PDA

View Full Version : Southwest return flight check in

dizne4me
09-23-2010, 07:28 AM
This may be a dumb question - but here goes --
I am flying Southwest - my question is on the return flight home - Can I do airline check in at the hotel before we leave and leave my luggage with them to take to the airport or do I have to take it with me on DME and go to the ticket counter and baggage security at the airport?

faline
09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Southwest is now a participating airline which means you can check your luggage at the resort and will only need to bring your carry-on luggage with you on the bus. You can use this service on the way from your resort to the airport even if you are not using Magical Express to get to the airport.

On the way from the airport to your resort, you must be using Magical Express in order for your luggage to be transported. In this case, it also does not matter which airline you use.

beksy
09-23-2010, 08:34 AM
This is great news!

vicster
09-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Your resort will also now pull your boarding pass for Southwest 24 hrs. in advance. Just did it last week and what a great convenience. We had a late flight home Friday nite so we checked our luggage in with Bell Services after checkout and got in a little more time at Epcot.

BigRedDad
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Your resort will also now pull your boarding pass for Southwest 24 hrs. in advance.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what do you mean by this? can you provide more details?

vicster
09-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what do you mean by this? can you provide more details?

With Southwest Airlines you can check in online 24 hrs. prior to your flight and print out your boarding pass. Exactly 24 hrs. before our flight we had the concierge pull our boarding pass. We've always gotten "A" boarding checking in online and a better boarding position.

CleveRocks
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
At the present time, guests staying at Old Key West and at Caribbean Beach Resort who are flying home on Southwest are NOT eligible to use Resort Airline Check-in.

BigRedDad
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
OK, I am onboard now. I wanted to be sure there was not a new service where you give them the online boarding details that they do it for you. I will just check-in 24 hours ahead and when I get back to Pop, have them print out the boarding passes for us.

John
09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
OK, I am onboard now. I wanted to be sure there was not a new service where you give them the online boarding details that they do it for you. I will just check-in 24 hours ahead and when I get back to Pop, have them print out the boarding passes for us.

You also can check in online - then go to the airport and at any boarding pass kiosk, print your pass there... I do that all the time rather than trying to get someone at a hotel to print it for me. All that matters to me is that I am checked in on Southwest and have an A or early B boarding number ;)

2Epcot
09-23-2010, 10:49 AM
You also can check in online - then go to the airport and at any boarding pass kiosk, print your pass there... I do that all the time rather than trying to get someone at a hotel to print it for me. All that matters to me is that I am checked in on Southwest and have an A or early B boarding number ;)

I do the same thing when I'm traveling. I will check in online using my smart phone then just print it out when I get to the airport.

Mitzie
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Last fall we even went to guest services at AK park and they were able to print the boarding passes out for us since our 24 hour mark came up while we were in the park.

faline
09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Last fall we even went to guest services at AK park and they were able to print the boarding passes out for us since our 24 hour mark came up while we were in the park.

Guest services at any of the parks or the Concierge Desk at any of the resorts will do this. Just be sure you have your flight information - including confirmation number and are within your 24 hour window.