PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin D/Whole Milk

YatesMom
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi all! :mickey: I'm traveling with my family including a 1 year old for a week in the wonderful world. Just wondering if anyone knows if Vitamin D/Whole Milk is sold in the resorts and/or in the restaurants in WDW. Thanks!!!

Joannelet
09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes the resorts definitely sell whole milk.
I believe some counter services do too in the parks. I don't know about the restaurants though so I'm hoping someone else can chime in on that one.

Scar
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Being out in the sun is also an excellent source of Vitamin D. :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
09-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope it is available. My almost 11yo DD loves the whole milk. She will drink the 2% but like the whole milk better.

disneymom15
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure it's whole milk and 2% that they offer in the food courts.

faline
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Being out in the sun is also an excellent source of Vitamin D. :thumbsup:

It is but, if you use sun screen, much of the vitamin D is blocked.

YatesMom
09-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Does Disney offer 100% fruit juice or is it more like the juices that contain fruit juice but aren't 100%. As you can tell, we're trying to stick to the kinds of drinks we have at home. Her pediatrician recommends the Vitamin D/whole milk and 100% fruit juice. So, I'm trying to make sure they are offered or I may try to pack enough in the resort room for the day. Even though it's more expensive to buy while in the parks, the convience of not having to keep it cold is very alluring! ;)

BrerGnat
09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Does Disney offer 100% fruit juice or is it more like the juices that contain fruit juice but aren't 100%. As you can tell, we're trying to stick to the kinds of drinks we have at home. Her pediatrician recommends the Vitamin D/whole milk and 100% fruit juice. So, I'm trying to make sure they are offered or I may try to pack enough in the resort room for the day. Even though it's more expensive to buy while in the parks, the convience of not having to keep it cold is very alluring! ;)

The OJ is the only 100% juice you will find at Disney.

OJ is the ONLY juice our pediatrician recommended for our kids...

nfrustaci
09-23-2010, 10:39 PM
u can get whole milk at every restaurant and at the resorts. my ped. says that juice is empty calories and is not reccomended, so it is up to u. i do believe that they also have cranberry juice that is 100 juice. that is the only juice that i give my son. u could pack juice boxes and just water them down. one should last for at least 2 large bottles. i used to get more like 4 out of 1 box. good luck and have fun.

JenniferS.
09-25-2010, 07:31 PM
What about Lactaid milk?? My son is lactose intolerent and I hadn't even thought of this issue while in WDW. We all drink skim milk, but we are fine with any other kind also. Whole milk is a treat in WDW...you forget how thick and creamy it is. :D

Joannelet
09-25-2010, 09:33 PM
What about Lactaid milk?? My son is lactose intolerent and I hadn't even thought of this issue while in WDW. We all drink skim milk, but we are fine with any other kind also. Whole milk is a treat in WDW...you forget how thick and creamy it is. :D

Yes call in advance and have them put this on your reservations. At the food court in your hotel you can ask a manager. THey do not have lactaid milk out but they do have some in the back (from what I am reading). You can even talk to the managers at counter services. They will be able to help you. Also if you want, it can be ordered from garden grocer to have some in your room.

Buttercup
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I believe all milks (1%, 2%, whole milk, etc.) are all fortified with vitamin D. At least, up here in Canada I believe they are. :thumbsup: But yes, as everyone said, if you want the higher fat content for your baby, there is whole milk available. I sometimes will buy whole milk at home because it makes for some creamier hot chocolate! mmmmmmm

Iluvpooh
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I could have sworn we got 100% Minute Maid Apple Juice at the resort food court. I know the Mickey Meal juice boxes were 100% Minute Maid apple juice.
We prefer to bring Horizon Milk boxes with us. They are awesome and don't have to be refridgerated. Of course you'll want to before you drink them, but they travel well.