PDA

View Full Version : Party for the Senses if I don't drink alcohol?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm guessing that as much as I like to eat and try new foods, that paying $135 to attend the Party for the Senses wouldn't be such a good deal if I don't drink alcohol. Can anyone who has attended in the past give an opinion on this? Is the food alone worth the price?

Thanks!!

SallyP
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Wendy, that 's a tough call. I can tell you that the food is the main star of the PftS. Most of the wines poured are good, few are very good and they don't pour very much at each station. We find ourselves enjoying the food (types, flavors and presentations) more than the wine. There is usually a huge cheese selection and dessert/chocolate selection also. Value for the money? At Disney? Probably not. Value for the one of a kind experience. Yes.

Loweschevy
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
We did the Party For the Senses a few years ago and I also do not drink alcohol. There are so many dishes to try and it is of course unlimited too. I believe there were about 15 dishes, plus the cheese and dessert tables SallyP mentioned.

Do I feel a bit cheaped out... yes, but on the other hand the other two in the party drank their fair share of wine. I felt that for the experience and types of food offered it was worth the hefty price tag.

Disoriented
09-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I don’t drink nor do I eat red meat and I will be attending my sixth Party for the Senses this October. The party is one of the highlights of our F & W trips.

As far as being worth it, only you can decide that. From a practical stand point there is not any way that it can be. I don’t think anyone can eat $135 worth of food. But it is a festive atmosphere and from my observations, all the people that I have seen at the previous parties have been having a great time. If it’s not a stretch financially give it a try, you may just find yourself having a fun evening, and if not, you can say you’ve been there, done that and I’m not going back. But you’ll never know unless you try it.