PDA

View Full Version : Glee - Season 2

Melanie
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I thought it was a great start to the new season.

I like Sam! Artie's Justin Bieber hair joke was right on though. :funny:

I guess I've been living under a rock because I've never heard of Charice before this (I don't watch Oprah), but that girl has some serious chops. Wow!

And that fight between Quinn and Santana? That was no typical catfight. Yikes!

I could really care less about Britney Spears, so I hope next week is still a good one story-wise. I'm just so glad Glee is back!

Joannelet
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
I loved it! Can't wait for more! :)
Was that girl on Oprah? I don't watch Oprah either so I have no idea. She is GREAT!

Dopey's Girl
09-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I was so happy last night! I have been watching my Season 1 DVD just to get my fix!

I loved the boy's version of Billionaire! I can tell I'm going to go broke on iTunes!

Melanie
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Was that girl on Oprah? I don't watch Oprah either so I have no idea. She is GREAT!

I looked her up today and I guess Oprah was the one who got her started in the US, and hooked her up with producer David Foster.

Carol
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
She's been on Oprah a few times. Most recently as a follow up to her original appearance and to be surprised by Celine Dion. (I watch Oprah. :D )

Love Glee. The new coach is scary. :hide2:

Joannelet
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
LOL Beast!!!

DisneyPrincess21
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
LOL Beast!!!

It's Coach Beiste "It's French" :D LOL

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
DD LOVES Glee, so our house is quite happy its back.

Loved the first episode, hope they can keep it up :thumbsup:

citizensnoopy
09-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Thought it was a great opener for the second season! I love how it introduced competition for both Rachel (singing) and Finn (new quarterback). I'm excited about the Britney Spears episode! :)

PirateLover
09-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I liked it! I could do without ever having to cringe through Artie rapping again though. I don't get why they give him rap parts... can he not sing normal songs well? It just makes me cringe when he puts the urban flair into his voice and starts doing the hand gestures and stuff. I never heard of Charise until she got the Glee gig and then supposedly got botox:confused: She was really good though. Sue had great lines as always.

MNNHFLTX
09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
I like Coach Bieste--I think she'll give Sue a run for her money! My husband was convinced at first that the actor playing her was really a guy (he thought she looked a bit like Kurt Russell, lol!), but after looking it up on the internet, I found out that her real name is Dot-Marie Jones and she has a very interesting background (including stints as a prison guard and as a competitor on an American Gladiator-type show).

I had never heard of Charice either, but she was fantastic. I wonder how they're going to play her into the storyline for the rest of the season, now that she's singing for Vocal Adrenaline.

BTW--I saw Kristin Chenoweth on Regis and Kelly yesterday and she said she was coming back on the show for an episode. Can't wait!

2Epcot
09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I really enjoy this show. They've been shooting at least parts of some of the episodes at the high school across the street from where I work. Bringing in some new characters keeps the show fresh.

missymouseworld
09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
I like Coach Bieste--I think she'll give Sue a run for her money! My husband was convinced at first that the actor playing her was really a guy (he thought she looked a bit like Kurt Russell, lol!),

Funny, when she came on my husband said she was the "old" coach with a CHANGE. I laughed at him and said no way, but others thought she was different also I guess.

BellesRose
09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Funny, when she came on my husband said she was the "old" coach with a CHANGE. I laughed at him and said no way, but others thought she was different also I guess.
I've heard a lot of people thinking the same thing. I just wonder why the original coach didn't return.

For those of you who had kids who watched the Disney Channel, Coach Beiste was the gym coach from Lizzie McGuire! I was happy to see her for the first time in years (I'm still a huge Lizzie fan!)

I loved Charice. Girl can sing! Also love the new boy (Don't remember his name) and I think I'm going to download Billionaire even though I promised myself I wouldn't spend another $50 on iTunes like I did last season!

White Rose
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Did you see on iTunes where you can purchase the ENTIRE set of songs from Season 1 of Glee? At first, it was $79, but it went up to $99. I came VERY close to buying it.

I did like the first episode very much, but I'm hoping to also see a bit more of Kurt. He's probably my favorite character!

BellesRose
09-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Did you see on iTunes where you can purchase the ENTIRE set of songs from Season 1 of Glee? At first, it was $79, but it went up to $99. I came VERY close to buying it.
Unfortunately, I paid for them individually and then my friend got them from the CD's from the library. We essentially have the same songs, but hers were free. So I'm trying to avoid buying the new seasons until the CD's come out.

Forgot to add, I loved seeing Becky again! She's just so cute!!

DisneyPrincess21
09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Forgot to add, I loved seeing Becky again! She's just so cute!!

I know! She is so sweet. I love the tender part of Sue it brings out when she is with her sister and Becky. It helps you not to dislike her so much for all of her other antics.

JanetMegan
09-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I bought all of the cds as they came out, does this set have the songs that were on the show but not on the original 5 or so cds I have already purchased? ;)

Melanie
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Gwyneth Paltrow? I wish they'd lay off the celeb casting a bit.

MNNHFLTX
09-28-2010, 03:00 PM

That's been my concern this season too. I think appearing on Glee has become a bit too trendy in Hollywood. :shake:

PirateLover
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
UGH. Most of that episode was garbage IMO. Loved seeing John Stamos, but the whole "Let's get high on anesthesia and recreate Britney Spears music videos" was such an unimaginative cop out. They didn't change the songs at all, it was just like karaoke. MTV used to have a Faking the Video show where superfans could re-make a video from their favorite artist, and that's what it felt like. Just lazy writing in my opinion, and they even referenced in the show that it made no sense-so why do it? This isn't why people fell in love with the show. The Toxic number was great and from there on out it was back to the show we know and love, and Rachel singing the Paramore song at the end was great. I'm really disappointed though.

Melanie
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. I was just thinking I was old. Terrible....TERRIBLE!!!!

But next week...Puck singing Billy Joel? :heart:

DisneyPrincess21
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
But next week...Puck singing Billy Joel? :heart:

I love Puck :heart: My favorites last season were when he sang Sweet Caroline & Beth.

NotaGeek
09-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Sorry guys -- I LOVED tonight's episode! But, I love me some Britney -- and Cheerleader Brittany S. Pearce is REALLY talented. WOW.

2Epcot
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
That's been my concern this season too. I think appearing on Glee has become a bit too trendy in Hollywood. :shake:

The same thing happened when Friends was on the air, and with Ugly Betty.

Sorry guys -- I LOVED tonight's episode! But, I love me some Britney -- and Cheerleader Brittany S. Pearce is REALLY talented. WOW.

Though I love all music, Pop music has always been one of my two favorite types, so I can't complain about Britney Spears music.

The girl who plays Brittany the cheerleader was a backup dancer for Beyonce, and I read was hired first as a choreographer for the show.

VWL Mom
09-29-2010, 07:10 AM

Gwyneth's appearance is in exchange for use of Coldplay songs. You can use our song but so and so has to get a spot on your show....probably the same with Spears.

UGH. Most of that episode was garbage IMO. Loved seeing John Stamos, but the whole "Let's get high on anesthesia and recreate Britney Spears music videos" was such an unimaginative cop out.

Glad I'm not the only one. I was just thinking I was old. Terrible....TERRIBLE!!!!

:ditto:

laprana
09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I have to agree, I was a little disappointed in last night's episode. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that! It's not that I didn't like the music...the whole episode was just weird. I kept asking questions like, "Ok, is Artie at the dentist now? What's going on?" :blush:

I thought cheerleader Brittney was excellent. She hasn't had a prominent role in any of the episodes yet, and this one really showed her talent as a singer and dancer (and she's pretty funny!)

This wasn't my favorite episode, but I'm still a total Gleek and am looking forward to the rest of the season!

SBETigg
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I didn't mind it so much, but it was a plot-lite episode. I'm looking forward to more Kurt. Was very glad to see some other characters get the spotlight. Brittany the cheerleader was amazing, plus her character always makes me smile. She does the deadpan ditz role so well. Also loved that they added John Stamos to the cast, for whatever short time he will be there.

Joannelet
09-29-2010, 11:32 AM
The best line last night was "you wear more vests than the cast of Blossom."

That was HYSTERICAL!!!

DisneyPrincess21
09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
The best line last night was "you wear more vests than the cast of Blossom."

That was HYSTERICAL!!!

:ditto:I thought the same thing

JanetMegan
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I watched last night and have to say I actually liked the episode a lot ;) The first number was really good, Brit the cheerleader did a great job with the dancing, costume changes etc.

MNNHFLTX
09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I had mixed feelings about this show. I really liked the Brittany dance sequences--she is obviously got a huge talent and has been under-utilized until now. Plus her character is hilarious! I thought the pep rally was ridiculous though, as was the scene with that kid Jacob in the library. :shake:

On the plus side, it appears that Sue is backing off on the hair insults to Will this season. :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought the pep rally was ridiculous though, :shake:

:ditto: It just a brittney spears song people, calm down. Geesh! :shake: :rolleyes:

DisneyPrincess21
09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
but the whole "Let's get high on anesthesia and recreate Britney Spears music videos" was such an unimaginative cop out.

And did anyone else wonder why in the world everyone had to go under anesthesia for a routine exam? What kind of teeth problems do all of these people have?!? :D

TiggeRia
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
I wasn't too fond of this weeks episode--although I'm not a huge fan of Britney Spears' music. There were a few good moments and I did like that Brittney (cheerleader) was able to take a little more of the spotlight. Previews for next week looked pretty good though!!

brivers222
10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Brittany is awesome.... "Are you a cat?"

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I am surprised that no one has posted anything this morning. :)

It was a different kind of episode last night, for sure, but I thought it was very moving. I think my favorite scene was Mercedes singing at church with her choir. And Kurt's rendition of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was sweet. It was a bit of a gross-out, though, to see Finn eat the rest of his grilled cheese sandwich (after how many days??)

Melanie
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
That was such a Finn thing to do, I think. He's not the brightest. LOL!

It was a really heavy episode, but I enjoyed it. And a Yentl song? Never thought I'd hear that anywhere, much less on Glee. And as predicted, I loved Puck's "Only the Good Die Young".

SBETigg
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Haven't posted on this yet, because I couldn't get on Intercot all morning for some reason. Loved this episode! Kurt, yay! It was sweet, touching, and thoughtful with lots of great songs and an actual storyline with characterization. I think they bring out the emmy-potential scripts when they focus on Kurt and the softer side of Sue. Well done. Finn with Grilled Cheesus was a great touch. But yeah, eating it after all that... but could it end any other way?

VWL Mom
10-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I thought Finn praying to "Grilled Cheezus" was pretty funny, he was so serious about it!

DisneyDog
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I have never watched the show, but I've met the guy who wrote the song "One of Us" and I'm facebook friends with him, and he was just thrilled as anything that the song was used in the show. I heard it on youtube this morning, and it sounded like they did a beautiful job with it. Yay Eric Bazilian!!

exvagirl
10-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Last nights episode was the first one I've ever seen :blush: I know...I can't stop thinking about grilled cheesus!!!! too funny. Definitely one of my new favorite shows!!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
II heard it on youtube this morning, and it sounded like they did a beautiful job with it. Yay Eric Bazilian!!

Is he the one from The Hooters? One of my friends was a big fan.

lettripp
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I really enjoyed the episode :-) My only complaint is Puck's Billy Joel was one of the most auto-tuned tracks I've heard yet and it made me sad. Other than that, I thought this episode had some of the best music of the series!!

SBETigg
10-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I really enjoyed the episode :-) My only complaint is Puck's Billy Joel was one of the most auto-tuned tracks I've heard yet and it made me sad. Other than that, I thought this episode had some of the best music of the series!!

My daughter said the same thing. I didn't notice it but she always picks up on the auto-tune.

JanetMegan
10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I watched this last night on the DVR and was cracking up-so irreverent yet so hysterical, with really a good overall message by the end. The scenes with Sue and her sister always choke me up. And wow a Yentl song, one of my favorites as well!! The whole episode was chock full of music...

laprana
10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I loved this week's episode...it was pretty heavy, but they managed to pull it off well without making it preachy. The grilled cheesus was hysterical, but the storyline with Kurt and his dad was really touching and emotional. I teared up when Kurt was in church (wearing his fabulous hat :D) and the lady next to him grabbed his hand while Mercedes was singing. And I really love the 2 sides of Sue - harsh and critical of everyone (and hysterical), but caring and vulnerable with her sister.

Melanie
10-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I just watched this week's episode again, and I liked it way better the second time. I'm actually starting to like Sue, a little.

VWL Mom
10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
For some reason this episode was the first time I really noticed the pianist. He did a great job with Billy Joel.

White Rose
10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I have to say, I really did enjoy this week's episode. I thought they did a good job of presenting both points of view on the subject. I also adored Sue this week--it was nice to see her talk very seriously and non-condescendingly about her lack of belief.

Kurt is my absolute favorite character, so I was happy to have the episode focused on him this week, even if for sad reasons. I also enjoyed the focus they had a bit more on the minor characters--Rachel wasn't quite as prominent in this week's. I do like her (I know a lot of people don't), but it was nice to see her have a more minor role.

I also have to comment on Chris Colfer's (Kurt) acting abilities. That boy has NO previous professional acting experience and he's just...amazing. I sincerely hope/pray (maybe to grilled Cheesus? ;) ) that he gets an Emmy nod for this episode. The same goes for Mike O'Malley (Burt/Kurt's father). Who would've thought that the guy from "Yes, Dear" would be such a fantastic actor?!

DisneyPrincess21
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
The same goes for Mike O'Malley (Burt/Kurt's father). Who would've thought that the guy from "Yes, Dear" would be such a fantastic actor?!

I more fondly remember him from GUTS w/"Mike Ooooooo Mallllleeeeeyyyyy, Dododo do ya have it? GUTS!" :D

JanetMegan
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
I also have to comment on Chris Colfer's (Kurt) acting abilities. That boy has NO previous professional acting experience and he's just...amazing. I sincerely hope/pray (maybe to grilled Cheesus? ;) )

Sorry but I'm :silly:

DisneyDog
10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Yup, Sherrie, Eric is one of the Hooters. They have a new CD that just came out, so tell your friend :)

BellesRose
10-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I'll be honest, as a Christian - I didn't like it. However, I did think that was some of the best acting I had seen on the show to date! :thumbsup:

Joannelet
10-12-2010, 09:06 PM
"I've been practicing nudging a meatball across the table with my nose!!" LOL
Loved the Disney reference from tonights episode!!! :)

BellesRose
10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Oooh I haven't seen it yet but it sounds hilarious!

Melanie
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM

I like Brittany, but I think I like her in smaller doses.

citizensnoopy
10-13-2010, 01:34 AM
I may be in the minority, but I am SUPER excited about the Rocky Horror episode in two weeks! I think it will be hilarious. Sam actually reminded me of Rocky when I first saw him. :D

NotaGeek
10-13-2010, 01:48 AM
WOW. The duets episode was awesome. Kurt and Rachel's Happy Days are Here Again was fab -- as was River Deep Mountain High... :clappy:

Joannelet
10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
I like Brittany, but I think I like her in smaller doses.

I agree Melanie-small doses. There was a lot of her tonight but that was my favorite part!

JanetMegan
10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
I loved the episode, super packed with music, but...there were a couple moments my slightly more conservative mom will not enjoy...

Melanie
10-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Wherefore art thou Puck?

So glad he'll be back next week!

SBETigg
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I liked but didn't love the Rocky Horror episode. I was really looking forward to it, but it was another one of those contrived, all about the music/staging shows. Of course, it was still a lot of fun.

Kenny1113
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I liked the rocky horror glee show. When I saw the previews I was afraid they would butcher it(I love rocky horror and have fond memories in the theater :blush:). I have not been too impressed with this season. I was impressed. I agree I thought it was fun.

JanetMegan
10-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I was dancing around the living room-I too have a soft spot for Rocky Horror (I think it has something to do with being named Janet!) I too was worried they might butcher it and a couple of things rubbed me the wrong way but overall I really liked it-some great great Sue moments from last night too!

PirateLover
10-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I enjoyed it! I thought it was much better than the Britney episode because it actually advanced the plot a little bit and they worked the songs into the show in a variety of ways. Who can resist John Stamos bopping around? ;) and Becky- "give me some chocolate or I'll cut you!" the Time Warp number was great. I too have some fond Rocky Horror memories and I think they did a good job.

PirateLover
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh, and how about the cameos from Meat Loaf and Barry Bostwick! Awesome.

MNNHFLTX
10-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I liked the rocky horror glee show. When I saw the previews I was afraid they would butcher it(I love rocky horror and have fond memories in the theater :blush:). I have not been too impressed with this season. I was impressed. I agree I thought it was fun.My exact sentiments. I was a little worried that it would be way overdone and little more than a parody of the original. But the performances were very well done and all the characters got to shine. And they managed to weave the songs into the storyline in a clever way too.

On a side note, does anyone else think it's a weak excuse for Puck to be absent because he's in a juvenile detention center? In keeping with the storyline and most schools' policies, that would make him ineligible to play football (or probably even participate in the Glee club). Anyway, I've heard that actor playing him has been having some legal issues with the show. But it seems to me they could have explained his absence another way.

Kenny1113
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I was dancing around the living room-I too have a soft spot for Rocky Horror (I think it has something to do with being named Janet!) ...
I wanted to jump up and do the Time Warp!!! Haha

Oh, and how about the cameos from Meat Loaf and Barry Bostwick! Awesome.

Agreed! I had to do a double take! I thought it was great

Granny Jill A
10-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I wanted to jump up and do the Time Warp!!! Haha

I did! Wasn't Chris Colfer great as Riff-Raff?
And those abs on Matthew Morrison? That steamy duo with Jayma - whew!
Everyone was awesome.

More singing and less Sue Sylvester drama, please.

Mousefever
10-30-2010, 03:31 PM
And those abs on Matthew Morrison? That steamy duo with Jayma - whew!
Everyone was awesome.

More singing and less Sue Sylvester drama, please.

I agree about the steamy duet. Had we ever heard Emma sing before?

I actually look forward to the Sue Sylvester moments on the show. Jane Lynch is so clever and funny. I've loved her ever since "Best In Show" and "A Mighty Wind".

Amy

PirateLover
10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree about the steamy duet. Had we ever heard Emma sing before?

She sang "I Could've Danced All Night" and one or two other songs with Will last season.

Granny Jill A
11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I actually look forward to the Sue Sylvester moments on the show. Jane Lynch is so clever and funny. I've loved her ever since "Best In Show" and "A Mighty Wind".

Amy

I loved Jane in those two movies as well, but sometimes I just get TIRED of her being such a you-know-what all the time. I enjoyed her touching performance with her sister, and her mini-me student, Becky, is a hoot.

More humanity from Jane once in a while would be welcome.

White Rose
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Holy snickers. That was one intense episode. I have to say I greatly enjoyed it and I think they're moving along the story line quite nicely. I love Blaine! How goes it for everyone else?

SBETigg
11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I am so bummed! My Fox affiliate had technical issues last night and didn't get them fixed until late in the evening- no Glee for me. :( I'll try to catch it online this morning. I love it when they focus on Kurt.

MNNHFLTX
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
As far as the musical performances last night, I didn't like the girls' mash-up, partly because of Lea Michele. I wish someone would tell this girl to tone down the facial expressions a bit. Lately she looks like she is passing a kidney stone when she sings.

The boys' mash-up was better. But I really liked the a cappella "Teenage Dream" performance (and that's saying something as I am kind of sick of that song!) And Puck and Artie's "One Love" song was nice. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
As far as the musical performances last night, I didn't like the girls' mash-up, partly because of Lea Michele. I wish someone would tell this girl to tone down the facial expressions a bit. Lately she looks like she is passing a kidney stone when she sings.

The boys' mash-up was better. But I really liked the a cappella "Teenage Dream" performance (and that's saying something as I am kind of sick of that song!) And Puck and Artie's "One Love" song was nice. :thumbsup:

I got to watch with the sound! I am with you, Beth, on everything you said. I did like that this week's show had some plot development and emotion. Well done overall.

NotaGeek
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Does anyone else think that Puck looks like he's 40 years old all of a sudden?

It was a pretty nice night without Lea Michelle -- which is sad because I think she has an amazing voice and I have seen her sing live and she's BRILLIANT -- this is definitely a problem with stage performers that have to lipsynch -- they often times over do it.

Melanie
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
And Puck and Artie's "One Love" song was nice. :thumbsup:

I loved it. Always nice to hear Artie sing.

Joannelet
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Ditto!! and LOL at your Lea Michele comment! :)

Dopey's Girl
11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I loved last nights ep. It felt like Glee was back.

I liked Rocky Horror, but I'm not a huge fan, so it wasn't my favorite. I loved that Puck was back; 'One Love' is one of my favorite songs ever, and that was a great version. I love Blaine, he and Kurt make a cute couple. The stuff with Karofski was intense...never even considered that whole thing!

I agree about Lea Michelle. Her voice is amazing, but some times she's just too much. Loved the boy's mash-up...they were great!

I still love Sam and Quinn, he's just adorable!

Can't wait for next week!:party:

Kenny1113
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I agree about lea's faces as well. I think she has a great voice, I'm just sick of seeing her in the lead all the time because of her facial expressions.

I loved the makuly calkin (sp?) bit from sue! I was watching thinking "man this guy looks alot like Makuly calkin" then couple of minutes later she calls him a Makuly calkin stunt double. :D

White Rose
11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Eh, tonight's was just okay. Nothing overly spectacular--you could tell it was just a filler episode, which is to be expected. I did enjoy Gwyneth Paltrow's character--she was somewhat entertaining. I also greatly enjoyed the song at the end of the episode! Will definitely be downloading that unlikely mash-up.

Also, the guy with Kurt? Ugh, that gave me the creeps!

PirateLover
11-17-2010, 05:32 PM
As I mentioned in the other post about old movies, Singin' in the Rain is my all time favorite movie. Much like Will, it's my go-to rainy day/sick kind of movie. I LOVED Make Em Laugh. I was totally geeking out over it. And the mash up at the end was great. I did like the CeeLo song. I was underwhelmed by the Chicago dance number.

SBETigg
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
As I mentioned in the other post about old movies, Singin' in the Rain is my all time favorite movie. Much like Will, it's my go-to rainy day/sick kind of movie. I LOVED Make Em Laugh. I was totally geeking out over it. And the mash up at the end was great. I did like the CeeLo song. I was underwhelmed by the Chicago dance number.

I was completely distracted during the Chicago number because of Lea Michele's faces, and previous discussion of her faces that made it even harder to look away. :) I also love Singing in the Rain, and the mash at the end was interesting in theory but it didn't really work for me. I thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a much better job with Make Em Laugh when he hosted SNL, but it was still fun. I think Will can be a little creepy with the way he interacts with the kids sometimes, but I have no problem with the Kurt romance. In fact, I think it's sweet. The scene with Mercedes made me laugh.

Joannelet
11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I cracked up when Sue was holding up the broccoli and said when Britney saw it she cried because she thought Sue cut down a tree that belonged to a family of gummy bears LOL
I loved the Singing in The Rain at the end. It was a good episode.

JanetMegan
11-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I enjoyed the number at the end but other than that it was a bit of a snoozer episode for me. The Chicago dance number, performed by two people who really don't dance that well left me puzzled. The Make Em laugh I thought was cheesy and weird, I liked the CeLo (?) song but I had never heard of it before (I'm more a country girl.)

Overall I was eh.

MNNHFLTX
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
It was an okay show. Gwyneth Paltrow did well with her role, but she's not one of my favorite actors, so maybe that colored my perceptions a bit. I truly did not like the "Nowadays" from "Chicago". It looked awkward and unpolished. "Make Em Laugh" was okay, but what a strange number to put in the show. Felt bad for Mercedes, with Kirk being so insensitive to her, but I was glad they worked it out in the end. I agree that "Singing in the Rain" was great, but all I could think about was how unrealistic it would be that they could flood the stage of a school with water, lol!!

NotaGeek
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I LOVED the episode and i thought Gweneth was awesome -- her last few movies haven't been awesome -- but she was great. Loved the finale but I think that the production numbers are getting WAY far fetched for a school performance -- and do they have concerts every week? :confused:

I think Will performs WAY too often with the kids -- and Lea Michelle needs to really figure out the art of lip syncing. Maybe Britney Spears can come back.

Joannelet
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree that "Singing in the Rain" was great, but all I could think about was how unrealistic it would be that they could flood the stage of a school with water, lol!!

LOL I was thinking the SAME THING! :)

PirateLover
11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
At some point last season I just gave up getting caught up in all the "That could never happen" kind of stuff- like professional musicians showing up out of nowhere, always having the perfect set pieces/costumes/lighting whatever. Flooding the stage falls into that category for me, haha. I just sit back and enjoy.

And yeah, Make Em Laugh comes off cheesy because they pretty much stayed to the same routine that was in the movie, which came out in 1952 ;)

BellesRose
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
This was the first episode I had watched in a while, and I loved the final song with the rain. It reminded me of the OLD Glee. This season has not been the same for me, sadly.

Melanie
11-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Wasn't crazy about the Sue marrying herself storyline, but otherwise a good episode. Did wonder how long it would take for a song to appear though. But the wedding scene was great, and I would assume inspired by that 'YouTube sensation' wedding video from last year.

MNNHFLTX
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Wasn't crazy about the Sue marrying herself storyline, but otherwise a good episode. Did wonder how long it would take for a song to appear though. But the wedding scene was great, and I would assume inspired by that 'YouTube sensation' wedding video from last year.

Wow, I had forgotten about that video. But I bet that you're right!

MNNHFLTX
12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, what did everyone think of last night's show? I, for one, sorely missed Sue. And Emma getting married--that just all seems so weird. Why was she able to get over her phobias/hang-ups with Carl so easily and not with Will? And that Kurt was so uncomfortable and stiff during that dance with the Warblers seemed strange too. I get that they're trying to make him appear out of his element at the new school, even though he should be in his element. After all, he has to come back to New Directions eventually. But it just doesn't ring true to me.

I almost hate to admit it, but Artie and Brittany are kind of cute together. Still hard to like Santana though.

JanetMegan
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Whew, glad I remembered to come by here cause I had a lot of Glee comments this week ;)

I thought the episode was cute but even I missed Sue as well. There were a couple really funny inside jokes last night about Brittany and Sharks and then I almost died when Kurt was singing Don't Cry for Me...and started to raise his arms up a la Evita and Blaine (sp?) shook his head and he dropped his hands...dying!! That being said...I wanted to comment that yesterday thanks to Amazon I got the Christmas Glee cd and the Volume 4 regular cd and was pretty disappointed in both of them. I guess I should have looked at the track list but I have all the cds so far so I just jumped at them. The Christmas one is pretty cheesy and I just really couldn't get into it except one or two songs and the Volume 4 cd seems to be missing my most favorite songs of the season so far-like Rachael's take on Yentl and the Umbrella/Singin in the Rain mashup...bummer.

citizensnoopy
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Loved the Glee Christmas episode! I enjoyed that they chose some more obscure songs (especially the misfit toy song from Rudolph and the Whoville song). The ending was a little cheesy with Artie walking, but overall I was pleased with the episode. Sue makes a great Grinch. :)

2Epcot
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Loved the Glee Christmas episode! I enjoyed that they chose some more obscure songs (especially the misfit toy song from Rudolph and the Whoville song). The ending was a little cheesy with Artie walking, but overall I was pleased with the episode. Sue makes a great Grinch. :)

I enjoyed the episode as well. This misfit toy song was a great choice since they always consider themselves outcasts. The "Welcome Christmas" song from The Grinch has always been my favorite part of the Grinch special/movie. I really liked the Glee arrangement of the song.

White Rose
12-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Absolutely adored the Christmas episode! The Grinch part was SO well done! I have the CD and was quite pleasantly surprised they didn't do every song off the CD and the Whoville song was even more precious.

I got slightly irritated with Rachel, but on the whole, was pretty sympathetic towards her. Brittany and Artie are surprisingly ADORABLE with each other and I find myself really looking forward to their interactions. They seem to really care for each other!

I also adored the version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Blaine and Kurt! <3 the two of them!!!

All in all, a wonderful episode!

Kenny1113
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I too really enjoyed Kurt and blaine's "baby it's cold outside". I have heard versions that are :ack: (Jessica Simpson and nick lachey)

Melanie
02-09-2011, 06:22 PM
So....Glee is back! :clappy:

But what is with Blaine getting as many headliners as Rachel? When did this become the Warblers show? I like him and I like his voice, but it's getting away from what we all love about Glee.

And Finn and Quinn getting back together? Eh.

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
But what is with Blaine getting as many headliners as Rachel? When did this become the Warblers show? I like him and I like his voice, but it's getting away from what we all love about Glee. Amen!

And Finn and Quinn getting back together? Eh.Amen again!

laprana
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I really liked both new Glee episodes this week, especially the Thriller performance. So fun!

So....Glee is back! :clappy:

But what is with Blaine getting as many headliners as Rachel? When did this become the Warblers show? I like him and I like his voice, but it's getting away from what we all love about Glee.

And Finn and Quinn getting back together? Eh.

:ditto: During the Valentine's episode, I kept thinking, "When are they going to let Kurt sing again??" And Finn and Quinn...:ack:

MNNHFLTX
04-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I really enjoyed the episode tonight. And especially because I--gasp!--loved Gwyneth Paltrow doing "Turning Tables" (of course it helps that I totally love the Adele album she took it from). Glad to see Will and Emma starting to get back on track--very sweet.

Dopey's Girl
04-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I loved last nights ep. The version of 'Unpretty' was awesome!!

PrettyMinnie
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I loved last nights ep. The version of 'Unpretty' was awesome!!

Hands down my favorite song of the night! Amazing!

Dopey's Girl
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Hands down my favorite song of the night! Amazing!

Mine too! I already downloaded it on my iPhone. The longer version is so good!

PirateLover
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow. Great episode. Really stirred up a lot of emotion in me! Can't wait to see what's in store for the finale although I have to say I was a little underwhelemed by the previous original songs.

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I thought the show was good too, although I didn't care as much for the old show tunes Kurt and Rachel did for their auditions. These are (supposed to be) high-schoolers and I think it would make more sense for them to perform more current material. On the other hand, Santana singing "Back in Black" was fantastic.

Totally loved the glee club singing "Pure Imagination"--that was beautiful in conjunction with the video of Sue's sister. And Will reading Sue's eulogy brought tears to my eyes, as did Sue making Becky the captain of the Cheerios next year (in a way, she got that one last hug from her sister after all).

Does anyone else think that Jesse has almost become evil incarnate on the show?

smcd
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Last nights episode was amazing! I like the combo of contemporary and classic show tunes - Kurt and Rachel are amazing...and loved Santanas song and Mercedes version of Tenderness!

The whole funeral was so touching,...and great version of Pure Imagination.

And Finn breaking off with Quinn - finally.

Melanie
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Totally loved the glee club singing "Pure Imagination"--that was beautiful in conjunction with the video of Sue's sister. And Will reading Sue's eulogy brought tears to my eyes, as did Sue making Becky the captain of the Cheerios next year (in a way, she got that one last hug from h'er sister after all).

I wish I didn't feel this way, but the whole time they are doing this, I'm thinking "why? She's just going to bust on you at the first opportunity." We've seen it before. :unsure:

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
I wish I didn't feel this way, but the whole time they are doing this, I'm thinking "why? She's just going to bust on you at the first opportunity." We've seen it before. :unsure:Yeah, I don't hold out much hope that the "new Sue" will stick. That would upset the dynamics of the whole show.

PirateLover
05-21-2011, 02:38 PM
I wish I didn't feel this way, but the whole time they are doing this, I'm thinking "why? She's just going to bust on you at the first opportunity." We've seen it before. :unsure:
I think it just fits with the overall theme of the show-acceptance. Yes, Sue is a mean witch, but they have all seen another side to her from time to time. She is still a human being and Will won't give up on her.

Yeah, I don't hold out much hope that the "new Sue" will stick. That would upset the dynamics of the whole show.
She will always have her snarky comments. Even when Finn and Kurt were trying to console her she was still calling them names. Loved the Eddie and Herman Munster comment.

In regards to the show tunes, I think they have always been a staple of this show. Yes they do all kinds of music but it always has played to the theater geeks. Most of the performers are musical theater vets. Also, I was never in a "show choir" but I did participate in a more basic glee club in high school, and we always had at least one show tune song/medley. There was a lot of crossover of theater kids in glee.

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2011, 04:53 PM
In regards to the show tunes, I think they have always been a staple of this show. Yes they do all kinds of music but it always has played to the theater geeks. Most of the performers are musical theater vets. Also, I was never in a "show choir" but I did participate in a more basic glee club in high school, and we always had at least one show tune song/medley. There was a lot of crossover of theater kids in glee.It's not so much the show tunes (I love musical theater) as that they are older show tunes. There's a lot of great music on Broadway right now that would be fun to hear the Glee cast do, not just recycled Barbra Streisand tunes from the 60's. :shrug:

PirateLover
05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
It's not so much the show tunes (I love musical theater) as that they are older show tunes. There's a lot of great music on Broadway right now that would be fun to hear the Glee cast do, not just recycled Barbra Streisand tunes from the 60's. :shrug:

You're right, I totally see your point, but Gypsy is actually being remade into a new movie, and Rachel's character has always had a close association to Babs so I guess I just didn't find it that odd.

citizensnoopy
05-22-2011, 10:44 PM
You're right, I totally see your point, but Gypsy is actually being remade into a new movie, and Rachel's character has always had a close association to Babs so I guess I just didn't find it that odd.

Is it still being made into a new movie? Last I heard Barbra had pulled out of it.

PirateLover
05-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Is it still being made into a new movie? Last I heard Barbra had pulled out of it.

You're right, I'm not sure. With the recent death of Arthur Laurents it's up in the air. Forgot about that.

White Rose
05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Is everyone excited for the season finale tonight?! I'm SO pumped. I'm probably in the minority here, but I've really enjoyed this season.

Remember! It's also on at a different time tonight--9pm EST because of the American Idol season finale.

JanetMegan
05-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm a couple weeks behind but I so loved "Unpretty" as well ;) Have last week's to watch as well. Looking forward to the finale but not always keen on the original songs. I'm actually a big fan of the older broadway stuff (although I can see using some newer stuff too, what about something from even ten year old stuff like Rent etc.?)

Melanie
05-24-2011, 02:53 PM
what about something from even ten year old stuff like Rent etc.?)

They actually did do Take Me or Leave Me, which was really good I thought.

BellesRose
05-24-2011, 09:50 PM
SPOILERS!

I'm not even halfway through this episode and I can't believe how corny it is! Ok, so Bella Notte was kind of amazing, but it was still super cheesy. And really Rachel? The "Queen of Broadway" bought tickets for Cats? And Kurt, the "King of Broadway," got all excited? And QUINN was the one with common sense?!?!

MNNHFLTX
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
They actually did do Take Me or Leave Me, which was really good I thought.Oh yes, Rachel and Mercedes singing that song was one of the highlights of the season for me.

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 11:07 PM
SPOILERS!

I'm not even halfway through this episode and I can't believe how corny it is! Ok, so Bella Notte was kind of amazing, but it was still super cheesy. And really Rachel? The "Queen of Broadway" bought tickets for Cats? And Kurt, the "King of Broadway," got all excited? And QUINN was the one with common sense?!?!

Yeah, that Cats thing made no sense, and was followed by the stupid credit card buttcrack joke. It was lacking in Sue Sylvester hijinks and pretty upbeat with no real conflict, despite the contest going on and how they did in it. But I enjoyed it. Not the best episode by any stretch, but not bad.

Kenny1113
05-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I agree! Worst episode by far! :) the show is usually cheesy, bur a good cheesy. This just took the cake, I thought at some point it was going to be someones fantasy.

Melanie
05-26-2011, 08:20 AM
I liked the finale. Didn't seem 'fantasy-like' to me at all, or no more so than any other episode.

And I'm definitely in the minority with missing Sue. To me, it's good when she's not in every single episode. The past episode was extremely Sue heavy, so it was nice for a break. For me, Sue is awesome (much like Brittany) in small doses.

I liked how they tidied up Finnchel and Kurt and Blaine, and what about Sam and Mercedes? I liked the songs overall, and also liked that they didn't even finish in the top 10 of nationals.

SBETigg
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I liked how they tidied up Finnchel and Kurt and Blaine, and what about Sam and Mercedes? I liked the songs overall, and also liked that they didn't even finish in the top 10 of nationals.

It was a nice wrap-up, and Sam and Mercedes, kind of adorable.

White Rose
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I liked the finale. Didn't seem 'fantasy-like' to me at all, or no more so than any other episode.

And I'm definitely in the minority with missing Sue. To me, it's good when she's not in every single episode. The past episode was extremely Sue heavy, so it was nice for a break. For me, Sue is awesome (much like Brittany) in small doses.

I also, too, really enjoyed the episode. I honestly didn't expect them to win Nationals (especially as because we need that as a major plot point for the 3rd season). It's been nice to see them gradually work themselves over the last two seasons, instead of being instantly a hit and successful.

I'm going to also join you in that minority, Melanie. I really do enjoy Sue when she is around but I'm grateful for the break they give us sometimes from her meddling and planning; a nice breath of fresh air and it keeps her from getting old.

Klaine is pretty much my favorite couple, ever, so I was happy with their little bit at the end. Finnchel was great, too, and I can't wait to see what they do with Samcedes next season. It's bugging me they're hiding their relationship and I'm curious as to what they're reasons are behind that.

Overall, I walked away pretty satisfied that it wasn't some two hour, fire burning, spectacle. My only hope is that there is a just a bit more highlighting of the characters next season, like Tina, Mike and Mercedes. :)

Luckily, I'm not completely finished with my Glee fix, yet, as I have floor seats to Glee Live in Philly on June 8th! :thumbsup:

Melanie
07-02-2011, 12:10 PM
So they introduce the whole Sam-Mercedes relationship on the finale, and now word this morning that Chord Overstreet won't be back (at least as a regular) next season.

MNNHFLTX
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM
So they introduce the whole Sam-Mercedes relationship on the finale, and now word this morning that Chord Overstreet won't be back (at least as a regular) next season.Aw, really? :( I thought Sam's story line last season was one of the more interesting ones they've had on the show. And poor Mercedes--she can't ever catch a break with the guys.