamie incident.

lynnek
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I found it interesting when Jamie and Jennifer paired up--Jamie was eliminated from her season preparing an Eric dish and really slamming it. Then had to make it again this season, same thing. Love the 100th episode of No Reservations with Eric and Anthony Bourdain in Paris--too funny!

PirateLover
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I did not like Jenn's attitude at all, although I agree it made for great TV. I thought it was interesting how team T REX thought they'd have access to everything. Tom clearly said they'd be cooking with meat and dairy. Dum dums!
It was a pretty odd twist for me that they were in the Museum of Natural History. My husband and I were slated to go there this past Saturday on a day trip to NYC but got a late start and figured we wouldn't have enough time to do everything we wanted there so we went to the Central Park Zoo. We're planning to go back in the spring and spend the whole day there.

Melanie
02-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Buuuumer! I was enjoying Dale this time around. With him gone, I think Blais is set for the win. Hopefully it will be Carla or Antonia though.

Carol
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I think Richard too, Mel - but Antonia has really done well this season. :)

Niecyboo
02-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Carla has been worrying me the last few weeks! I will be happy with her, Richard or Antonia winning. I miss Fabio, but only for his accent...not his cooking. LOL.

PirateLover
03-31-2011, 11:14 PM
Congrats Richard!!! I really thought they were going to give it to Mike. These last few episodes have been great. My mouth has been watering so much watching them!!! While Mike obviously cooked his heart out, he still rubs me the wrong way. He was slightly more tolerable than the first time around but I'm glad Richard won. It was a fun season. Top Chef Masters looks good too. I like that they are changing hosts, and going to the typical Top Chef format versus the heats that they did in prior seasons.