PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time for Christmas decorations

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
We have been to Disney many many times, but NEVER at Christmas.
I am very flexabile with dates and was wondering when is the best time to visit, so we will see the decorations and have the LEAST amount of crowds. I need specific dates for 10 days, as i am from Canada and not sure when your holidays (thanksgiving etc) falls.

Strmchsr
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
The "best" time in terms of crowds would be mid-November. However, everything isn't going then. The Candlelight Processional and Epcot stuff doesn't start until after Thanksgiving (4th Thursday of November each year). The Christmas party and Osborne Lights usually start mid-November and much of the rest of the decorations are up then. However, once you get past Thanksgiving, there's not a "low" time anymore. It's getting more crowded every year. The crowds aren't horrible, just not low, until you get to around Dec 18-20. From that time on it's pretty packed.

BigRedDad
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Probably second week of December if you want all the stuff going on.

Disney4us2
09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Our last trip was the first week of December. Our upcoming trip is also for the first week in December. We will be there from 12/1 to 12/8. Last time everything was up. Osborne Lights were just incredible.

disneymom15
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Last year we did Nov 29-Dec 6 (Sunday after thanksgiving) & I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. This year we're going Dec 5-Dec 12, hoping we get similar crowd levels. Love Disney at Christmas time. The castle is breathtaking.

nfrustaci
09-23-2010, 10:57 PM
This will be our first time there during the holidays too. lat year we met a photographer that told us the last week in november is the best week to come. the sunday following thanksgiving, so we have our trip planned for November 28 - December 4th. looking forward to all the christmas decorations and everything disney. we are also going to decorate the resort room for our 2 year old son. so excited. have a great trip.

Strmchsr
09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
the sunday following thanksgiving, so we have our trip planned for November 28 - December 4th.

That used to be true. It used to be empty that week. Not so any more. Also, be aware that they tape the Christmas day parade that airs on ABC Dec 3-4. No much effect on the other parks, but MK is pretty crazy those days, so be sure you plan for another park.

elmjimmlm
09-24-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought that I read the week before Christmas is the best time to go...

Strmchsr
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I thought that I read the week before Christmas is the best time to go...

Not in terms of crowds. It gets pretty packed then. Not as bad as after Christmas, but anytime after around Dec 17-18 gets pretty crazy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
We were there the first week of Dec 2005 and the crowds weren't bad at all and everything was decorated.

pokci
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Fly or drive in the Monday right after Thanksgiving - this year that would be November 29. The crowds are at their lowest. The kids groups (Pop Warner) are coming the second week of December this year - but that really only affects the value resorts. The parade taping is no biggie - just don't go to MK those two days. This is my 10th trip at this time of year. The decorations are in full bloom, eveyrthing is up and running - it's Christmas in the World. No crowds, great weather - last year it was in the 80s the whole week! I'm flying in 11/29 - 12/5! Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Harriet
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Back in 2005 I went the Friday after Thanksgiving and stayed 9 days and it was awsome. This time I am going the week before Thanksgiving to avoid POP Warner and the Taping at MK. As far as CP goes I've seen it twice. the only other thing going on at Epcot is the Story tellers after Thanksgiving. There is not much in Christmas Decoration at Epcot any more. So that is very disapponting. I will enjoy the Christmas Party all the more at MK on the 18th of November. Have a Wishes cruise with another family on the 15th which will a bonus since these are hard to get and I don't book it I always get connected with someone willing to share their Cruise with others. It serves everyone when the cost is split among everyone. :santa::cloud9:

jenperich
09-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Last year we did Nov 29-Dec 6 (Sunday after thanksgiving) & I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. Love Disney at Christmas time. The castle is breathtaking.

I absolutely agree! We also went the day after Thanksgiving and it was wonderful! The crowds were low and the decorations amazing!!! Christmas is without a doubt the BEST time to visit WDW! Have a great time.