PDA

View Full Version : traveling with cpap

beksy
09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
This will be our first time flying with mom's cpap. Is there anything special we need to do? Thanks!

Disney4us2
09-24-2010, 09:41 AM
My brother traveled with a Cpap machine to WDW last year. I will ask him later today how he traveled with it. I would think you bring it on board as a medical device and not check it with the baggage.

Suz36
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
We've flown with my son's nebulizer, which would be similar. We always have it in our carry-on, and security does usually take it out to inspect it, but we've never had a problem.

Disney4us2
09-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Just talked with my brother. He took his as a carry on medical device. It didn't count as a carry on. He had no problems last year or this year when they went to England/Scotland.

crazydiamondd1
09-30-2010, 09:22 PM
I have travelled with mine a few times, always as carry-on. I think that I was told to take it as carry on and not to pack it. I kept it in its own case, and as mentioned above it did not count as a piece of carry on luggage. Security always inspects it, it goes through the x-ray and then thhey do a secondary inspection which usually just consists of a swab they take of the outside and then scan (for chemical/radiation, I think). It only takes a minute, and is no big deal.