PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo review

paragon
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Ok, so we literally just decided to book a four day trip to WDW, over halloween. we are staying at POP, 10/28 - 11/1

I was hoping to book the Hoop Dee Doo review dinner show. We got the DDP, the site states it uses two table service meals, which is fine, but the ADR requires credit card payment in full. Will we get a credit back for this?????

Also, we will be using the WDW busses.
If I book a breakfast at Cape May, which is at the Beach Club, how go we get there??

WDWCrazyKaren
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
I can't answer your question about Hoop Dee Doo, but we just made our ADR's for Akershus breakfast, and they did take my card number, but didn't charge it, so I don't have an answer for you on the charge you just rec'd.

From POP to Cape May-Depends on the time of your breakfast. If it's the first seating of the day, I'll just tell you its easier to take a cab! We found that out the hard way last year. If it happens to be on a day when DHS has early entry-your best bet is to take a bus to DHS, then take the boat to the Beach Club. Actually, that's the best way to get there at all other times, and the boat is so nice and relaxing. However, like I said, if it's first seating, take a cab!

paragon
09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks . Im on the phone with WDW now, hopefully the CM will have the info. I didn't book yet, so I haven't been charged yet, I'm checking how that works now.
Yeah I thought a cab might be best, we usually rent a car, but opted out for this "short" trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
We did Hoop Dee Doo in Dec. 2008 and it required a credit card to reserve it. We had the dining plan also and they did not charge our card. We were told they would only charge the card if we were no shows. Hope that helps

paragon
09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes, thank you! I just got off the phone with the CM and she told that same info!
I just made a reservation.

2MuchWDFun
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
This is a great question that I'm sure lots of people run in to. We made Hoop de Doo and CRT ressies for our upcoming vacation.

Just as an FYI for others that are reading this...as of right now you'll need to call to make the reservation (just as Paragon had to do) if you are on the DDP. I have read that others gave their CC info on line and then got charged. The online reservation system doesn't know you are on the Dining Plan and will charge you the full price.

Hopefully Disney will work that quirk out of the online dining reservation system.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-22-2010, 08:46 PM
How do you get to Hoop Dee Doo? Not sure where you are coming from but the best way (in my opinion) is to take the bus (or monoline) to MK and then take the boat to the resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes, in general, the easiest way to HDD is to get to MK and then take the boat over to Fort Wilderness.

If you're coming from another park, you could also take the FW bus, and then the internal bus to Pioneer Hall.